Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time After Time ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time After Time

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Time After Time, and chances are neither do you. This is my first fic, please be nice and review please! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~`

Kurama laid in his bed, letting his eyes wander the semi-darkenss of his room until they fell upon the illumination of his alarm clock. 12:30 am it read. He sighed and rolled over to his side, and looked out the window, wondering if the fire demon would show up. But after the reaction he got earlier, Kurama highly doubted it.

~Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick

and think of you

Caught up in circles

Confusion is nothing new

Flashback to warm nights

Almost left behind

Suitcase of memories

Time after- ~

Hiei flitted from tree to tree, finally stopping at one and sat on its rough branch. He panted, trying to catch his breath and recollect his thought. He was still in shock at Kuramas revalation earlier that day. At first he scoffed, thinking the fox was joking, but after seeing the senserity in his face, he knew he wasn't. Hiei knotted his brows and stared at him without saying a word.

"Hiei, I truly love you and want to be with you," Kurama said with more emotion in his voice. Hiei felt himself go numb. Why would the legendary youko want the Forbidden Child, when he could have his choice of more purer bloods? He was just about to ask that when Kurama leaned in and swiftly caught his lips with his own. A warm breeze passed through, blowing Kuramas hair to wrap around Hiei's neck.

"Hiei..." Kurama whispered when they seperated. He reached out to touch Hiei face, but he pulled back as if it would scald him. Not knowing exactly what to do now, Hiei did the first thing he could think of, he jumped into the nearest tree and went off.

"No! Hiei wait......." He heard Kuramas voice grow distant.

"...don't go.....please....."

~Sometimes you'll picture me

I'm walking to far ahead

You're calling to me

I can't hear what you said

You said go slow, I fall behind

The second hand unwinds~

Finally deciding that Hiei wouldn't come, Kurama turned over on his stomach and buried his face into the pillow.

'Now Hiei is going completely stay away from me, I'm sure of it,' he thought sadly. Even though his mind said it was futile, deep in his heart he still hoped that Hiei would at least talk to him.

Hiei was at a total loss. He had been sitting in the same tree for hours now and still hasn't decided what he was going to do: Go see Kurama and talk to him or forget the whole thing never happened. He sighed than thought that maybe it was a relief that Kurama had said something. He had said that he loved him. Hiei never knew or understood love, next to Yukina, Kurama was the only person that stirred emotions within him. Was that love? He lifted his fingers to his lips and pressed them as soft as what Kurama had earlier. More lost than ever, Hiei got up and left to go to Kurama to try to sort everything out.

~If your lost you can look and you will find me

Time after time

If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting

Time after time~

Kurama tossed and turned in an attempt to sleep, but it was hopeless, He couldn't keep his mind off the fire demon. As if reading his thoughts, a tap at the window drew his attention.

"Hiei!" Kurama cried happily as he sprang out of bed to turn on a lamp and let Hiei in. As soon as he was inside, Kurama felt like hugging him, but held back not sure if he yet if he accepted this love or not. With his back facing Kurama, Hiei looked about the dim lighted room. He walked over to the mahogany desk and looked over it contents, which consisted of several school books, papers, pencils, pens, and a couple of pictures, one on each corner of the desk, leaving room for one in the middle, which Hiei felt seemed to be missing. The picture on the felt corner was of Shiori and Kurama when he was younger, and the other was of Kurama and Shuiichi. Kurama remained quiet as Hiei did his investigation. He opened the first drawer and discovered the 'missing' picture. He took out the silver heart-shaped frame gingerly. It was a picture that Botan took of the both of them together. Kurama held his breath, and Hiei looked over the picture, it was the only one he had and decided that if Hiei accepeted his love, then he would leave it out permently.

~After my picture fades

and darkness has turned to gray

Watching through windows

or wondering if I'm okay~

Breaking the silence, Hiei spoke.

"Kurama, how long have you loved me?" he asked, emphasizing the word love as he placed the picture delicately in the middle of the desk.

Kurama smiled when he saw him do that.

"For sometime now..." he admitted. Before another word could be said Hiei spun around to face him, eyes soft and confused unlike his regular facade.

"What is this love feeling anyway?" He asked softly. Kurama pause to think a minute.

"When you truly care for someone.."

"Like what I feel for Yukina?"

"Well, yes, only much more intense. It's almost as if they are your other half," Kurama tried to explain.

Hiei took in a sharp breath, and felt as if a bucket of ice water were dumped on him. The way he only trusted Kurama, truly talked to him, and was always by his side.

'Oh gods, I do love him too!' he thought

"Kurama..."

~Secrets stolen

All from deep inside

They aid away sometime~

"...if that is true...then...I...love you too," he said so softly, he wasn't even sure he said it aloud, but the look of pure bliss on Kuramas face told him he had.

"Oh Hiei," Kurama claimed happily in Hiei's hair as he grabbed him in an embrace. Hiei stiffened at first, but eventually relaxed and raised his arms to wrap around the fox's waist. Kurama leaned back and tilted Hiei's chin up and smiled down at him as he placed his lips upon the fire demons. Seperating, he began to stroke his cheek. Hiei did not bolt this time, if anything he leaned into the soft, warm touch. Kurama smiled again.

"I love you Hiei," he whispered still stroking the delicate cheek.

"I love you too, Kurama."

~If your lost you can look, and you will find me

Time after time

If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting

Time after time

Time after time

Time after time~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was it people! Thank you for reading. Let me know what you think!