Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Rose Bushes ❯ Roommates ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Renard: Hey, this was technically my first fic…but eh…whatever.

 

Yusuke: *claps slowly* Good for you

 

Renard: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HE'S STILL DOING IT!

 

Yusuke: *walks off*

Renard: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…ONWARD READ!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

The rose bushes were in bloom. From her window she could see the final ruby blossoms and their beige thorns. The emerald leaves were sparse and dull in the drifting sun. Ever sense her parents died, she had kept the bushes thriving.

 

"I never realized just how boring roses were." She murmured, placing her tea mug in the stainless steel sink. She looked back out the window, leaning into the red marble counter.

 

She grew bored, and moved towards the living room. For just a split second, she could have sworn she saw a set of burning red eyes peering into her back door.

 

"I must be losing my mind." She said, pressing her nose to the glass door. "'Cause ever time I see those eye's they're gone a moment later." She mused, looking back over the past week. The eyes had trailed her at night, down the street, they were always there.

 

She shook her head. "Too much caffeine." She assured herself, plopping down on her blue couch.

 

The TV blinked on. There was a brilliant flash of red that lingered on the screen long enough to scare her out of her seat. It was just a movie preview. She settled back into the hair covered couch, mentally cursing paranoia.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Don't you think we should tell her why some creepy guy is freakin' stalking her?" A girl asked, twirling her dark blue hair up into a French twist.

 

"He's not creepy!" A second girl shot back, never removing her eyes from the computer screen.

 

"Of course he isn't…he's just a short little Whats-it, dressed all in black, with a really big sword attached to his belt, and three eyes. There's nothing creepy about that at all!" The first girl responded sarcastically. The second girl simply glared at the computer screen.

 

"Ugh, why couldn't we send Kurama instead?" The second girl asked, throwing the mouse and rising from her computer chair.

 

"Louve, we've been through this five times today. Kurama isn't as fast…or short as Hiei, so he couldn't spy as easily. Plus, Kurama's hair is to red, you might as well put a neon sign on his head that says `Stalker!'"

 

"They aren't stalking." Louve muttered.

 

"Be that as it may, we still have the problem of pretty much stealer her class schedule." The blue haired girl said, looking over a list of electives.

 

"I have a better idea." Louve murmured dimly, leaning closer into the news paper.

 

"What is it?"

"Come look." Louve demanded, pointing to a small grey box on the paper Mache colored grey paper.

 

"Hun, I can't read crap remember? The unfortunate accident broke my glasses?"

 

"Whatever. Basically she's looking for a roommate."

"Ok."

"Mégère, do you eve know who I'm talking about?"

 

"Not really…no." Mégère said, tucking a strand of blue hair behind her ear.

 

"Never mind, just give me the phone. Mégère complied, and plopped back down on the couch.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

She paced nervously. Her soon-to-be roommates would be arriving any moment. The fire cracked monotonously in the brick fire place. The orange flames, reflected on the green marble tile, twirled around themselves.

 

Just as she had lost herself in the red embers, a small brown thing whizzed between her legs and stopped at the window frame.

 

"Mya, shut up." She muttered at the barking dog, butting past her to the door. The dark wood door opened, revealing the girl's first look at her new roomies.

 

"Hey, your Amanda right?" A girl with blue hair asked, stepping forward. She was tall, medium build, with almost clear pale blue eyes. She wore wide legged white pants and a v-neck red shirt. Around her neck was a silver locket with some delicate engraving.

 

"Yeah, you called about the ouse right?" Amanda asked, sweeping her brown mane over her shoulder. The two girls nodded.

 

"I'm Mégère Roux." The girl said, holding out her hand which Amanda shook.

 

"I'm Louve Noir." Her companion said, also shaking Amanda's hand. Louve was smaller then Mégère, with black hair streaked in red. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail, the tip of which reached just below her shoulders. She wore a simple pair of jeans with rips in the knees, and a blue hoddie that was deprived of words or logo's. From her ears hung paper clips, three or four dangling off each other. Around her neck dangled a simple gold chain.

 

Five minutes later, Mégère and Louve had put their small suit cases in their rooms and were now sitting on the slightly discolored couch.

 

Amanda had gone to answer the phone, leaving Mégère and Louve along in the quiet living room.

 

"Hiei's out there." Mégère's quiet voice slipped through the silence.

 

"Yeah, so?"

"Think he knows we're here?" She asked, shifting in her seat.

 

"No." Louve responded sarcastically.

 

"Hey, I was just asking."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

Renard: Ya…ok. If any one was wondering, Mégère Roux is French for "Red Vixen" and Louve Noir is French for "Black Wolf" …roughly. Real original eh? Well, you'll find out sorta why later.

 

Kurama: Please review.

 

Renard: `RAMA! *huggles*

 

Kurama: Hello, Renard.