Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Getting Ready...for What? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnimeFox1940: Hola again!! I'd like to once again, say thanks for all the reviews so far!!! 18!! Wow! ^-^ I'm so happy!!


BlackCat116: You don't act like it, after all, you haven't updated in a while.


AnimeFox1940:...Shut up. But, you guys, I need to warn you now, I probably won't update in a while. I'm sorry. There was a death in my family...some Great-Grandma I don't even know, and haven't seen since I was 3 just died as of last night. I mean, I don't want to sound not-mournful, I mean, i think it's sad she died and all, it's just, I don't want to go with my dad to her funaral. That's all.


BlackCat116: What a great Grandchild you are.


AnimeFox1940: Its not like that! I mean, If we go, I'm going to have to sit in an old car, with my dad and my dad's girl-friend WHO HATES ME, may I add, AND my little brother for 12 hours. And then, I'm going to stand there, at a funereal, with people I don't even know standing around me and crying. Then, when I get back, that means MORE homework for me, and the teachers are REALLY going to hate me because I was just absent Thursday!!!


BlackCat116: That sounds selfish to me.


AnimeFox1940: I know...But don't you think it's selfish that my dad's taking me to this lady's funeral that he had neglected to take me to ANY other time before?!


BlackCat116: No.


AnimeFox1940: ..Fine. Okay, well, that's all for now, read on for the story. PS: I do not own Yu Yu Hakuso, or any other brand-names down there...so, yeah.


BlackCat116: Just, keep reading.


~~~~


Kuwabara threw a swift punch to Yusuke's chin and head a satisfing 'crunch', meaning he had broke Yusuke's jaw. Kuwabara pumped his arms up into the air in triumpth, knowing he won.



"HAHA! I, KAZUMA KUWABARA BEAT YOU URAMESHI!! I FINALLY BEAT YOU!!" Kuwabara yelled, causing the class to look back, some of which giggling slightly.



"Mr. Kuwabara, maybe you'd like to share this with the--" The English teacher was saying something, but had been cut off by the bell, meaning class was over.



"You beat ME? Man, Kuwabara. You really WERE dreaming. Too bad dreams never come true." Yusuke said, walking up to Kuwabara's desk.



Kuwabara looked around, only to find the class getting up and leaving hurriedly though the door, and Yusuke standing over him, looking as though in perfect condition. A blush of embarrassment come to his pale cheeks after realization that he had dozed off in class and made a fool of himself...again. "Shut up, Urameshi!! I could beat you!!! Even IN my sleep!!" Kuwabara then yelled, getting up from his seat and walking into the hallway, which was now filling and emptying of students.



"More like, only in your sleep." Yusuke said, snickering to himself when Kuwabara started cursing under his breath at Yusuke's sly remark.



"Where's Keiko?" Kuwabara then asked, trying to get over the fact that he was just beaten, yet again, by Yusuke in a word match.



"Eh, she's at some stupid school meeting or another. You know how she is with her stupid school." Yusuke said, but then let out a yelp of pain when someone's backpack/brief case got personal with the back of his head. He quickly spun around, ready to attack whoever had hit him, one of his hands holding his neglected head. Only to see Keiko standing right there.



"Hi Keiko!" Kuwabara said happily.



"Good Afternoon, Kuwabara." She smiled, smiling happily back to him, as though the insedent including her briefcase and the back of Yusuke's head never happened, even though the pain still throbbed in that spot for Yusuke.



"Heh. Nice Skirt." Yusuke then said, making Keiko blush and quickly slap him. Kuwabara laughed loudly as Yusuke rubbed his now red cheek.



"You're really asking for it today, Yusuke." Keiko said hotly. She was glaring at him firmly, and Yusuke cowered backwards, stumbling away from her. "Come on!" She then said, turning around.



"What are we doing?" Kuwabara asked.



"WHERE are we going?" Yusuke then asked, following Keiko's fast steps, Kuwabara trailing behind quickly.



"Puu's in my Locker." Keiko told, continuing to walk onward.



Yusuke's eyes grew wide. "You just left him in a locker?!!? Can't he DIE in there or something?! What if he starves!??! What if someone saw him Keiko?!!?" Yusuke screamed once she started turning the dial to her combination. She then opened it slowly, only for Puu to fly out with a loud, "PUU!" Attacking Yusuke.



"He seems fine to me." Kuwabara then said, blinking at the 'Reunion' between Spirit Beast and Owner.



"GET OFF ME YOU STUPID FUR-BALL!" Yusuke screamed, making Puu fly into the air, Yusuke now earning a hit from Keiko and Kuwabara.



"Ow!! I understand why KEIKO would hit me, but why YOU Kuwabara?!?!" Yusuke asked, glaring.



"Because! Puu's cute. And you're mean!" He then told, Puu flying over to Keiko.



"Oh, poor Puu. He's probably so traumatized. Look at him." Keiko said, holding him like a baby in her arms.



Puu just...Puu'd gently and stayed still as they watched him.



"Let's go. I hate this place." Yusuke said, turning around and walking though the main doors of the school, stretching out his arms and legs once completely outside.



Keiko followed eagerly. "And where are you two going?" She then asked.



"To the arcade." Yusuke answered swiftly.



Keiko sighed. "Yusuke, you're going to flunk if you never do anything!!" Keiko yelled to him.



"Again with the nagging!!" Yusuke yelled out to himself, rather than Keiko or Kuwabara.



"Well excuse me for being worried about my Boyfriend's education!" Keiko yelled, looking the opposite way. She liked Yusuke and all, she could never deny that, but, sometimes, he
acted like, like, 'Such a jerk!!' Her mind quickly clarified. 'He isn't SO bad...at least not all the time...'



He sneaked a glance back over to her, and she caught him so he quickly looked away. "Shouldn't you be going now, Keiko?" Yusuke then asked.



Keiko sighed loudly and glared once again.



They soon came upon the arcade, and Kuwabara quickly ran to a car racing game, and Yusuke ran to a fighting game and Keiko, she just stood there with Puu in her arms. They stayed there for about 30 minutes, Keiko sometimes playing but most of the time, her just watching while kids asked what she was holding and if it was alive. She just kept answering that it was a new kind of stuffed animal ont he market. Kinda like a Ferbie (don't own), but more cute and penguin-like. They left her alone afterwards.



Yusuke was now playing 'Goblin King', almost beating his high score when someone yelled, "Hello!!!" In a perky voice right in his ear. He quickly spun around only to find bubbly old Botan, standing there happily. But since he had been distracted from his game, the Goblin King defeated him and he mourned his loss as big, bold letters appeared on the screen that read, 'YOU LOSE'.



"What is it NOW, Botan?!?!" Yusuke yelled out. He looked behind her and saw Kurama standing there with his hands in his pockets and Hiei in his normal pose, a look on his face clearly stating that he didn't want to be where he was and that he wanted to kill all the little children who stared at him.



"We've been called to Genkai's. It's urgent." Kurama simply said in a calm voice.



Yusuke stared at him. "Doesn't seem like it. YOU don't sound too urgent." Yusuke told, smirking to himself and crossing his arms. He then looked back over to Hiei, who was scowling and muttering things to himself. "What's wrong with him?" He then asked, pointing to the Koorime demon, who glared back.



"Oh," Kurama paused and looked back at Hiei, then smiled again to Yusuke. Yoko replayed the entire 'Kena-Hit-Hiei-With-a-rock-and-he-fell-out-of-the-tree' incident into Hiei's mind, making Hiei glare even harder.



~It was a fluke.~ Hiei then shot in their head.



*Is that what you call it?* Yoko asked teasingly, smirking when Hiei growled.



"Well, Hiei...He met one of my friends today. They weren't really...nice to each other." Kurama said, smiling yet again, remembering the sight of it all.



"Okay..." Yusuke then said, walking forward. He gathered up Kuwabara, Keiko and Puu, and all 6 of them, not including Spirit Beasts, walked outside.



They all paused at a clearing, and everyone all looked over to Botan. "What?" She then asked very intelligently.



"Well?" Kuwabara asked.



Botan paused and stared at them who were all staring at her. "Well...what?" She asked.



Kuwabara sighed, and Yusuke seemed to be furious. "MAKE THE STUPID PORTAL TO GENKAI'S ALREADY!"



"Alright, Alright! You could have just asked, ya know."



.:(With Kena, about 5 Minutes earlier, in her Hotel room):.



Kena looked around, then sighed loudly. Koenma had told her to get ready to go to some Temple. He never stated the name though. 'Maybe...Maybe it'll be Master Genkai...' Kena thought, looking at the badge walls of the room.



When she had just barely started training, she was asked to be trained under the Great Physic, Master Genkai. She, being only about 5, of course accepted, not knowing what else to do, and she and her Sisters went there to train. It was like a mini boot camp for them, except she didn't go easy on them because they were young. She was probably more tough on them. When she was questioned about this, she never answered, always saying something like; "You shouldn't be wasting your strength to do something as useless as talking." But, one day, she had answered differently.



Kena had asked that day and she had told her that she was rougher on them. And not just because she liked torturing them, either. She said that she believed they could make great, great, Detectives one day. That they all had the potiental for it. All they needed was some training.



And Kena learned, that title was hard to carry out. Harder to earn. But, she didn't regret it too often.



Kena felt her lips curve into a small smile. "Genkai." she muttered gently. Master Genkai was her favorite Master. Kena had only had two, but Genkai was her favorite. She remembered when she was finished with Master Genkai's training, and how she would now move on to someone who could not teach her what Master Genkai taught, but what Master Genkai couldn't teach her. His name was Shonen. And he was a Dragon/Weather demon. He mostly helped Kena with speed was all. But he was good Master as well.



But, that was a different story. A significant part of this one, though. Unknown to Kena, he would play a major role in her life, and her friends' lives as well.



"Well, I guess I'm as ready as I can ever be." She muttered to herself, hearing the obvious uncertainty in her own voice. She had decided to wear her old school uniform, not even changing at all. But, she did tie up her hair in a high pony tail, it all being help together with a dark purple band.



Kena stretched once she had got outside and smiled, taking in a long breath of cool air. The wind was tossing her hair around as she walked, making her remember that night. The night with the Kitsune. And blush found it's way to her cheeks. She remembered how furious she was that night, and how aggravating he was.



'But he was cute.' Her mind chimed in. Kena blew that thought off quickly. 'The only cute thing about him were those ears. And that's all.' Kena paused. 'Okay, and maybe his tail. But that's defiantly it.' She thought as she kept walking forward, then turned into an ally, opening her watch yet again, as she had a little earlier that day.



"Okay, I'm ready. Now make the portal already, I'm just anxious to know what's going on." Kena said, sarcasm dripping in her voice. "By the way, I hate you for this."


~~~~

AnimeFox1940: Okay, that's all!!! Sorry I haven't updated, again! And again, thanks for all the reviews!! *Dabs eyes* I'm so happy.


BlackCat116: And selfish.


AnimeFox1940: Shut up about that already! I'm going! Also, sorry for my horrible rambling up there!! Again, thanks for all the support so far, it's well appreciated!!! Bye!!


BlackCat116: Ja ne!!