Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tomodachigai ❯ Hate Every Beautiful Day ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tomodachigai

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation copyrights YYH. "Hate Every Beautiful Day" is copyrighted by the band Sugar Cult and Artemis Records.

Notes: This is my first song/death fic so I hope it doesn't suck. By the way, this fic was originally hand written and it took me a damn long time. And now I come to my dedication. Thanks so much to the following readers and reviewers:

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

Yusuke felt his body ache with every breath he took. Blood streamed from his forehead and leaked into his eyes slightly blurring them. "Urameshi!" For the first time since he received the fatal blow, Yusuke realized that his friends Kuwabara, Hiei, and Kurama knelt at his side. His white tee-shirt was stained red with blood because of the giant cut on his chest.

Something's gotta change again

I'm losing, my inspiration's gone

Oh no, oh no

Seeing through some different eyes

I can't find, my medications

Failed, again again.

"C'mon Urameshi! You can't give up on my now!" Kuwabara pleaded, tears forming in his eyes. "Kuwabara, there may still be time! Hand Hiei your jacket." Kurama commanded. Kuwabara didn't ask questions, just unbuttoned his blue school uniform jacket revealing his bare chest. Hiei took it and applied the medicines to it. "Hold on Yusuke." Hiei said laying the jacket over Yusuke's chest. The teen nodded painfully.

I can feel a change

I can feel, can you feel it

See it on the streets watching heat from the pavement

Cause I'm here, ready to take it all here.

Without anyone realizing it, an hour passed by before Kurama spoke. "I don't know if he's going to make it." "NO!" Kuwabara cried jumping to his feet. "You can't just give up on him now!" Kurama sighed trying to comfort the brash redhead. "We've done all we can. The only thing we cam do is enjoy these last few hours with him." Hiei explained. Yusuke's eyes widened as he watched Hiei cry for the first time. "Heh, I haven't seen anyone this sad since my wake." Yusuke joked. This brought a smile to his friends' faces.

I wish it was raining

Cause I hate every beautiful day

Faces in the crowd

Fake smiles for miles

My imitations wrong of them.

Yusuke blinked as Kuwabara, his eyes concerned, wiped away the blood from his face. "Hey, Urameshi, do you remember at your wake when I burst in and made a scene? Heh, that was when I realized I really did like ya." Yusuke laughed and then coughed up some more blood dribbling it all over his chin. "Ya, you looked totally demented! Just promise me you won't do that this time… when I die." Kuwabara held his best friend's shoulders. "You're not going to die, not this time." Yusuke coughed up more blood before losing consciousness.

Trapped inside this cheap hotel

Bored as hell turning the channels `round

In my head from my bed

I can fell a change

I can feel, can't you feel it

See it on the street watching heat from the pavement

Cause I'm here, ready to take it all here

Everything's feeling unclear.

Hiei's head shot up. "That's it!" Kurama looked up from bandaging Yusuke's still bleeding wound. "What's it?" Kuwabara asked approaching Hiei. "If we can pool all of our remaining spirit energy together we just might be able to save him!" Kuwabara beamed. "Well, what are ya waiting for? Let's do it!"

I wish it was raining

Cause I hate every beautiful day

I can feel a change

I can feel, can you feel it

See it on the street watching heat from the pavement.

In Yusuke's subconscious, memories flashed before his eyes. The first time he met Kuwabara and beat him in a fight. The time Keiko revived him with a sweet kiss. His first day after being reborn. How he saved Kurama's life. The time when he defeated Hiei. When Kuwabara plunged over the edge of the pillar in Maze Castle. Everything up until the moment he received his dying blow flew before his eyes. "I can't leave and have everyone miserable, I can't!"

I can feel a change

I can feel, can you feel it

I'm not the same, not the same lost my feeling

All I know I'll never know

All I know I'll never know.

As Kuwabara gathered the spirit energy from himself, Hiei and Kurama he heard Yusuke muttering, "I'm going to die. I hate every beautiful day…" "Don't say that Urameshi!" Kuwabara yelled over the crackle of energy. "We're gonna save you!"

Cause I'm here, ready to take it all here

Everything's feeling unclear

I wish it was raining

Cause I hate every beautiful day.

Energy coursed through Yusuke's now lifeless form. "Come on!" Hiei and Kurama held their breath as the remaining spirit energy passed between the two friends. Yusuke didn't stir and Kuwabara fell to his knees. "No…" he sobbed. Then someone grabbed his wrist. "I wouldn't leave you guys with a tomodachigai (true friendship) like this." Yusuke sat up. "Yusuke you rotten bastard!" Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara threw their arms around the revived Yusuke. "Maybe I don't hate every beautiful day…" Yusuke thought.