Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Price of Friendship ❯ Hiei's and Youko's ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank You! kahuffstix, Red Kitsune Flames, darksoul0016, and KyoHana
 
Unfortunately for many of my readers, this chapter will not reveal the motive. In fact, I don't think that's going to be revealed until the ending chapters, if then. This chapter is more focused on Hiei's reaction to Youko's current plan. Enjoy! Oh, and please read and comment on my notes at the bottom along with your review!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------
 
Chapter 6: Hiei's and Youko's
 
 
~~Hiei's POV~~
 
I smelled him before I saw him. I smelled the blood surrounding him, coating him. I smelled her blood, my sister's blood, all over him. It was on him, drowning out his scent with hers.
 
That bastard! He killed her!
 
I leap from the tree I'm in and land in front of him, sword at his throat. He's in his canine form, but that doesn't matter; it just makes it easier for me to slit his treacherous throat.
 
He stares at me with surprised golden eyes, almost as if he expected a more welcoming return. As I watch, he switches forms. Before me now stands the ruthless killer, amazing thief, and my now ex-lover Youko Kurama. I see genuine surprise in his eyes as he gazes at me with a raised brow.
 
“You killed her,” I ground out. I give him my deadliest death glare, one that would send most demons to an early grave by simply looking at me, and dare him to object.
 
“Yes, I did. And the problem with that is…?” he states calmly. As if there was nothing at all wrong with killing my last remnant of a family!
 
“She was my sister, you pitiful excuse for a fox!”
 
He crosses his arms over his chest and narrows his eyes at me. “That was the plan, Pyro.” He speaks the name coldly, devoid of the love that once accompanied it. “I told you I would go back and kill everyone. You even agreed to help me. Yukina was included in that `everyone'.”
 
“She was my twin.” I am past pissed off now, but for some reason, my brain is refusing to accept what is laid out before me. My head…no, my heart, wants this to be a simple dream. There's no way my fox killed my sister. There's no way…
 
Or at least that's what my heart is saying.
 
“Inari, Hiei!” He throws up his hands in an exasperated gesture. “I killed my own mother! Did you think I would care if I killed your sister, too?”
 
I gaze at him then, taking in his incredulous expression, his stance, and his stray thoughts. Kami-sama, Mukuro was right. He has lost it.
 
Everything suddenly jolts into place as I realize this. Both my head and my heart finally accept the truth of this situation. This kitsune that I had claimed as my own is nothing more than a crazy, bloodthirsty killer with no remorse for his actions.
 
“I finished the others as well: Shizuru, Atsuko, Keiko.” He interrupted my thoughts with a wild smile as if their deaths gave him an adrenaline rush. I sort through the scents coating him and realize it to be true. I was so taken by Yukina's blood that I didn't even notice the humans'. “They all screamed beautifully, too. Shizuru even put up a fight. I suppose she was trying to avenge her brother.” His tone had become thoughtful, reminiscent. “Too bad she wasn't strong enough to cause any real damage.”
 
My grip on my sword tightened as he smiled again at the memories. “Yukina was the best. She never…” I swiped at his neck.
 
He stepped back quickly so all I cut was a few strands of hair. He grinned recklessly. “I though you'd be happy, Hiei. She was your only weakness. Now we are both free of our bondages. And neither learned our secret.” I attacked again. He side-stepped it.
 
I attacked again and again; quickly, ferociously. He continued to dodge my assault without even retaliating. “Don't be foolish, Hiei. We're in my element. You scratch me, you die.” I knew he was telling the truth - I was being foolish. I was attacking the most powerful Youko in his element with nothing but blind rage. It was stupid, I know, but dammit, I didn't care! He betrayed me, he killed my sister, and he spat on our relationship all in one night. He would pay. He would pay dearly.
 
I drew blood.
 
I stopped, then, and smirked as he examined the cut across his arm. He raised his eyes to mine. They were cold with fury yet burning with passion. He was ready to fight. And this would be a battle to the death.
 
 
~~Youko's POV~~
 
 
It was useless. Why did he insist on fighting me? Now what am I going to do? Return to being a lone traveler? A lone thief?
 
Dammit! Why couldn't he see? I was doing it for him, for us! I loved him. I really did. But now, I can't.
 
That's my second partner, my second lover, gone. And again, it's all my fault. He looks so peaceful now, even more so than when he's asleep. It's like he's trapped in the perfect calm. I lie down beside him. I think I'll stay here for the night, spend this final night with my love, holding him close…
 
They all think I'm crazy now. They really will after they receive tonight's souls, no doubt. But I'm not crazy! It's not crazy to want to spend the rest of your days with your lover; to want to get past any possible distractions; to get rid of anyone who would claim some of your love! Is it?
 
I curl closer to Hiei as his warmth fades, as his soul travels to Spirit World. I'm not crazy. I'm not.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Intrigued yet? I surely hope so!
 
Well, the reason I want you all to read this part is so I can take a small poll. I'm fairly sure this story will span about 10 or 11 chapters based on how it's going now. But I wanted to know if you would rather I include Kurama's motive to this story, causing the length of this story to increase, or if I do a bit of a sequel explaining it in his own words. I'd rather the latter, but I'm leaving it up to you guys. So tell me, which one you would rather. Thanx much!

Don't forget to review!