Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time After Time ❯ Close To A Memory ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


TIME AFTER TIME





Chapter one; Close To A Memory.

Reikai. . .



Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama were in Koenma's office, waiting for Botan to arrive with a tape.

" Gomen nasai!! Here is the tape you asked for, Koenma-sama " Botan said as she entered the office.

" Give it to me " Koenma said, Botan did as told, and the toddler placed the tape in a weird looking TV.

The TV turned on, and a well guarded castle appeared in it, they watched as the castle began to freeze slowly.

" This is a castle situated in Makai, the region it is in has very strong and ruthless youkai, the castle guards themselves are some of the strongest youkai in Makai, they are evil and frighteningly strong, the castle's lord, Yamiken, stole a precious gem from the mountain foxes 8 years ago, he kept it in serval locations in the 3 realms, serval youkai tried to steal the gem, non succeeded, but some were close to, because of that, Yamiken moved the gem into that castle a short time ago. " Koenma began to explain.

The screen zoomed inside one of the many halls, were a figure wearing a dark grey cloak was, the figure was running at a high speed, it was using a poison made whip that came from 2 of her claws to kill the guards, no one was able to even touch the figure.

" A week and a half ago, however, this cloaked figure, which is a female, stormed inside the castle, she killed all the guards without getting a scratch, as she ran, her icy ki froze the corpses and the castle itself. " Koenma said.

" How do you know it's a female? " Hiei asked.

" Look " Koenma said, pointing to the screen.

The female jumped high in the air, in front of her were a lot of guards, she extended both hands, which were covered by ninja like gloves, a small icy blue sphere formed between her hands. " Ijis Kaze! " She cried, the voice was female, revealing the gender of the figure.

" The figure is female, as the voice says, and is also an Ice Inu, or a mountain fox, both species uses those kinds of ice based magical attacks" Koenma said. " This female killed Yamiken, who's power was 5 times greater than Suzaku's, but our agents said that before the demoness took the gem and jumped through a window, she had been badly hurt." Koenma said as the screen zoomed towards the female in the air and paused, the cloak in the area of one of her sides was tinted with quite a lot of blood. " We tried to find her, but she had disappeared, I made some research, looking for her youki, it was no longer in Makai, or Reikai, she had taken refuge so she could heal in Ningenkai, your job is to find her, and bring her to me. " Koenma said, and the Reikai Tantei nodded and with that, they left to accomplish their new mission.

- You most have you reasons to steal that jewel, but I wonder what those are - Koenma thought.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning, Ningenkai. . .

Yukina sang a bit as she walked towards the dining room from the kitchen, when she arrived; she saw Genkai and a young looking demoness speaking.

" Ohayo gozaimasu, Master Genkai, Kyna-san " She said as she sat down, Genkai nodded towards her.

" Ohayo, Yukina-san " Kyna answered in a soft voice, a smile in her lips.

Yukina smiled back at the white haired Inu, her hear was hip-long and it's ends, as well as her bang's were icy blue, Yukina's ruby eyes locked with Kyna's cat-like, electric blue eyes framed with a golden edge. " Kyna-san, how are your injuries? " She asked.

Kyna's eyes softened " They are a lot better, arigatou, for healing me " She said, with a bow.

" It was nothing! " Yukina exclaimed, blushing slightly.

" You are a youkai with a good heart, it is difficult to think that you can mercilessly kill more than a hundred youkai in a fight " Yukina commented as she took a sip from her tea.

" A good heart? " Kyna questioned softly " That might have been, a long time ago. "

" Iie, I think you have a good heart, Kyna-san " Yukina said.

" Thank you, I need to leave now " Kyna said as she stood up.

" Now? But your injuries- " Yukina began, but Kyna didn't hear her, instead, she went to the room Genkai had lent her and took her Chinese styled fighting suit (like Kurama's yellow and white one)The pants and inner shirt were both blue in color, the sleeves of the shirt were long and wide open, the outer robe was black in color, the edge of the neck was also blue, a dark blue and silver sash was tied around her waist with a single knot at the front, the ends hung free to her knees, she wore black slippers and black ninja like gloves.

She took a purple sheathed katana from the closet and placed it in the side of her waist, she took a quiver, which she placed in the back of her waist, lastly, she took a silver and blue bow, which she held with her left hand.

She walked to the hanger behind her door and took the new dark grey cloak Yukina had gotten for her, her old one had been left back in Makai, she placed it over her, taking a grey colored mask, she placed it over head nose and mouth, hiding the twin magenta stripes on each cheek, she tied the sapphire colored ends in the back of her head. (The mask is like Sango's from Inuyasha)

her white wolf like ears atop her head moved to the side as Yukina entered the room, her ruby red eyes were sad.

" Do you really have to leave? " Yukina asked " I was enjoying your company, sometimes it is lonely here in the temple " Yukina said softly.

Kyna's cat like eyes softened " Yes, I do Yukina. "

" What are you going to do now? " Yukina asked.

" I can't do many things with this cursed jewel in my hands. " Kyna said sourly. " I can't stay here, they might find me, and even if I can fight them back, they could hurt you and Genkai "

" I might be old, but I am not that weak, Kyna " Genkai said as she entered the room.

" You might not be weak, but you are not as strong as you were 50 years ago. " Kyna said.

" I know, but I'm not some useless hag, you know " Genkai spat.

" You haven't changed at all, have you? " Kyna said, smiling softly.

" Nay " Genkai said.

" BA-SAN!! WE NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU! " Came Yusuke's voice from the lower level.

" Shimatta!! " Kyna cursed lowly as she walked to the window and opened it, she placed the hood over her head and turned back. " Ja ne " She said and jumped down the window.

" Ja ne " Yukina whispered, sadly.

- I never thought you would need to touch that jewel again, Kyna, I just wish it doesn't bring the same heart braking results as last time before it ends in it's rightful place, once more - Genkai thought as she felt Kyna's youki vanishing from around the temple.

Once the youki was gone, Yukina and Genkai went downstairs, and her eyes widened when she only saw Kuwabara and Yusuke. " Where are Kurama and Hiei? " She asked, dread curling around her heart.

" They are in the forest, they felt some strange youki from here and we came to investigate it " Yusuke said. " Are you both alright? "

" Hai " Genkai said. - Kyna!! Be careful!! There are 2 demons looking for you in the forest, do not take them slightly. - She said to Kyna, via her mind.

- 2 demons? - Kyna answered back and Genkai sighed with relief. - A fox and a fire and ice apparition, am I right? I have located them, they are far from me, do not worry, besides, one of them is Kurama, I know how to fool him. -

- Just be careful - Genkai advised.

- Hai - Replied Kyna and the link broke off.

" Ba-san? " Yusuke asked.

" Sorry, I was trying to think what the youki was, I haven't seen any demon around here " Genkai said.

" Neither have I " Yukina said, calmly.

" So ka, a demoness stole a powerful jewel, she is very powerful and Koenma ordered us to catch her " Yusuke said. " But seeing she is not here, we should go, oyasumi ba-san, Yukina. "

" Oyasumi " Whispered both as Kuwabara and Yusuke left.

After a few minutes, Yukina asked silently " Do you think she'll be fine, Master Genkai? "

" I sure hope so, now, she's on her own " Genkai said, but then smiled " She's strong, she'll be fine " Genkai began walking upstairs to her room. - But is not Yusuke and the others I am worried for, I am worried for the demons sent after her by Yamiken's older brother, in her half healed state, she might not be able to take them on and come out of it alive -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~


2 months later...

" It has been two months and we still haven’t caught her, Koenma will scold us " Yusuke mumbled.

The Reikai Tantei were in Genkai's temple, they had been training for the past month, while Yusuke and Kuwabara fought, Yukina talked with Keiko and Botan, Hiei was deep in his own thoughts and Kurama was paying attention to the fight between Yusuke and Kuwabara.

But during all this, Genkai was awfully quiet.

" Oi! Ba-san, what's the matter? You are not harassing any of us like you usually do " Yusuke asked.

" Nothing " Genkai spat coldly " Mind your own business, Bonehead "

" Sheesh, take it easy. " Yusuke grumbled.

- Kyna, doshita no? No one, not even Kenya has heard of you, I hope you are alright - Genoa thought, worriedly.

Genoa had met Kina in the dark tournament 52 years ago, she had participated with 2 other thief demons, both male, they were good friends, and even if at that time Kina herself was stronger than Toguro himself, she had refused to fight against them in the semi-finals, saying she wouldn't lower herself to fight against a power-hungry human. That if he refused to fight against time, she would refuse to fight against him. And so, they gave up and left the ring.

But they stayed until the end of the tournament; Kyna usually talked with Genkai and helped her train for the last battle, she taught her to create strong barriers using her Reiki, as well as other things.

When they had their wishes, she nodded at Genkai, while she shook her head towards Toguro; she was able to remember Kyna's last words towards her very clearly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash Back~~~~~~~~~~~~
52 years ago...

A younger Genkai and Kyna, whose stripes were a lot lighter in color, stood in the middle of a clearing, Kyna's friends had already gone ahead of her, she had just stopped to talk to Genkai, while Genkai's own teammates were in the hotel.

" Genkai, " Kyna began " We need to learn to fight against time, we can't win, but we can lose with dignity. "

" Fight against time? " Genkai asked.

" Hai, Everyone must fight against time, but there are some, like Toguro, who ran away from that fight, becoming a youkai, we live longer, but we also age, and we also die, we are not that different from you humans, but what many youkai lack, is the ability to love others. I was like that once, until I met the fox and the bat, cold, emotionless, merciless, and evil. I fought simply because that was the only thing I could do, I had no other reason to live, they two, as unlikely as it may seem, gave me more reasons to live, and now, I live each day at it's fullest, as if it was the last. " Kyna said, her electric blue eyes locked with Genkai's brown ones.

" Kyna, what's is the real strength of a person? " Genkai asked.

" The one that is within the soul, if you don't have a strong soul, you will never be strong, but there must be a balance between your soul and your body " Kyna explained softly. " I am at my strongest when I want to protect those dear to me, wishing to protect them gives me strength, and knowing that I am loved and needed also gives me strength, but it's different for everybody. "

" So ka " Genkai said.

" Oi!! Koinu!! Iku so! " Shouted a male voice.

Kyna moved her eyes towards the two male demons standing at the edge of the clearing, Kyna smiled happily and turned to Genkai. " Sayonara, chiisai Senshi. Until we meet again " Kyna said as she ran towards her companions.

Genkai saw, with a smile in her lips, how Kyna placed both arms around the males' shoulders and laughed as they put their arms in her own shoulders, she heard the jokes they threw at each other until their figures, then their voices and lastly their youki vanished.

She would never have thought, as she watched the three friends go back home that warm afternoon, that Kyna would lose both less than 50 years latter.

~~~~~~~~~~~End flash back~~~~~~~~

- Then again - Genkai thought as she watched Yuske fighting now with Hiei - That has shown me the difference between Toguro and Kyna-

Genkai sighed, remembering the inu's eyes - Toguro's eyes were hard, and hate filled, towards himself and towards the demon that killed his students, but Kyna's...They were filled with sadness, even if she smiled, that smile never reached her eyes. But still, she keeps going, fighting for them, even when they are gone and fighting for what she has left...- Genkai's eyes widened and she gasped when everything came clear to her - Kyna, you stole the jewel to save the mountain foxes, that was the reason, and that's why Yamiken's brother wants to kill you, he wants to avenge his brother and prove himself stronger than him by killing you, and he also wants that jewel...- Genkai thought in surprise - You are doing all this to save your family, even if they are not your real family, maybe I should tell Yusuke and the others this-

Genkai turned towards Yusuke and the others, but as she was about to speak, she felt Kyna's youki rising rapidly from within the forest, if she was able to feel it, so were the others, could Kyna be fighting again?

Before the old woman could say anything, Kurama and Hiei rushed outside.

Things were going to get quite bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyna sighed as she killed the last of the demons that came after her. They were able to track her down into Ningenkai, but it was too late, the Gem of Dreams was where it belonged, now, the only thing that mattered was to wait until Yamiken's brother, Kanne, died as well.

Makai and Reikai were in quite a lot of trouble, Kyna knew, Kanne's goal it seemed was to control the three realms, and that was why he had Yamiken steal the Gem of Dreams, to open the portals so he could go as he wished.

Kanne was very powerful himself, but he also had his army, even if they were less in number than Yamiken's, they were stronger.

" ROSE WHIP!! " Shouted someone from behind her (guess who)and Kyna, who had been to deep in thought to notice both demons approaching, was able to jump away from the attack, but one of the whip's thorns grazed her left arm, creating a small injury.

Wide electric blue orbs hidden by the shadows the hood created met with emerald green.

- Kurama... - She thought, sadly, she snapped out of her daze when she felt another demon come up on her side, she unsheathed her katana and blocked the demon's, with a shift movement, she jumped a few feet away from both demons, her katana motionless at her side.

Out from the shadows, 2 human males appeared, one had his hand in a Rei-gun position and the other had a rei ken in his hands.

" Yamenasai!! " Cried a high pitched voice, and Kyna recognized it instantly, Yukina and Genkai appeared soon after the 2 human males, the voice belonged to Yukina, who had tears swimming in her ruby red eyes.

" Why? " Yusuke asked. " We need to get that damn jewel back! "

" It's too late " Kyna said, her voice slightly changed by the coldness she placed in her words.

" What did you do to it? " Hiei demanded.

" It's where it belongs, and, even if I had it with me, you wouldn't be able to even touch it, I doubt Koenma himself can " Kyna said.

" Why? " Kurama asked.

" It's called the Gem of Dreams, inside, a powerful demon was sealed, he is neither, evil or good, yet, at the same time, he is both, he can grant any wish, except bring back someone from death, but when a wish is given, something must be given back, the demon inside decides what it would be, and only certain people are able to touch it, because their soul is totally evil, totally pure or lies in the thin line between both, all of you lie in the good side, some near the line, some far, but neither in any of the 2 extremes or in the line between both, that's why you can't touch it, another way to touch it is to have some kind of special ability, like my own, which is the ability to turn youki into purifying waves. " Kyna said.

" Then we'll bring you to Koenma! " Yusuke shouted.

" Try it " Kyna challenged as the 4 ran towards her at full speed, Kyna only smirked under the mask she wore.

~~~~~~~~~~~End Chapter~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Well, here is the first chapter of my first story of YYH; I hope is not that bad.

---Vocabulary---

Gomen nasai- I'm very sorry (a bit formal)

Makai- Demon Realm.

Youkai- demon

Ki- Energy.

Ijis Kaze- Ice wind.

Inu- Dog.

Youki- demon energy.

Reikai- Spirit Realm.

Ningenkai- Human realm

Arigatou- Thank you.

Katana- A Japanese styled sword.

Ba-san- Grandma.

Shimatta- Damn, damnit.

Ja ne- See ya.

Hai- Yes.

So ka- I see.

Oyasumi- Good night.

Oi- Hey.

Doshita no- What's wrong.

Reiki- Spirit energy.

Koinu- Puppy.

Iku so- Let's go.

Sayonara- Goodbye.

Chiisai Senshi- Little warrior.

Rei gun- Spirit gun.

Rei ken- spirit sword

Yamenasai- Stop it.

Ohayo Gazaimasu- Good morning
































































































































































Converting /tmp/php8mdBeb to /dev/stdout