Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The way things are ❯ the beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Do you ever wonder what hiei would have been like if the ice apparitions hadn't thrown him off the ice world? Please review!
 
 
-The way things are-
 
~ Ice apparitions are a timid race, once having seen the havoc man protrudesthroughout his land,and his family, this culture of strictly female societies have isolated themselves from the world to escape the horrors of men and their warring habits. Taking their own territory and hoisting it into an oblivious space in the sky………Ice maidens have strict rules, every hundred years or so an elder takes a group of women to the out side world, to let them decide for themselves which path to take. At this their most vulnerable time, many maidens indulgethemselves into the most vile of crimes: The pleasures of the flesh.~
 
-But due to population standards, ice maidens, at their own whims, have a baby regardless. The baby is ALWAYS female-
 
 
-The ice world has survived countless centuries this way. Any maiden who gave into these sacred covenants, left with out a word, already knowing if she came back, herself and her child would be killed, all under sacrificial law.-
 
The winds howled, the caps of the mountains that were made of snow blew in an oblique line. The clouds below moved so gracefully as they glided over the warring land, underneath unknown isolation.
 
A woman of this isolated paradise in the sky walked with a heavy heart, with intentions known only to her. She stopped in front of a spacious hut and took in a deep breath of icy air, it chilled her restless nerves, but only for a moment. This woman whose hair fell into an abundant mass of robin's egg blue,just above her waist,timidly pulled away the door cover,on the front of the wise looking hut, to the side and entered.
 
“Elder” The woman spoke.
“Yes my gracious child?” The woman asked in a tender voice.
 
“There is something that you should know….” She paused
 
“Well what is it Hina?” The elderly woman turned to face her.
 
“One month ago…. Do you remember when you took myself and others with you to-“
 
That despicable land! Yes I remember. I'm so glad you decided not to stay there unlike so many other deceitful maidens” The elderly woman snapped at first, but became gentle towards the end of her speech.
 
Her name now revealed, Hina took an unsure gulp and took upon a look of utter shame and guilt.
 
“Why the look my child?The eldersmiled.
 
“Elder” Hina almost cried out, like she was calling for her mother.
The older woman's eyes widened.
 
NO! No, don't tell me you-“She didn't bother to finish her sentence as she looked disbelievingly into Hina's shaking eyes.
 
The elder bowed her head in disappointment before she spoke again.
 
<><><><><><><>&l t;><><>
 
“Why did you come back here” Her stern voice echoed over a state room that held many ice apparitions that looked upon hina in shame.
 
She stood in the middle of the room for all to see.
 
Hina whimpered “I didn't want to leave, I love living here!”
There were questionable murmurs and glares coming from the crowd of women.
 
“If you loved this paradise of ours and our people you should have restrained yourself!” The elder mocked.
 
Hina began to cry.
 
“The town's people and the committee will decide what happens to you and your unborn child tonight, I suggest you go home.” The elder turned away from her beloved child and went into a back room, Hina looked around and felt eyes of hatred and disgust crawling all over her, with a broken heart and embarrassment written all over her face, she staggered out of the building holding in unshed tears of regret as she trudged through the thick snow to her own abode.
 
The next morning she appeared in the same house, with the same maidens, but different looks were directed her way, instead of hatred and disgusted, she found sympathy and gratitude. She questioned this in her own chilled thoughts.
 
“Hina… We have decided, that you will be able to stay……and you will be able to keep your child what ever sex it may turn out to be.” The elder said
 
The words echoed through Hina's mind, as tears of joy fell, hit the ground and bounced in different directions. Hina's best friend Rui ran up to her and embraced her petite form. Every one in the room smiled for her until the room was brought to be silent.
 
“There is one exception though Hina” The elder spoke “After this child you are banned to have anymore, even through your natural cycle”
Hina smiled joyously and swore that day, to herself, and all around her, that she would never perceive a child or touch a man ever again.
 
-8 months later, the birth date: the last phase of the brightest star, a sagitarian month, December-
 
“ Hina! Push! Breathe!” Rui cheered.
 
Hina grunted to the commands and obliged. After many hours of painful pushes, hindered breaths and limited breaks, Hina became a mother.
 
Two tear drops fell into her lap: one for each of her children.
 
Hina could hear the cries of only one of her children. She began to panic.
 
My baby?! Why isn't she crying!? ” Hina gasped through short breaths.
 
“Hina… your baby girl is just fine, and so is your son, it's very odd that he does not cry.” Rui said soothingly.
 
“ A son?” Hina smiled.
 
“Yes, a beautiful baby girl, and a handsome baby boy” Rui smiled and stroked her hand.
 
Hina held both her children with the arms that would be kept busy until they were grown. Hina's face held many emotions that day. Pain, Sorrow, Joy, and an undying love and protection she would always have over her children.
 
Hina had something no ice maiden had before her, she had a son…….. and she was allowed to remain, little did she know at the time though, that her son would grow into a steal shield that would be neglected by other children his age.
 
 
<><><><><><>
 
Good? If so review and tell me how great I am!!!! HAHA!!!