Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Price of Friendship ❯ Multiple POVs ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank You! KyoHana, Red Kitsune Flames, kahuffstix, and Lord Christophe
 
Author's Notes: Well, we've almost reached the end. After this there's one more chapter and then Kurama's explanation in his own words. Sorry this one took so long. I'd just been procrastinating to the extreme about typing this up. It's been written for awhile now… But, it is the longest chapter in this entire story!
 
So yea, this is going to be one odd chapter but I had fun writing it! Unfortunately for you people wanting to know what happened, it's not blatantly revealed yet. Though I would love to see who figures it out. Whoever does gets cyber cookies!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------< /div>
 
Chapter 9- Multiple POVs
 
~Botan~
It was simply amazing! Troublesome and detestable, but amazing anyway! Nothing like this has happened since the Meikai was first created. But…it's also times like these that make me resent my job as Ferrygirl to the River Styx. (My voice saddens, noticeable even to me.)
 
All of the commotion! When he appeared so suddenly into the Makai Soul Room, as we ferries call it, time seemed to freeze. Or so I was told. The few other occupants openly stared, and passing ogres dropped whatever they were holding at the time, and he…he just sat there. No one could see his face but recognized his other physical features easily. This isn't as odd as it sounds for this room.
 
The Makai Soul Room is where demonic, and on the rare occasion netherworldian, souls appear once their bodies have died. It would be too risky for soul ferries to go to these places and pick them up, usually. Entering with a lowered head is normally a sign of embarrassment among these proud demons. But for him, I am a bit…surprised…
 
My voice changes from informant to reminiscent.
 
Oh, if only none of this had happened. Loving Keiko…sweet Yukina…tough Shizuru…Why?! Why did Kurama do it?! How COULD he do it?! *Sniffle* I've cried all that I can. I refuse to cry anymore. My hard eyes soften just thinking about them. {I refuse…}
 
I am half-leading Koenma to the Room where he is waiting. My Lord doesn't know which one he is. I know who he's hoping for, but I don't know how he's going to react when he sees who is there.
 
{I refuse…}
 
The door opens to the Room; the demon occupants stare; we keep our eyes on him; he raises his head to us.
 
“It's…”
 
I turn at Lord Koenma's whispered gasp. His eyes were wide, mouth slightly agape in his transfixion.
 
I turn back to him, the…
 
{I refuse…}
 
 
~Jorge~
(I relay this in my sophisticated voice.)
 
I was entering Lord Koenma's office with papers for him to stamp when I was barreled down by both Lord Koenma and Botan. He shouted back, “Put those papers somewhere, Ogre!” and continued at his fast, almost running pace.
 
I stood quickly and looked after him. “What is it, Lord Koenma? What's going on?”
 
“Just do it, Jorge!” I knew it had to be important if he used my name. He never does.
 
I'm a bit angry that I didn't know then. Darn ogres leaving me out. I look away mumbling about their obvious jealousy of my position of authority.
 
I collected the papers and threw them on Lord Koenma's desk before rushing after them. Not knowing where they went, though, I got…Uh, well…I got lost, okay! I didn't know where they were going until I ran past the room and actually saw them. And you won't believe who else I saw! It was…
 
 
~Hiei~
I'm seated on the floor in this worthless excuse for a cell as I wait. Koenma keeps a constant guard watch on me, though he knows it wouldn't help. The idiot of a guard is merely a precautionary measure for his Dear Daddy's peace of mind. Luckily for him, I'm not inclined, at the moment, to leave this place. As I said before, I am in wait. The prince, unfortunately, didn't quite believe me and placed wards along the outside of my retched cage so that now I cannot even touch the bars. My low growl during this process warned his workers to fear for their lives but didn't prove convincing enough while I was in the state I was in.
 
I was sitting here since then, lying, waiting, when I first felt his presence. Truthfully, it was unexpected. I hadn't thought the Detective would be stupid enough to chase after the fox after all he's done. Yet again, his sheer idiocy and stubbornness proved me wrong.
 
Still, I wouldn't have expected this speedy end; because it is the end, no matter what he or anyone else would like to believe. It's the end of the road for the one in that room where they are doubtlessly holding him. I even find myself wandering what he's going to say or do now that it is over. I don't see him allowing it to be a quiet one. Hn, kicking and screaming is more like it. Though he doesn't fear death, he does rather like staying alive.
 
Ah, and now the footsteps. I guess the pubescent prince believes it his duty to let me know who has arrived. But as the steps get closer, I hear how two pairs. Could Koenma actually be walking with him? Idiots probably need my help. Ch.
 
They both descend the stairs. He walks towards me, Koenma remaining at the edge of the stairs. He raises his head to look me in the eyes as he approaches. It's just as I thought…
 
 
~Kuwabara~
Koenma told me it was over. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. I mean, both Yusuke and Kurama were my teammates like Shorty, even though Kurama killed me and all. But it's not that bad! I get to live in a pretty field of green grass with all the cute kitties I could ever want. I can't be mad at Kurama for allowing me this. Besides, I'm sure he regrets it by now.
 
But now, Koenma says it's over, meaning one or both of them is dead since the shrimp already was. Koenma said he'd bring him down here if I wanted because nothing else could be done. I said yeah, so they should be on their way.
 
And here they are now…
 
I hope everything works out okay. Maybe I can enjoy my paradise after my last talk with him…
 

~Ferrygirl Lounge~
Ferrrygirl Lounge, a meeting place of all the ferry girls to chat about their work in a kind, respectable way and tone with no worries about word spread…okay, so it's where they gossiped! And was now full of what seemed to be every ferry in the castle trying to speak on the same topic at the same time.
 
“Did you hear?” one ferry chattered excitedly. “The blood battle with Koenma's team ended!”
 
“Yea, I heard!” another screeched.
 
“I passed by the room and saw him myself,” another bragged.
 
“Me too! He looked disastrous!” yet another.
 
“Yeah!”
 
“I know!”
 
“I couldn't believe it was him!”
 
“Me neither!”
 
A nod as it went on with the over a hundred ferries of the Spirit World; all of which were now gathered in this room.
 
“Who was it?” one shy one asked. The chatter continued loudly, covering her small voice.
 
“Who?” she tried again. And again she wasn't heard. Until, “WHO?” she shouted. Heads turned in a moment of stunned silence.
 
“You mean you don't know?” The ferry who started the conversation asked. The girl shook her head no.
 
“Oh, cut `er some slack Nyrie, she's new,” another admonished with a bit of an accent.
 
“Yea!” another shouted, seemingly just for the fun of it.
 
“Okay,” the one called Nyrie agreed before turning back to the girl. “He came back from the fight…” she began.
 
“Dead!” another added as her excitement couldn't be contained. Just one couldn't be allowed to tell the story anyway.
 
“And ragged-looking,” neither could two.
 
“It's over!” nor three.
 
“He's dead…!”
 
“The great…!”
 
The shy ferrygirl gasped, eyes widening as she covered her mouth with a small hand. She couldn't believe he was dead.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
 
So there it is in all of its odd glory. Like it? Not? Tell me in a review. And feel free to guess about who is dead.