Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Sisters of Seasons ❯ The Fight of Seasons ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Fight of Seasons
Guess what. I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho! I just own the sisters!


"Matte! Haru!" Natsu ran to her sister. Both were in fighting attire. "I can't let you go alone. Aki will be there, and you can't win two-on-one."
"So, you're coming with me? As you wish." Haru answered. She turned back down the hall full of women rushing back an forth, doing various tasks. "Listen!" They all stopped to do so. "No one leaves! See to it that they are protected! We can't afford mistakes!"
"Hai, Mistress Haru!" they all shouted. The two sisters continued on their way.
"This isn't just for your friend." Natsu began. "We are fighting for the territories."
"Hai. We won't lose."

~~~~~~~~

"Push harder!"
"I already told you, it won't budge!" Kuwabara and Yusuke rammed the door again in an attemp to break it down. Kuwabara had a terrible feeling about the sisters' fight.
"1! 2! 3!" They charged it again. Hiei was with them this time.
"Why the hell won't it move!" Yusuke cursed under his breath. "If they screw up, Koenma will blame it on us!"
"Shut up and do it again!" Hiei yelled.
"1! 2! 3!" No change. The door still wouldn't move.
"We've got to find a way out!"

~~~~~~~~

Natsu was thrown to the side when Fuyu caught her off guard with an arrow. She wasn't dead. She ended up much like Hiei. Her shoulder was pierced, and she was pinned. I was left to face both of them.
"Are you sure you don't want to give up? It's not too late." Aki offered.
"Sorry," I smirked. "I don't give up that easily." I had tried everything else. Nothing worked. Fuyu shot constantly, while Aki had a defensive shield up. Their attacks were perfectly coordinated. Okay, I've tried everything else. It's time to be stupid. (A/N: Did Yusuke say that? My friend said he did. Oh well!) I took stance.
"Oh, you're trying to take both of us out, aren't you?" A blue light filled the clearing we were fighting in. They followed in suit, each being surrounded by their color. We all took a leap into the air. Close combat followed.

~~~~~~~~

Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Hiei reached the clearing after finally breaking down the door and getting out of the tower.
"Look up!" Yusuke yelled. The three were locked in hand-to-hand combat.
"I can't even follow it...." Kuwabara's mouth dropped open.
"Hiei, can you see who's winning? Hiei?"
There was no response. Hiei had his eyes-all three of them-glued to the fight. Suddenly, they all dropped at once. Haru had been hit by Aki, and Fuyu and Aki had been hit by Natsu who had freed herself from the tree. She immediatly stood over the two, holding her sword over their heads.
"Go, and don't try it again. We'll kill you next time." Natsu said coldly. Aki smirked, admitting defeat. Fuyu scowled. Both stood up and were gone in a flash of light. Natsu sheathed her sword and walked to Haru's side.
"Owww....the pain." Haru half-mocked to herself.
"C'mon, squirt. I know you're stronger than that." She helped the youger one to her feet and spotted the other three. "Well now, I didn't even see you there. Come now, we're heading back."

~~~~~~~~

I sat back on the tree branch to try and relax. Natsu wouldn't let me move after the fight. I yawned again and wondered how the others were feeling. Kurama was alright, but he couldn't move much. I hadn't really spoken to him. I sighed....again. I was so BORED. It's hard to sit around on your ass all day and do nothing. Well, I could do something. I jumped down from my tree and ran for the lake. It looked as peaceful as always with only a few trees surrounding it. I removed my shoes and stepped onto the water's surface. I took a few steps forwards and twirled a bit. A few more steps and another slow spin followed. I stopped, my eyes catching sight of that all too farmiliar red hair. Kurama's eyes were closed, indicating that he was asleep. He was sitting with his back to a tree trunk. He looked.... innocent and sweet. I sat down just to stare at him for a little while. What the hell was I thinking?! I stood up faster than any human could have seen, jammed my hands into my pockets, and turned away. I was about to walk away when I heard him stir. I turned my head back to see his eyes flutter open.
"Haru?" he asked, half awake.
"Yes," I sighed. "It's me, stupid boy."
"You don't have to be like that." He smiled.
"Be like what?" I had a hint of annoyance in my voice.
"You don't have to pretent that you hate everything. I know you're not cold-hearted."
"So what? It's not like I have company everyday. I'm not very social. There, I said it. Happy?"
"Come, sit down." He patted the ground next to him. Surprisingly, I obeyed. I sat down with my legs crossed and my arms folded. He looked at me, and I looked at the ground. He gently touch my cheek and brought me to look him in the eye. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." I knew he wasn't lying, but I made me uneasy to be so close. No one had ever been so gentle. I froze as he leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine. My eyes widened. It was a brief moment before he leaned back.
"Wha-What was that?"
"That was a kiss." He smiled warmly, but it soon changed to a sly one.
"Why? I mean, that was....my...."
"It was your first kiss?"
I nodded slowly. I became clear that I was terrified at that moment. No one had ever done that to me before. What else would he do? It scared me to death. He seemed to sense that.
"I don't want to do anything that you wouldn't want." I wanted to hit him, and I did, leaving a red mark on his cheek. Fear was quickly replaced by anger.
"You bastard! Stay away from me!" I stood up and walked back toward the lake. I stepped out onto the water and sat there, sitting on the clear reflection. He couldn't reach me. I heard a yip from the shore and saw my kitsune coming out to me. He could walk on the water just as I could. He bounced around, playing with nothing. It was cute. I watch until I felt Kurama leave. He should learn his place.

~~~~~~~~~~


Little did she know, Kurama was more cunning than he appeared to be.


"C'mon, kit. Let's go back. It's getting late." Haru searched the trees behind her. "Kitsune?" The little fox came running out from behind a tree to follow her. She smiled and patted the top of his head. He bounced along beside her until they reached the tower. The fox followed until she turned. "Kitsune no baka, you can't come in."
He gave a small whimper.
"Well, just for tonight." She climbed the stairs to her bedroom, the fox following every step. It followed through the door and jumped onto her bed. She closed the door behing her, being sure to lock it. "I wouldn't want that stupid boy coming in."
The kitsune cocked its head to the side as if to say, "Why?"
"Well, I can explain it to you." She walked to the bed and slid under the covers, resting her head on the pillows. "It was weird. He kissed me today, and it really scared me. I mean, we don't have men in the Realm of Seasons. I think I finally realize why. It was scary. I wasn't in control. I'm so used to being right and always being on top of things that it scares me when I'm not. Then I got so terrified that I masked it with anger and hit him. I wish that I hadn't. He proably didn't deserve it, but I want him to leave me alone. I'm worried about going near him now. I'm afraid he'll react like I did. Damn it! He must feel horrible right now. I didn't think." She was begining to cry. Small droplettes landed on the bedsheets, and the fox watched with a hint of sadness in its eyes. "I shouldn't be telling you. I should be telling Kurama, but I can't."

But it wasn't falling on deaf ears.....

~~~~~~~~~~

Mwahahaha! Fear me and my EVIL cliffies! Yuki-san will probably have something to say about this....Yuki! I'm sorry for the mean cliffie! I'll try to update school, but *Yawn* too much homework and cross country and school and just STUFF! Ahhh! I can't take the brain usage! Did you people figure out what the hell I was talking about in that last part? Some of you should have. I wasn't being too vague, was I? Oh well if I was! I makes you want to read more! Ja ne!
DarkWaterKitsune