Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Dark Tournament

Summary: This is my version of the Dark Tournament Semi-finals and Finals that my warped mind came up with. Enjoy!

Christa muse: Enjoy! Until it gets dirty!

Neo: Christa muse! Please forgive my muse, she is crazy, and this story isn't dirty!

Christa muse: So you say.

Neo: ~sigh~ Just read the disclaimer.

Christa muse: Neo does not own Yu Yu Hakusho, if she did she wouldn't be writing this, so don't sue!

Neo: Another thing, all flames that we get will be used to roast hotdogs and marshmallows for s'mores on our camp-out.

Chibi Bakura muse: On wit da stowy!

The Urameshi Team was waiting patiently by the arena for 6the chance to go and fight. The leaders had agreed that the fighting pairs would be drawn out of a basket that had the names of the still living on them.

Hiei and Kurama had gone and were waiting to see who would be chosen next. The names drawn were the two team leaders, Yusuke and Shishu.

"All right, let's see what this guy can do!" Yusuke hopped easily into the ring and Shishu just smirked at him evilly.

"Before this match is on, may I do something?" Kyoto, the announcer nodded, "Good. Here it comes Urameshi!" Shishu threw a strange ball at Yusuke, which exploded and covered him in smoke.

Yusuke choked and fell to the ground. "What did you do to me!?"

Shishu smirked again. "Simple, the smoke you just inhaled has the power to turn any human into a youkai. You see all humans have an inner youkai that they might have become and the smoke brings it out for twenty-four hours. Of course, nearly every human's inner youkai is pathetic. You'll be easy to beat now!"

Yusuke stared at him for a few seconds before screaming in pain as all of his reiki was sucked from his body and replaced by youki.

Blood red energy surrounded Yusuke and his body began to change. His hair grew out and fell down to his waist, then it spiked out and turned a light blonde color Yusuke's shirt was ripped to shreds by the energy around him and jagged black marks appeared on his body. His eyes opened and turned blood red and wild. Inch-long razor sharp ebony claws grew out where his nails had been and glittered in the sun. Then it was complete.

Hiei looked over the change critically. Yusuke's change was cool, but like Shishu said, a human's inner youkai was weak.

Shishu laughed and began walking over to the newly made youkai. He stopped suddenly when a blast of youki washed over him. Everyone stared at Yusuke in shock as he stood up carefully and raised a hand to his face, flexing his new claws.

"Well, this is interesting." Kurama commented as he watched Yusuke with the others.

Hiei nodded, "Yes, he seems stronger than I thought he would be, but he still won't be strong enough. You know a human's inner youkai is never strong enough to beat a real youkai."

Shishu watched Yusuke carefully as he checked himself out. "You know," he began, calling the new youkai's attention to him, "that is a better change that I thought and I do love the claws, but I must get this over with."

With that, Shishu ran toward Yusuke with blinding speed, his fist ready to punch Yusuke's head off. Yusuke did nothing besides look at him.

"Seems Yusuke's just going to except his fate." Hiei said, watching the fight carefully. "There is no way he can win." Hiei closed his eyes and turned away, not wanting to see his teammate die.

Suddenly, he heard a gasp from nearly everyone watching and turned around to see his own eyes almost popping out themselves when he looked.

TBC

Neo: Do ya like so far? (Dodges random idioms thrown by reviewers)

Christa muse" Read and Review, or I'll put dirty ideas in your head!

Chibi Bakura muse: Diwty!

Neo: Please review! As I said before, flames will be used to roast hotdogs and marshmallows, after they have been laughed at!