Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Traitor ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry that it's taken me so long to update…I've been slightly more busy than I thought… Okay, this will be a short chapter, and I won't be able to update for a long time, I'll be on Christmas break, then my whole school band is going on a week long trip. Anyway, read and enjoy. And review, please.

I own nothing, nothing at all.

 

Chapter 16

Traitor

 

"Kage has been killed," a soft female voice whispered. "The plan stands upon the edge of a knife. (Heh heh…stole that line from Lord of the Rings… which I do NOT own) One false move and all is lost." Stormy gray eyes watched Kuronue and Minai sleep in each other's arms from behind a hidden tapestry. "The bond between the princess and her bat is too strong to break. There is only one choice, then. I will take the Starstone and go to Ningenkai. When Ningenkai falls, then the defenses of the Makai will fall easily." She gave a soft, dark laugh and disappeared.

         &nb sp;                         &nb sp;                          ***

Minai stirred a little, opening her eyes. She looked up at Kuronue, smiling some. Carefully, she stood and walked over to her mirror, looking at herself. Her light hair was drawn back and her dark eyes were solemn. She still wore her long dark blue gown. She looked so strange, like an actress playing a part. She glanced over her shoulder in the glass at Kuronue, still sleeping soundly. She turned to look at him, taking in his clothes, his hair, his face. Everything about him spoke of a thief. He was so handsome and calm, no matter what. Minai smiled a little and walked back to where he lay. She knelt beside him, shaking his shoulder a little. "Kuro, wake up."

Kuronue opened one eye, looking up at her. He turned away, closing his eyes again.

"Kuronue," Minai sighed.

The winged demon opened one eye again. He wrapped an arm around Minai's waist and pulled her close. "What if I don't want to get up?"

Minai laughed at him a bit. "You still have to, it's morning."

Kuronue sighed, a small smile playing across his lips. He kissed Minai gently and let go of her. Minai kissed him back and stood.

As she stood, there was a knock at the door. Minai glanced quickly at Kuronue, then called, "Come in."

The door was pushed open and little Michiko came in. "Um…Lady Minai…?"

"What is it, Michiko?" the princess asked.

The little girl came into the room and closed the door, glancing anxiously at Kuronue. "Um…"

Minai walked over to her and knelt, laying a hand on the girl's shoulder. "What is it, little one?"

"She didn't want me to tell, but…I heard her and Duke Kage talking just before Duke Kage died…now she's gone…she ran away…"

Kuronue stood slowly. "Who?"

Michiko looked up at him fearfully.

Minai's grip on the young demon's shoulder tightened. "Michiko, who is she?"

Michiko hesitated a long moment before whispering, "Kalani."

 

~~ Bet you didn't see that one coming, did ya? Well, that's all I've got for now. See you in 2004, everyone! Happy Holidays!~~