Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl in Black ❯ A Spirit Detective ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


ok not much to say here so on to the story

Chapter Three: Meeting New People

Normal POV

As Kage stepped into the classroom, she was once again greeted by the stare of courious, unfarmiliar eyes. She didn't need to turn her head realize they were staring, she could feel their gaze upon her.

"Ah, you must be the new student," said the man standing at the front of the room. He was tall with short black hair, and dark eyes behinde his squarish glasses, he had a strangley shaped chin, and wore an expresion, that said he would clearly not tolerate any nonsense in his class.

Kage stole a short glance at his desk, spotting a nameplat that read "Iwamodo"

" I see you're not wearing your uniform." he said, stating the obvious. "Another rotten apple...I'm sure you and Urameshi will have all sorts of fun together together."(OK people dont take that the wrong way!) a look of distaste forming on his face, like he had just detected a horrid decaying sent.

Another? Kage thought, now for the first time slightly interested in what the teachers at this school had to say, completly ignoring the rude coment. Maybe I'll finaly get to have some fun. Urameshi...I'l have to remember that name.

"Well, why dont you introduce yourself miss..." he paused, as if trying to rember something of little importance. "...Kage Hono'o I believe."

Kage turned to face her new class, scanning the room before she spoke.


"I wouldn't want to frighten you, you see, there is nothing about me you would enjoy discovering." Kage said, forming the words carefully, making sure the entire class understodd perfectly. A small smirk appeared at the corner of her mouth as the entire class have a shudder, while some shifted uncomfortably in thier seats. That was the only thing she liked about attending a new school, she loved to frighten them with her dark attitude, and piercing glares.

Kage survayed the room, examining each student thouroghly, searching for something that may catch her intrest. There was in the seond row back, the desk nearest the window, a girl with a kind face, short brown hair and eyes to mach, who wore more of a sympathetic than frightened look. (everybody knows who this is right? duh.)

It caught Kage's attention, but it didn't quite gather her interest. Foolish girl, she thought I don't need your pity.
"Well then if you're finished, take your seat." Iwamodo ordered, not seeming fazed at all.

Kage spotted an empty desk in the back row. She walked over to it, once again glaring at everyone who starred as she passed. Even when she sat down, they continued to stare. A threatening glace in their direction soon corrected the problem. Her classmates quickly
turned aroud to face the front of the room looking nervous even from behind.

The rest of the period driffted by slowly, as Kage continued to fiddle with the ideas she had been playing with earlier before she had reached the front gates of the school. As the bell for second period rang, students shuffled out of the room, all trying not to make eye contact with Kage.

She wondered through the halls ignoring the starring eyes. She had decided she had shot nearly enough glares for a while. A few minutes later the halls were void of students, all in their next class. At the end of the hallway Kage had been walking along, on the left side was a stairway, apparently leading up to the roof. She decided she had nothing bettter to do, so she started up the stairs.

When she reached to top, she placed her hand on the doorknob. Suddenly, she stopped. She heard talking from the other side of the door.

Who else would want to be up on the roof? suddenly she remembered. Maybe Urameshi is on the other side of this door ...I hope so ...I'm so bored!

Listening closer, just out of pure curiousity, she heard another voice. She couldn't make out what they were saying, they must have been near the other side of the roof. This voice sounded a bit more rough and - Kage wasn't sure how she could tell- a bit clueless than the other. The other voice sounded smooth and mocking.

Maybe I'll get the meet the other 'rotten apple.' Kage thought, recalling Iwamado's rediculous insult. So, without waiting any longer, Kage turned the handle on the door, and pushed it outward.

She was greeted by an abrupt silence, save the creaking of the door as it opened.

As she stepped out from behind the door, she spotted two boys on the opposite end of the roof. One was sitting with one leg pointed outward and the other leg bent up near his chest, with his hands behind his head. The other boy was standing next to him, hands in his pockets. They were both leaning against the wall.

The one standing was whearing a blue uniform like the rest of the boys at the school, except his was a bit lighter than the rest. He was tall and lanky with the worst Elvis -hair impersonation she had ever seen. The fact that he had orange hair and not black added to this. -She had learned about Elvis from one of the previous families she had been with. They had a picture of him hanging on their wall.- He had an unusual shaped face, sort of stangley angled is the only way do describe it. (lol)

When he saw Kage standing by the roof's door, a shiver ran through his spine, and he whent blue in the temples. (U all know what I mean right? Like when he saw Toguro level that building.)His whole body seemed to tense. He starred at her wide eyed and looked very nervous. That's when the other boy spoke.

"Hey Kuwabara, what's your problem?" Asked the other boy mockingly.

He, unlike the one called Kuwabara, wore a green jumpsuit instead of a blue one. He had daring, chocolate brown eyes, and his jet black hair was slicked back with what seemed like pounds of gel. He starred at Kage for a moment, an inspecting look on his face.

Kage glared threateningly at him, the wind blowing gentley, pressing her long, black hair to her face, concealing nearly all but her eyes. However, the boy seemed completly uneffected even as he met her eyes with a gaze of his own. This impressed Kage in the slightest. A fellow teen acualy wasn't afraid of her...

"Whatsa matter Kuwabara? Never seen a girl before?" The boy asked jokingly, standing up, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Shut up Urameshi! I just got a creepy feeling is all!" Kuwabara shouted in defense. (ok they cant sense her demon enery b/c they're off gaurd. I realize that would never happen but im making it that way'cause its my story!)

So he is Urameshi...Good...Now I finaly get to have some fun. Kage thought to herself with a small feeling of rare happiness, a devilish grin appeared on her face. Now let's see...should I wait for him to come to me?...or should I introduce myself?... Kage pondered the thought for a few moments before deciding. ...I think I'll let his curiousity get the best of him.

"Yeah, I can see why." Urameshi whispered to Kuwabara, giggling as he did, but Kuwabara just kept starring, not taking his eyes off Kage.

Kage overheard his remark, the grin on her face grew even broader. She loved it when someone thought she was frightening. It ment she had accomplished her goal.

"Come on, let's go say hi." He said, grabbed Kuwabara's sleeve, and began dragging him tward Kage. He wanted to scare Kuwabara by having him introduce himself to the strange girl. But in truth he was a bit curious himself. No one ever dare come to the roof knowing he was their, and even sometimes with Kuwabara as well. He had heard that there was supposed to be a transfer student. He wondered if she was it.

As he came to a halt in front of Kage, he released Kuwabara, who took a few cautious steps back.

"Hey there, I haven't seen you around here before." He stated. "So are you the new kid or what?"

"...Yes." Kage replied simply, seeing no reason to say anymore.

"So what's with you? Don't talk much do ya?" he asked plainly

Kage remained silent.

"Alright then...So what are you doing up here anyway? No wait, lemme guess. School sucks right?"

"It has no purpose." Kage told him emotionlessly.

"Finaly someone who agree's with me." He said happily, a michievious grin spread across his face.

"I take it you are the Urameshi I've heard about?" Kage asked, being carefull so as not to let them know she had overheard them talking from behind the door. They may get suspicious if they knew.

"Yeah, that's me." Urameshi replied in a proud voice.

" So...can you fight?...or are you just all talk and no action?" She chalengingly asked him.

He was taken aback by the rediculous question.

"Of course I can fight!" He shouted hotly, his grin vanishing.

"Care for a match then?" Kage asked him, taking her hands from her pockets.

"Huh?" He asked even more surprised.

"Hold it Urameshi." a hand had appeared on the his shouder. "You can't go aroung hitting girls." Kuwabara had finaly spoken up, thoughhe still looked a bit nervous.

"Would you care to fight me first then?" Kage shot Kuwabara a deadly glare, and raised her right fist challengingly. Nothing would stand between her an what little fun she could have.

"Oh, uh...no that's ok..." He replied begining to shrink away from her.

"Yeah, besides Kuwabara she's askin' for it." Urameshi said, shifting his gaze to the retreating Kuwabara. A cocky grin shone on his face.

"Fine then. Shall we begin?" Kage asked him eagerly.

He replied by placing himself into a stance, ready to defend himself. Kage did the same. A few seconds later, Kage was in front of him, throwing her right fist tward his face. He dodged by ducking below her, trying to sweep her with his left leg. Kage jumped in the air, landing a few feet from him. She then swung her right leg tward his side, catching him off gaurd with the sudden attack. She landed the blow just on the edge of his ribcage. He fliched as her foot colided with his side.

Damn, she's pretty stong for a girl! He thought as he backed away quickly, clutching his side.


Kage advanced tucking back her fist, preparing to throw a punch. Urameshi quickly prepared to counter. This time he blocked her puch by grabbing her fist as it neared his face again. As he held on to her fist with his left hand, he quickly thrust his other at her stomache before she had a chance to throw another punch with her free hand. Now his blow landed, and Kage stumbeled backward a bit, cluching her stomache with one hand.

Wow, he acualy hit me. Kage thought, a bit surprised. A human hasn't been able to land a blow on me in quite a while...perhaps...I could befiend this boy. He would make an excelent sparing partner.

Suddenly, he came rushing tward her, preparing to throw another punch. As his fist came flying at her, there was a loud beeping sound, coming from somwwhere very nearby. The boy stopped his fist in mid air, just as Kage was about to block his punch.

"What's wrong?" she asked him, irritated that they had stopped fighting. She had just started to have some fun.

"Uh, I have to tak this call. Gimme a sec. okay?" He then ran off tward Kuwabara who had been watching the fight intently.

There were a few mumbles from the opposite side of the roof when Kage heard something that sounded like...

"Finish your scuffle later! An important case has just come up!!" The voice sounded high piched and young like that of a toddler.

Then she heard "Shut up already I'm coming!!!" from Urameshi.

They had their backs turned so Kage wasnt certain what was going on.

Hmm...I wonder...a case...could this boy be...a Spirit Detective? It would explain why he was able to hit me...He does seem a bit unusual... Kage fiddled with the subjec for a few moments then decided I think I'll keep a close eye on this boy. He could be trouble...

After a few more mumbles,a slight click was heard, then Urameshi came walking back over to her, Kuwabara close behind.

"We'll have to finish this another time. Um...something came up." He said soundin irritated by the interuption as well.

"If you must leave then do so, but we haven't been properly introduced...I never leave an opponent without giving them my name." Kage explained.

"Likewise." He replied "I'm Yusuke Urameshi. Oh and that guy who's afraid of you over there is Kazuma Kuwabara." Yusuke held out his hand for a proper shake.

"I am Kage Hono'o. It's a pleasure to meet an honorable fighter." Kage shook his had as she would with a worthy fighter.

"Well, see ya around." Yusuke said as they released hands.

"Uh...Yeah..." Kuwabara said looking not so nervous now.

A moment later, the sound of feet stepping down stairs was heard as the two boys left the roof.

You're not getting away that easily. Kage thought as she spotted them from the roof a few minutes later, walking tward the school gates. As soon as they had turned the corner, Kaged glanced around to make sure no one was watching, then leapt off the roof. She landed gracfully on her feet and started after them. She spotted them again when she turned the same corner. As she followed them, she kept her distance so as not to be seen.
...
...
...

Kura:"OK this was a bit longer. How do U like it? Please review or I wont update!!

Kurama: "I had better go find Hiei so I can keep an eye on him"

Kura: "Thank you!" (hugs Kurama again)

Kurama: (blushes)

Kura:(reluctantly lets go of Kuama)

Kurama:(goes off to search for Hiei)

Hiei: (appears next to Kura after Kurama leaves)"I have you now!" (swings katana at Kura)

Nikki:(suddenly appears and blocks Hiei's katana from hitting Kura with her own sword)"Yo."

Kura: "Nikki!" (relieved that she wasnt slashed to pieces)

Hiei: "What?!"

Nikki: "Next time i'll let him kill you... actually it might be fun."

Nikki and Hiei: (ingaged in a fast moving sword fight)

Kura: (sweatdrops) "Uhh...okaay...she saved me!" (I think)" But who is going to win the fight?"
.........
AN: OK Nikki has a voice now, so I hope u people are happy. If U arent then she might come after you next. lolSyonara Bye Bye