Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The New Kid ❯ First Clue ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
First Clue
 
 
Kurama studied the room. There were blinds covering the windows so almost no light could shine through. The floor and desks were damp. Kurama came in last and chose a seat off to the side of the class so he could think about the case from Koenma without as many distractions. Then a man wearing a long black robe and matching gloves walked in the room. His greasy black hair was in large clumps as he sat at the large brown desk at the rooms' front. His pale face looked very stern. He searched the room with his beady black eyes. He reminded Kurama of the Ogre that him and the Spirit Detective fought a week earlier. The whole class sat up straighter in fear. He opened his thin lips and spoke,
“Hello class, I'm Mr. Ingilbirth” His voice resembled a chipmunk or a
person when they suck helium from a balloon. It was incredibly high pitched. The class breathed a sigh of relief.
“You teacher, Professor Limetre will not be in today. So I will substitute this lesson, and know, the punishment will be severe if you raise you hand and don't know the answer to something,” he said. “Now,” he continued. “Who can tell my what words are to be said when casting the spell to shoot toxic lightning out of your want? Kurama, Herminie, and a young girl in the corner of the room raised their hands. She had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He pointed to her.
“Yes, you Ms—” he stopped when he realized he didn't know her name.
“S-Sara, sir, Sara Leclbith.” she said.
“Yes, Ms. Leclbith, do you know the answer?” he asked.
“Y-yes, you say, `C-ca-ca-can -cani-canix L-li-co-core…” she stuttered.
“Well, do you know it or not?!” he demanded impatiently.
“Y-yes I just…”
“Then hurry up!” he screamed. Tears came in her eyes as she tried desperately to pronounce the words.
“C-canix L-licore-core-corei-…”
“That's it!” raged Mr. Ingilbirth. He flung open the closet and yelled,
“Get in there until you can say the spell perfectly!” she reluctantly walked into the closet with tears flowing down her cheeks.
“Now,' he said more calmly after shutting the door. “Ms. Granger, can you tell me what the spell is?”
“Canix Licoreit,” Herminie said quietly.
“Yes,” he sighed. The bell rung unexpectedly and it made everybody jump. The teens leapt from their seats and hurried to the door.
“Mr. Kurama, would you let Ms. Leclbith out of the closet?” Kurama didn't reply as he walked over and opened the closet door.
“Class is over, you can come out now,” he whispered gently to the trembling girl. She stepped out and bolted to and out the door of the classroom, while a few other teens whispered `Stuttering Sara' to her when she walked by. He shrugged it off and left himself. All the other classes passed quickly and they were all soon in the Common Room. Harry walked in to the sight of Herminie reading, Ron and Kurama playing Wizards-
Chess, and all three of them turning to give him a warm welcome. After it got dark, and everybody was in bed Ron and Harry got the Invisibility Cloak ready. For they were going to ask Hagrid about Kurama and the demon stuff as they had promised Herminie the night before. She slipped under the cloak with them and they left the school, and out into the Forbidden Forest. As soon as they left Kurama's eyes snapped open. He had sensed that they had left. He bolted to the window. He couldn't see them or pick up any aura so he scribbled down their names in the `Ever Finding' book. A picture of the Forbidden Forest appeared. He shut the book and grabbed the `Ivisace' and put it around his neck. Then he ran from the room. He turned invisible as soon as he hit the pavement outside the school. The summer air was humid and buggy.
Kurama stared up at the moon. It was full and shining silver brilliantly. He walked into the Forbidden Forest. It was quiet, so quiet you could hear the sound that the water droplets made when they fell of the leaves on the trees to the ground. He turned visible again, and walked into an even darker part of the forest, but stopped immediately when he heard a small twig crack under the weight of something; something hidden in the forest mist.
Once Herminie, Harry, and Ron had reached Hagrids they knocked politely and waited. Hagrid came out holding his crossbow in front of him. Harry took the cloak off them and gave a big grin toward the half giant.
“Oh, come in,” he said. The three teens walked into the little cabin. There was a teakettle on the stove and the fireplace was burning brightly.
“What can I do for you?” asked Hagrid with a friendly smile.
“Well, Hagrid, we needed to know something about a…demon,” said Herminie uncertainly.
“A demon?” asked Hagrid quietly, his eyes narrowing. “Now when did you hear about that?”
“Herminie thought she heard a teacher calling a student a filthy demon or something,” explained Harry. “But they aren't real, are they?”
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Yeah, I'm sorry this one was so short. And just to let you know, `Stuttering Sara' will in a few times in this story but she will NOT replace Kurama. She won't have a very big part either. Hope you liked this chapter please review. And if you have already or are going to review, I may be able to squeeze you in on a chapter. If you don't want to be in a chapter but you have reviewed please e-mail me and say so.
 
GIRLS: will most likely be either one of these really mean and slutty Chic's that come in once and a while or one of Sara's few friends that rarely come in. But if I put you as one of the mean girls please don't be offended.
 
BOYS: won't come in as much but they will come in. I don't know what characters they will be.
 
Please review to say if you do want to be in a chapter along with what you thought of the chapter. You can also say if you want a certain part (although I can't promise it.) Oh, yeah, on your review please say if you do or don't want to be in. Thanks!