Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Better Spent.... ❯ Time Better Spent.... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Today, we will be saying hi to a newcomer. This is not my original character but an original character made by my friend Mai Valentine. Her name is Teku Devlin. So thank you, Mai. I don't know if she's related to Faye.

 

Why why why do I I I have to write write write a disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer?

Such are the greedy bastards what own yyh.

 

Such is the cool person who owns Teku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

 

"Time Better Spent Thinking of a Crappy Title"

 

Where Karasu had gone Kurama didn't know. He only used the hour in which he was gone trying to escape the binds which held him to the chair. Karasu's energy had lightened. He must be quite a distance away. This made it easier for Kurama to get himself free. He touched the binding energy and was shocked and burnt upon contact however his determination out weighed the pain. Karasu could return at any moment. In the time he was gone Kurama actually freed himself. He was to the balcony when Karasu entered. He regarded his darling's tattered clothes and cuts from the bindings which he'd escaped from.

 

"Did you have a bit of trouble, my pet?" he smiled.

"Hardly."

"Where are we going?" he asked most sublimely, smiling.

"I am leaving-alone." Kurama said hardly back.

 

He jumped over the balcony railing, right into a burning and explosive force field of Karasu's bombs. Smoking Kurama bounced back and landed hard on the cement balcony. Karasu walked up to him in a half-laugh.

 

"My darling, you didn't really think you could escape so easily?"

He picked up the hurt fox, who was nearing unconsciousness however aware of what was happening, and placed him on the bed.

"I wouldn't run the risk of you getting hurt by falling 23 stories to the cement ground below, should you get out of the chair I designed especially for you. I was protecting you, you see."

 

Karasu stroked the brilliant, charred red hair of his love. He wanted to keep him forever, and he devised a plan to fit his and Kurama's future together. Once Kurama passed out Karasu barriered the bed in the same fashion he had the balcony and left once again, putting the `Do Not Disturb' sign on the door handle. Before he shut the door he took one last look at his beloved while he slept.

 

"angelic demon."

 

 

Yusuke and Kuwabara sat hopelessly on a bench, regardless of all the busy life bustling around them.

 

"this is a hopeless case…" Yusuke said.

 

"Wow, never thought I'd hear you givin' up." Kuwabara commented.

"I never said I was giving up…" Yusuke said darkly. Kuwabara wasn't convinced.

"You just said it was a hopeless case. That sounds a lot like `I quit' to me."

"I'M Not QUITTING!" Yusuke fumed through his shirt. His anger added on to the blazing heat of the June day and made him more irritable.

"Okay, geeze." Kuwabara put his hands up in mock defeat and slumped. As the two bickered they were also watched by a woman. She had piercing eyes that saw threw to the start of their quarrel. Her eyes were so set upon them they couldn't help being discovered.

"Hey…I think we're being watched…" Kuwabara said quietly to Yusuke.

"I know. They've been watching us for a while now." Yusuke got up.

"They? So there's more than one…"

" No, lame brain. I mean I don't know if it's a man or a woman. It's polite." Yusuke said as he began to cross the street.

"Since when are you polite?" Kuwabara followed. The woman watching them smiled and vanished.

"Damn. They're gone." Yusuke ran to the island intercepting the two streets and punched his fist. A possible lead finally reached them and now slipped through their fingers.

"Perhaps if you two didn't bicker like an old married couple you might have reached her." Botan appeared by them. She showed up in midair and the sight of her caused about thirteen head-on collisions. This put a sour face on Yusuke, who was already feeling unfriendly at the moment.
"Would you get down from there! People can see you!"

"Oh, yes, I forgot." She smiled innocently and landed, putting away her broom. "I'm dreadfully sorry."

"You're sorry, huh." He wanted to say more but Botan took both men by the arm and drug them to the other side of the street, the boys desperately hoping she not get them hit by a car.

"If you had used your item of perception you'd noticed the woman and known why she was there spying on you."

Yusuke was confused.

"I got the what now?"

Botan flared at him for his stupidity.

"What?! You mean to tell me you've been on this hunt-"

"Wild goose chase…"

"-to find Kurama and you are not even aware of your most helpful detective items?!" Yusuke's faint innocence and idiotic smile caused Botan to scream and throw her hands up in the air in anger.

"You have any idea what she's talkin about?" Kuwabara whispered.

"Not a clue." He whispered back..

The woman supposedly stalking the boys laughed in her hiding place. "They are so close yet so far…" she said to herself. Indeed she knew of Karasu's previous whereabouts but upon tracking him further she had lost him to where she stood now. That was little over five minutes ago. And now these two idiots were her only chance in finding what she so desired. She could feel him. She knew roughly the condition he was in and that served all the greater purpose of finding him. Once she did, Karasu would die.

Botan had finally been able to make Yusuke comprehend his item of perception and he somewhat knew how to operate the thing. It was a bit like the demon compass and the glass eye that allowed him to look through walls, only this was invisible. So of course Yusuke's first question to irritate Botan with was "If it's invisible how do I know I have it?" Followed by "How can I use an invisible item?" Botan was ready to slap him at that point. Finally, he knew.

The Item of Perception was equivalent to his spirit energy. He had to concentrate his energy around his eyes and when he did it correctly he could see whatever it was he was looking for, whether he knew he was looking for it or not. It could trace an apparition's energy within one mile. So far, He was able to see two. One belonged to a mysterious woman, the other to Karasu. There was no trace of Kurama.

"So, hey, Botan…can Urameshi see anything he wants to?" Kuwabara leaned over to her.

"Well, theoretically…why?" Kuwabara seemed to get excited about this new development…

"That means he could peek at girls in the shower!"

"Hey, I could-" Botan was giving each of them a nasty look. Yusuke smacked Kuwabara over the head. "Kuwabara would you be serious? We have a missing comrade to find here. Show some sensitivity!"

"That's more like it. Now put that power to some actual good use and follow Karasu's trail." Botan ordered. Yusuke mumbled something about her being a slave driver but kept it inaudible for he knew if he were to speak up he'd end up with a bump on his head equivalent to the one he gave Kuwabara, if not worse.

"So, hey, Botan…think I could get that power?"

The woman smiled as she stealthy followed them.

*These two may not be so useless after all…*

But this girl was not the only one stalking them. Karasu had left to find the pests and rid himself of them once and for all.

*How else will I be able to build my perfect world with Kurama?* he thought.

 

Hiyas…will you reply for me? I will read them! The woman presented in this story, though not my original character, will bring great pains to you if you do not review, that she will.

 

Do Let's.

 

Katie thing.