Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and the Heart ❯ Grief ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"How could he do this to me?" I thought as I ran through the woods not knowing where I was going.

I kept running as tears fell from my eyes.

"I trusted him; I thought I was actually in love with him."

I tripped and feel to the ground. I laid there motionless still crying.

"But now I see that I was a fool to ever let my emotions free," I thought crying.

I sat up on the ground as tears softly feel from my cheek. It started to rain again and I still didn't move. Thunder echoed through the area as animals raced for shelter. Lightning flew through the sky but I was not fazed by it. Images of Hiei and I in the cave flashed through my head. I wanted them to stop because thinking about Hiei made everything worst. Another flash of lightning flew across the sky as I felt several different energies from behind me.

"Well what do we have here?" a demon with an Australian accent.

I didn't do anything just sat there.

"What's a human like you doing in a place like this?" another one asked only with an Irish accent.

He touched my shoulder.

"Don't touch me," I whispered.

Just then someone stood in front of me. The color of his pants was blue and the bottom of his shirt was magenta. At his waist was a bag.

"Hey you guys I don't think she is feeling too good right now," the demon stated in a child's voice.

The hand left me shoulder.

"Listen I'm not in the mood to fight so just go away," I stated.

"Who said anything about fighting?" a different demon asked.

"We saw you and thought you might need some help," another one stated.

My eyes were closed as I stood up.

"I don't need any help," I stated and began to walk away.

I felt another hand touch my shoulder. Out of anger my eyes shot open. I turned to yell at the person only to see icy, blue eyes stare down at me. My anger vanished as I stared. He seemed to be taller then Hiei slightly but I didn't mind. He wore odd cloth representing a ninja of some type and he looked human. Some how he reminded me of Hiei with his eyes, they weren't red but they were soft and comforting. I became easy and less tense.

"If you don't need help then why are you wondering these parts aimlessly?" he asked.

I looked away. I didn't know what to say. Should I tell him I know where I'm going because I've been here or to say I was just wondering around and came across this place? Well because I was in my human form there was only one thing to say.

"I was just walking and can across this place and decided to look around," I stated calmly.

He took his hand off of my shoulder.

"You shouldn't be here," he stated.

"Why shouldn't I? You're here," I stated and looked at the others surrounding me.

"And so are they," I added.

When I looked at the others they seemed human. The one who stood in front of me before looked like a child, there was also a man with blonde hair who wore normal clothing, a man with a blue Mohawk and wore black pants and a white t-shirt, and then there was another one with red hair who was wearing white pants and something for a top and also had what appeared to be a small horn on his head. I stared at the one with red hair the longest trying to figure out what that thing on his head was. I think he noticed though because he quickly asked.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

I pointed to the horn.

"What is that?" I asked.

I then saw his ears and noticed that they were pointed and wiggling.

"And what's up with your ears?" I asked.

The demon with red hair looked at his ears and noticed they were wiggling. Everyone else looked at them also.

"Well, you see um… Funny thing," the red head was able to stammer.

"What he means is that um…," stated the blonde headed one who was now scratching his head.

They others didn't do anything they just watched the other two trying to make something up. Just then the one with blue hair spoke.

"Why not just tell the sheila we're demons all ready!" he shouted at them.

The red head and the one wit blonde hair looked back at the blue haired one. That's when the little boy with stars across his face spoke up.

"Chu humans aren't suppose to know about demons!" the shouted at the blue hair one.

I looked at them arguing and laughed. They all stared at my as I laughed but didn't care. Just then I felt hands grab and hold the top of the cloak I was wearing threateningly but I was still laughing at the fact that they were demons.

"And what's so funny sheila? As demons don't know that we can kill ya in a heart beat?" the one called Chu yelled at me.

"I'm sorry," I stated trying to calm down and stop laughing, "I just thought you were humans at first because of the way you look. I thought I was going to die at first."

I continued to laugh and they just stared at me oddly. He let go of me and I then fell to the ground laughing hysterically. The red hair whispered something to Chu and of course I heard.

"I…I heard that," I said as I slowly stopped laughing.

"Heard what?" the red hair asked.

"You said that I was crazy basically," I stated standing up and whipping my eyes from the laugher.

The red head and Chu stared at me.

"How do you know he said that sheila?" Chu asked.

"The name is Aiko so lay off the `sheila' stuff and I can hear well because I'm part demon," I stated happily.

"You demon don't make me laugh," the blonde headed one stated.

Then the one with the icy blue eyes and spiky hair spoke.

"Suzuka, maybe she is part demon," he stated.

"IT'S THE BEAUTIFUL SUZUKA!!!!! YOU MUST SAY `THE BEAUTIFUL' IN FRONT OF MY NAME!!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN OVER THIS TOUYA?!" the one called The Beautiful Suzuka shouted.

The one called Touya didn't do anything but look at me.

"Show us your power," he stated.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my demonic powers. I was about to transform when I heard Yusuke.

"Hey Aiko where are you?!" I heard him shout.

I lost my concentration and narrowed my eyes from where I heard the call. They all looked at me.

"Hey isn't your name Aiko?" the boy asked.

I nodded.

"Then why is Yusuke after you?" he asked.

I looked at him.

"You know Yusuke?" I asked.

"Long story," he stated.

"Listen please just tell them you didn't see me," I stated.

"Why?" asked the red headed one.

"Just please don't," I stated and ran off.

I then felt someone pull my arm. I looked back and saw the one called Touya holding it.

"You said you don't know where you are going so I'll help you," he stated.

I nodded and we both ran off together.