Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Life Chosen To Live By ❯ Leaving The Past Behind ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Loveanime18: Ok this is my first fanifc here on MM, but defintnely not the first I've written so yeah. This is a prequeal to my FanFic Destiny Brings Us Together which I'll put on MM later on, but you can read it now on FanFiction.net. Now this is Yoko's life. You know when he was the notorious bandit known through out all of Makai. Anyway this is what it was like with Kiyomi. I'm doing this so you readers can get better background information on Kiyomi plus get to know Kiyomi and Yoko's relationship from beginning to end. End meaning when Yoko “supposingly” died.
 
 
The Life Chosen To Live By
--Leaving The Past Behind--
-Chapter 1-
/YuYu Hakusho Yoko Love Story/

You were all alone in a cave. You looked out into the opening at the end to see the rain pouring down heavily. It's been a week since you left home. More exactly, since you abandoned it, ran away whatever term you like. It didn't matter you were gone and you were never going to return. You then put your arms wrapped around your legs and closed your eyes. You haven't forgotten though the day you left home you saw a kitsune and he was with a koumori. The kitsune had long silver hair and kitsune ears at the top of his hair and a silver tail and white loose fitting clothing. The kitsune was also really tall. You are only six feet and nine inches. It was safe to say he was around seven feet. His friend was about the same height he wore a torn up witch hat and a black torn up shirt and pants which was under what appeared to be a long skirt. He had pointed ears and he held a pendant in his hand tightly. The two of them saw you jumping out the window and you met the kitsune's gaze when you looked up.
“What exactly are you looking at Kitsune?” you asked.
“Does there have to be a reason for the direction I'm looking at?” he replied.
You turned to walk away, but then you turned back to face them.
“I'm gonna assume you're both thieves. If you wanna get in all you have to do is watch out for the laser traps and those flying arrows of death,” you smirked, “the guards aren't very smart so it'll be easy to avoid them.” You were about to continue on your way, but someone put their hands on your shoulder.
“Now why are you telling us this?” the kitsune asked.
“Why does it concern you?” you asked, coldly.
“You live there don't you?” he asked.
“Not anymore. I always hated it there. Now with the most recent happening I know I must leave,” you answered.
“Let's go Yoko. Before anyone else realizes we're here,” the koumori said.
“Alright, let's go Kuroune,” the kitsune replied, lifting his hand off your shoulder, “by the way. Domo for the tip.” The kitsune leaned into and he looked like he was going to kiss you and before you knew it you slapped him.
“Gomen nasai, but I'm afraid I don't know you that well for you to be that close,” you said, in a harsh tone. You saw the koumori hold back laughter to what you did to the kitsune.
“Well Sayonara,” the kitsune said, unfazed by your slap. He turned around to go back to the koumori and you went your separate ways...
`That was a week ago. Why am I still thinking about it!' you thought, in frustration ruffling your hair with your hands. Your ookami ears at the top of your head twitched. You heard something. It was coming your way and you didn't like the looks of it.
`Either, someone I know really misses me so they're coming really fast or whoever is coming wants to kill me,' you thought. You got up off the floor and brushed yourself off. You walked out of the cave and the rain poured onto you. You walked out into the opening and you see someone there. Not someone you recognized at all.
“What do you want?” you asked.
“I've come to take you home,” the unfamiliar youkai said. She appeared to be an inu youkai. She had pointy brown inu ears at the top of her head and a brown tail. She had light purple hair and wore loose fitting clothing. Looked like what a ningen would be wearing in their current time period. You were pretty confident it was the sixteen hundreds in Ningenkai. It's been a while since you been there. It's been almost a century since you were there though in human years it would be about sixteen years. You never were able to go back after birth. And there are times when you felt instead of your father taking you, you might have been better off back in Ningenkai rather then here in Makai.
“I don't plan on ever going back,” you yelled. You hated for what your father was going to do to you. What he was going to make you do. You didn't want to marry and especially not to someone you despise so much.
“Your father only wants best for you know come along,” the inu youkai said.
“I'm never going back and you can't make me either,” you yelled.
“Kiyomi-sama, gomen nasai for what I am about to do then. I do not wish bring you by force, but I will if necessary. Your father said to bring you back no matter what,” she said.
“First off I have no clue who the hell you are so what makes you think even if I wanted to go back. That I would go with you?” you asked, coldly.
“Don't be so temperamental and just come with me,” the inu youkai said, putting her hand out.
“You can go tell my father I never want to see him again and to go fuck off,” you said, full of venom.
“Now I gave you a fair warning. I'll be taking you by force,” she said. She went in to punch you, but you swiftly dodge it and punched her in the stomach sending her fling back.
“You can give that to my father,” you shouted, and the inu youkai ran away. You turned around to go back to the cave when you felt the presence of two youkai. They had the two jyaki were the exact ones of the two youkai you met the other day. You turned to face the trees to your right and take one step.
“I know you're there. So come on out now,” you demanded.
“Looks like we've been caught,” a figure said, coming out of the shadows. It was the kitsune and the koumori came out of the branches of the tree.
“What are you two baka doing here?” you asked.
“We were passing through and saw you so we thought we would say hi,” the kitsune said.
“Well Sayonara,” you said, turning around.
“Now why be so cold?” the kitsune asked, once again putting his hand on your shoulder like the last time you met.
“For one I have no clue of who the hell you two are!” you yelled, pushing his hand off.
“I'm Yoko and my accomplice over there is Kuroune. Now you know us what's the excuse now?” the kitsune, Yoko said.
“I mean actually know you. Who you are? Where you're from? Etc. Is it not one of the rules of being a thief? Not to trust someone until you know their past,” you pointed out.
“Well, well. Looks like somebody was doing their homework,” Yoko said, smugly, “now why would you know this?”
“Because I'm gonna become a thief! Do you have a problem with that!” you yelled.
“No not at all,” Kuroune answered, before Yoko would say something to upset you.
“You know, you haven't introduced yourself to us,” Yoko said.
“Why bother. You're probably never seeing me again,” you said, turning around once again to leave, but once again Yoko put his hand on your shoulder.
“Why not join my band of thieves?” Yoko asked.
“Now why the hell would I do that!” you asked.
“Because you could get more accomplished with my band then by yourself,” Yoko answered.
“Nani makes you so special?” you asked.
“Have you heard about the thief wanted lately? For all the thefts he got away with,” Kuroune questioned.
“Yeah nani of it?” you asked.
“That thief is the very same person who you slapped the other day,” Kuroune chuckled, at the thought of Yoko getting slapped by an onna.
“Really now, Then I really better not join now. He just let me hit him I wouldn't want to side with someone who would
just let it happen,” you said.
“I didn't hit you because I wouldn't want to ruin that delicate beautiful face you have there,” Yoko said.
“Well good for you. Now I better get going,” you tried to get away from Yoko's grip, but he wouldn't let go of you.
“Still think I'm weak?” Yoko asked, arching his eyebrow.
“I never said you were,” you replied, trying to break free.
“Why not come with us? You have no place to go,” Yoko asked.
“Hai I do. I'm staying at a nice little cave not to far from here. Very comfy and only room for one sumimasen,” you said, still trying to break free.
“How's this if you can break free of my grasp while we walk over to your cave you don't have to come with us, but if you don't you have to come with us and live there with the rest of my band,” Yoko said.
“Nani is in it for me?” you asked.
“If you can break out of my grasp we won't visit you either. You come to approach us if you want to see us,” Yoko answered.
“Fine I'm in, but don't actually expect me to visit,” you replied.
“Yoko, are you sure about this? I mean we never saw her in action of what she can do on a hunt,” Kuroune asked.
“But we saw her fight and that was good enough for me,” Yoko replied, turning his head to face you “why do you want to be a thief anyway?”
“I want to be respected. To be known, but most of all be the best fighter there is in Makai,” you replied.
“Why must you be the best?” Yoko asked.
“I'd rather not talk about it,” you replied.
“Does this have to do with you being a hanyou?” Yoko asked. You shot your head up. You didn't expect him to guess and guess right too. You nod your head slowly to show he got the right answer.
“And so to prove you're the best you want to own a territory and to become a ruler?” Kuroune asked. You nodded again.
“And so to own a territory requires a lot of money so you need to become a thief,” Yoko says, “well you're in luck.”
You looked at Yoko again and gave him a questioning look.
“Well that's why we are thieves. We want to become a king to own territory here in Makai so we became thieves,” Yoko answered, your questioning look.
“Did you just tell me that so if I do break free I might actually give it thought to stay with you guys?” you asked.
“Maybe,” Yoko said, with a sly smile, “is it working?”
You gave it some thought and said,” Nope not at all.”
“Oh that had to hurt Yoko,” Kuroune said, smirking.
You started walking and Yoko had his whole arm around your neck like if you two were actually going steady and it was driving you crazy having his arm around you. You never had a guy touch you like this before or if they attempted it you would punch them to get them away.
“Yoko, I'm feeling uncomfortable,” you said.
“I'm not removing my arm nice try,” Yoko smirked.
“I didn't mean to remove your arm baka. I just want you to get it off my neck. Besides I wouldn't want to win a bet like that. It's completely un-honorable,” you replied.
“Well my mistake. I didn't mean to insult you, but for me to remove my arm around my neck you have to agree to one thing,” Yoko smirked.
You sighed, in defeat and asked, “What is the condition Yoko?”
“Agree to be my woman,” Yoko whispered in your ear, but loud enough for Kuroune to hear. You face got red hot and you were extremely pissed off.
“Yoko, you- you're,” you stuttered.
“The love of my life? The only one for me?” Yoko said filling in the blanks, with a questioning tone sounding hopeful.
“You're such a damn PERV,” you quickly stepped on his foot really hard. Yoko refrained himself from saying anything and only smirked with his usual smug expression.
“Now that hurt. I was only joking. What I really want is your name,” Yoko stated.
“You're such a jerk, Yoko!” you yelled, obviously mad at the kitsune.
“Remember I'll just keep my arm around your neck and with the reputation I have. Rumors will fly and everyone will think we are going out,” Yoko said, with his smug expression. You hated that smug look of his. How he was always so confident. You just wanted to hit him so hard for it, but you were able to refrain yourself from doing so.
“It's Kiyomi,” you mumbled.
Yoko twitched his Kitsune ears, “What was that? I didn't quite hear it.”
“You damn well heard it!” you retorted.
“Remember my arm plus my reputation equals rumors of us going out,” Yoko said, smugly. Oh how much you just wanted to punch him and that smug expression of his. It absolutely drove you crazy.
“IT'S KIYOMI,” you yelled.
“Now that's much better,” Yoko said, in satisfaction.
“I hate you,” you mumbled.
“You don't mean that,” Yoko said, in a smug sarcastic voice taking his arm off around your neck and just held onto your arm.
“Oh I mean it,” you replied, and made your first attempt to get away, but to no avail. Yoko's grip just got tighter on your arm and you grunted crossing your arms. Yoko's hand just moved up your arm when you crossed it and it was a bit uncomfortable for you so you uncrossed them and sighed.
`There has to be a way for me to get out of his grip that I'm not thinking of. C'mon Kiyomi. Think,' you thought to yourself.
“I hope you're paying attention to the direction we are going since you are the only one who knows,” Kuroune said.
“Hai I am. Jeez I don't lead people pointlessly anywhere,” you retorted.
“Just making sure,” Kuroune replied.
“Kuro you should have more faith in our trusty faithful leader here,” Yoko joked.
“Unless you're asking for your funeral I suggest you to shut up,” you said, full of hate.
“Yoko I believe that was a threat,” Kuroune joked.
“Kiyo, you shouldn't go making threats to people who are obviously superior to you,” Yoko said.
“Shut the hell up you bastard,” you replied.
“Now, now I know you don't mean that,” Yoko said.
“From what I am aware of hai I am,” you replied. You once again try to break free, but you were unsuccessful just like last time.
“You'll never get out of Yoko's grip Kiyomi,” Kuroune said.
“I'll have to at least try. I don't want to go back with you two,” you replied.
“Do you really hate us that much?” Yoko asked.
“No-” you started.
“Then why leave? If you like us you should stay,” Yoko said.
“You never let me finish. I don't like you either. I have no opinions besides the fact you two are the biggest baka I ever met,” you replied.
“Before judging that we are the biggest baka you ever met. Why don't you spend some quality time with us. Maybe you and I can even have alone time. Just the two of us,” Yoko winked.
You scoffed and said, “Not if you were the last living breathing creature on this planet,” you replied.
Kuroune laughed and couldn't hold back any longer.
“How does it feel, Yoko? You've never got shot down before,” Kuroune continued to laugh.
“Kuro just shut up,” Yoko replied.
“Now I feel so special to be the first to turn you down. Never getting shot down must be the reason why you have an inflated ego,” you said.
“I don't like that tone of yours missy. Now we have to go back to my home and fix it up. We can start by covering-” Yoko started.
“Shut up Yoko. I'm not gonna do anything with you. Not now, not ever!” you exclaimed.
“Hai, hai. Yoko, the womanizer gets shot down numerous times today by the same feisty ookami youkai. So what do you think what everyone will think when we tell them when we get back home?” Kuroune asked.
“Kuro, you tell them and there won't be a night when you can sleep peacefully again,” Yoko said.
“Is that a threat?” Kuroune asked.
“No, it's a promise,” Yoko replied.
You chuckle at this amusing argument they are having and the two stare at you.
“You two are so amusing. Do you know that?” you chuckled.
“Well it looks like we got you to laugh,” Kuroune said.
You gave him a questioning look.
“It's just you never once laughed since you saw you,” Kuroune said.
“I wasn't laughing. I was chuckling,” You replied.
“Whatever you did something besides having a cold expression on your face,” Kuroune said.
“Well... uh... domo arigato,” you smiled.
“You know Kiyomi. You're a lot cuter when you smile,” Yoko said, “you should do it more often.”
“I prefer not to,” you said, quietly.
“Now why is that?” Yoko asked.
“It's just- It's just,” you were getting uncomfortable talking about this. You didn't want to talk about your life. Talking about it makes you depressed. This is possibly the saddest you ever been about this matter. You felt like you were really about to cry and to your surprise Yoko let go of you.
“You win Kiyomi,” Yoko said.
“Huh?” you said, in a questioning tone. Yoko could see your eyes were getting a bit watery. He looked at you with concern.
“I probably asked something I shouldn't have. So take some time by yourself. You'll feel better,” Yoko said. It really did sound like he was concerned about you. The rain from the storm poured down harder now.
“I'm fine. Don't worry about it,” you said, but tears ran down your face.
“You're crying,” Kuroune said.
“No, I'm not. It's just the rain,” you replied.
“Kiyomi, just go,” Yoko replied.
“Fine, I'll go,” you replied, and ran off. You really wished he would've asked you to stay. You needed someone's shoulder to cry on. You kept this pain to yourself too long.
`Yoko. Kuroune. Why? I need someone right now,' you thought, tears still rolling down your face.
“Yoko are you sure about this? Kuroune asked.
“Hai, Kuro. I'm sure. She just needs to be alone right now,” Yoko said, watching you run off.
To Be Continued...

Loveanime18: Yay the first chapter is finally done and I hope you enjoyed it. At first I doubted if I really wanted to end the chapter this way because I wanted to drag on this wager Yoko and Kiyomi made to the next chapter, but in the end I decided not to. Why? I have no idea actually. I just did. A lot like how I make other decisions I just do it. Giving it some thought first of course. Well look out for chapter two and as in my KuraOc story here are some side notes for the Japanese terminology used in this chapter:
Kitsune: Japanese for Fox
Koumori: Japanese for Bat (animal)
Domo: Japanese for Thanks
Gomen Nasai: Japanese for I am sorry
Sayonara: Japanese for Good Bye
Ookami: Japanese for Wolf
Youkai: Japanese for demon or apparition
Inu: Japanese for dog
Ningen: Japanese for Human
It's been almost a century since you were there though in human years it would be about sixteen years: Time runs differently in Ningenkai and Makai. A year in Makai is two months in Ningenkai
Ningenkai: In dubbed it's human world
Makai: In dubbed it's demon world
-sama: Japanese honorific. The closet English Equivalent would be Lord
Nani: Japanese for What. Like the English language it is a bit rude and used among close friends
Hanyou: Japanese for Half-breed.
Baka: Idiot, fool, stupid, etc
Hai: Japanese for Yes
Domo arigato: Japanese for Thank You
Loveanime18: Well that's that. The side notes are complete and please review and let me know how you liked this chapter. That's it for now Sayonara for now -waves-