Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The New Kid ❯ Escape To Safety ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
Escape To Safety I DON'T OWN YYH OR HP.
 
 
 
Previously: “Harry, Ron, Herminie, and…whoever you are we have to go now!”
“Mom, this is Kurama, and where are we going?” asked Ron.
“No time! Just grab your things and come! We aren't safe here!”
 
Now: The four teens scrambled to their feet and, grabbing their pets and luggage, raced out the door. They ran down the hallway as the ceiling started to collapse over them.
“Hurry, there are the stairs!” cried Mrs. Weasly. They were shocked to find the stairs had fallen in under the weight of a giant cement block from the ceiling.
“The balcony!” said Herminie in a breathless voice. They ran through the balcony door. Harry dropped the all of luggage off the balcony (except the pets).
“Come on!” yelled Harry starting to climb down the side of the balcony. He looked up to see the hesitant faces of his friends.
“A-alright,” stuttered Mrs. Weasly as she started down after Harry.
“Mum, you can't be serious!” yelled Ron, his face very green. “Why me? Why always me? Why couldn't it be jump into the swimming pool?” He closed his eyes and stepped down after his mother. Next Kurama started to climb down and Herminie after him. About half way down Herminie stopped. Kurama, who noticed, looked up. Her eyes were shut and her face was pale.
“Come on Herminie!” he called.
“Did I ever tell you that I was afraid of heights?” she asked, here eyes still nailed shut.
“No I don't recall you telling me that,” he replied. Knowing Herminie wouldn't move and would be crushed any moment he held up his hand and said,
“Herminie, take my hand.” She shook her head and said,
“No, I-I just can't.”
“Herminie please, trust me,” he pleaded. She slowly opened her eyes and grasped his hand. Together they slowly made their way down the buildings side. Once on firm ground, Herminie ran and hugged Mrs. Weasly.
“Oh, dear, you must have been so scared! I would have helped you if I only knew you couldn't stomach things like heights.” Herminie walked over to Kurama and said,
“Umm, Th-Thank you…”
“Don't mention it.” They all turned at a loud noise that resembled a gunshot and saw the culprit or culprits of destroying the Inn.
There stood two death-eaters. Herminie gasped.
“Stand very still,” whispered Mrs. Weasly. “Don't move.” The death-eaters, not noticing the five people in the shadows glided around them and headed off in the other direction. As soon as they were gone, Harry let out a huge sigh of relief having noticed he was holding it that whole time.
 
5 Hours Later
 
Kurama laid face up and the small bed in room 49. Because the Inn they were staying in was destroyed they had to go to a different Inn miles away and an even longer distance away from the train station so they had to get up a 5:30 am tomorrow morning to get there and not miss the train, of course with the luck they had been having one of them was bound to forget something half way there and they would all have to go back and get it and miss their train. He glanced at the digital clock across the room by Ron's bed. Its faded numbers read 1:30 am. This Inn was even smaller than the last because all four teens had to sleep in the same room. There was an identical bed in each corner with a hard wooden frame and a blue sheet on top. Kurama sighed and rolled over on his other side.
I suppose I should do some researching on the land around Hogwarts since I'm awake. Koenma well warned me that demons could be after Harry. And I still haven't met Dumboldore but he said he'd talk to me later tonight. The question is when…Kurama thought. A while passed…2:26am…it was then that all the lights on the street went out. Kurama hurried to the window and saw a man standing in the shadow outside. Even with his incredibly good vision Kurama could not make out who it was, but he knew it was just a passer by, Dumboldore, or a demon planning his attack. Or perhaps this, Voldermort he had been warned of. Not liking the thought of letting a demon come in and kill Harry as well as make him fail the mission, Kurama opened the window and crawled onto the roof.
It was very dark outside since all the streetlights were out. The air was warm and humid and little insects were flying about. Huge black clouds caked the sky in darkness and blocked the shine of the silver moonlight, leaving only a faint outline of the full moon. Kurama slid down the side of the Inn and neared the stranger.
“Hello?” he called.
“Hello, Are you the Spirit Agent Koenma sent for?” asked the man stepping out of the shadows. Kurama could now see him better. He had a long gray beard and half moon glasses over medium blue eyes that spoke of wisdom.
“Yes, my name is Kurama, and you are Professor Dumboldore I presume?” Kurama asked.
“Yes,” said Dumboldore quietly studying the boy in front of him. The boy was about a half a foot shorter than himself. He had long red hair and emerald green eyes that seemed to be able to see your soul.
“Well, I am the headmaster at Hogwarts and am the one who asked for the detective most fitting…”
“For what?” asked Kurama.
“I needed somebody who had the strength to protect Harry, the wisdom to keep up in the classes I put them in, as well as being able to do codes and puzzles if necessary, and to be friendly enough to make a good and unsuspecting cover especially to Harry himself,” replied Dumboldore.
“Than I think you got the right man,” said Kurama.
“Well good, I've asked the hat to put you in Griffindor. You will be in all the same classes as Harry and you will pose as a 6th year of course. I trust you have read 1st through 5th of Hogwarts school book as learned them?” asked Dumboldore.
“Yes,” said Kurama.
“Then you should take these.” Said Dumboldore, handing Kurama a necklace. I had a black chain and a pendant of a silver fox with nine tails on it. “This is the “Ivisace”, it can turn you invisible incase you have to go running after Harry and his friends in the middle of the night which you probably will, and it also makes you immune it werewolf bites while wearing it. Next,” he said pulling out an old looking book; it had dark green velvety covers and cursive golden letters across the top that said; “Ever finding”. Kurama opened the book and turned a few of its thin, fragile pages finding they were all blank. “This book,” Dumboldore continued, “Is one of the five “Ever finding” books that still exist. Years ago a group of bandits entered a wizard town, the only place where these books existed and burned as many as they could find. However five of these books were recovered after the bandits left.” Kurama shuttered remembering it was his bandit tribe that destroyed that town.
“What does it do?” he asked, not quite remembering what they hated the books for.
“It is quite simple to operate. You simply write down the name of the person or thing you are looking for and a picture of where it is will show up on the page and then disappear within 90 seconds,” replied Dumboldore.
Ohh, yeah, I wanted to destroy them `cause I found out the government was using them to spy on us… thought Kurama.
“And before I forget…your wand.” Said Dumboldore, handing Kurama a long slender black box. Kurama opened it and pulled out a long black wand that had a silver-ish tint to it.
“This is 13inch redwood. Braided with the hair of a silver Youko, It hasn't had an owner for nearly 500 years, but Koenma suggested it,” said Dumboldore. “Go ahead, give it a try.” Kurama flicked his wrist, then beautiful silver and crimson sparks emerged from the wands tip and surrounded them in a whirlwind of colors. Once the colors died down Dumboldore cleared his throat and said,
“Well, I suppose that's enough excitement for one night, you best get your sleep. It would be in your best interest not to speak of this matter. We will most likely see each other again at Hogwarts tomorrow. Goodbye,” said Dumboldore Then the lights of the street flickered back on and he disappeared. Then Mrs. Weasly came out from inside.
“Kurama, dear, what are you doing out here at this late hour? Go back to bed. There is only an hour before we all have to get up and leave, and I want you to sleep every minute of it,” she said. She led him inside to his room, he, once again, laid face up on his bed wondering of the future and what tomorrow would bring…
 
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: I would like to dedicate this story to kahuffstix, I am very grateful for her encouragement on all of my stories. Thanks!