Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Off to the portal to the unknown! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

After awhile of walking, the silence between them all started to turn to a nerve racking, awkward silence.

`Damn…I shouldn't have promised not to run just so I could catch that baka…' Kitty thought bitterly. She stole a quick glance back at the spirit detectives and saw that they were all starring either at her and Heather or starring ahead of the group as though the girls were invisible. As Kitty faced back forward, she caught a glimpse of Kurama's eyes. They still seemed to shine with the lack of light shining through the trees.

`He seems so calm…yet at the same time he is friendly enough…' She then looked at Heather still walking next to her. Her eyes were fixated on the ground and she wasn't blinking. There wasn't even the slightest smile on her face, just a solemn frown.

`What's up with her…?' Kitty reached over and grabbed Heather's shoulder in a quick motion. "Boo!"

Heather tensed and her eyes blinked, "Ah…" She said sarcastically with no enthusiasm as she tilted her head looking at Kitty.

`I guess she a little down over something…' Kitty thought with a bit of worry in her words.

"Was there a point in that?" Yusuke asked. Both girls turned and faced the boys while they were still walking. Kuwabara's left eye was twitching and Yusuke was glaring at Kitty. Hiei looked unchanged with his normal facial expression while Kurama was looking at Kitty with a slightly curious expression.

"Maybe…" Kitty answered as Heather stayed silent turning back around facing front.

"Finally!" Kuwabara shouted in an exhausted tone.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Heather asked looking around.

"We're finally out of this forest!" He then rushed past both girls to an ahead clearing.

"What's he talking about?" Kitty asked glancing at Heather then to Kurama. She looked at him waiting for a response as Yusuke sprinted past them following Kuwabara.

"That's were the portal to take us all to spirit world is." Kurama simply stated. Both Kitty and Heather slowly nodded their heads and started to follow in the direction Yusuke and Kuwabara ran off to. Kurama and Hiei fell into step next to the two girls, Hiei walked next to Heather and Kurama beside Kitty, as they walked into the clearing.

"Hurry up! We ain't got the rest of our lives!" Kuwabara shouted as Yusuke and himself stood next to a swirl of colors that was like a rip in the air.

`Does that one ever shut up?' Kitty thought in an irritated way.

`Nope…' Heather answered her question and trudged up to the colorful hole.

`Hn…' Both Heather and Kitty turned and faced Hiei. He was starring ahead at the portal.

`Stay out of our conversation!' Both girls shouted loudly in unison. A small smirk formed on Hiei's face. Kitty fought the urge to slap him right then and there, insteadshe listened to Kurama speak.

"As soon as we arrive we will go and pay a visit to Koenma."

"Yeah, yeah…" Yusuke mumbled as he quickly jumped into the portal with no hesitation. Kuwabara followed directly after him, eager to get out of the dimly lit and dead of most life forest.

"Does it hurt?" Heather asked looking at the colors curiously, "The colors kinda hurt my eyes atleast…"

"Baka onna…" Hiei muttered as Kitty shook her head slightly and Kurama smiled lightly with a sweat drop.

"No, Heather, it doesn't hurt…" Heather shrugged and stepped forward at the same time as Hiei; they both looked at each other but one could say a word, Hiei jumped in.

"Well, lady's first…" She said hotly and then quickly jumped in after him.

"Did she just call that Hiei guy a girl?" Kitty thought out loud and tilted her head a little to the side.

"Either that or she was being sarcastic." Kurama answered. Kitty looked at him trying to keep a straight face. Kurama was smiling warmly at her and lightly grabbed her arm. "It maybe a rough landing on the other side." Kitty glanced down at her arm where Kurama was holding onto it and then looked back at him.

"I believe that I can manage…" She stated firmly and then looked back to his hand. "So, you can let go now…" But before she could start to struggle Kurama jumped into the portal dragging her along with him.

`This is going to be one long trip…' Kitty thought with a long sigh as she glanced around at the multicolor atmosphere that was starting to completely surround her body. She looked ahead but was unable to see her friend and Hiei and her stomach was staring to feel as though it was being twisted and mangled.