Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ What are Kitty and Heather? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heather flopped down on the plain white bed, burring her face in the matching pillow.

"What's your problem?" Kitty asked as she looked around the room. There was cherry wood furniture that adorn the white walls of the room. Her eyes fell on the bed in which her friend laid upon with her face concealed by the pillow and walked over sitting next to her. Kitty felt asthough she was sitting on a bed of feathers that cradled her body in mid air which felt good from all of the nonstop walking that had occurred earlier. "Seriously why did you just flip out at them?"

Muffled talk could be heard as from the pillow, which was Heather answering her question.

"You know I can't understand that…" Kitty said with a minor sweat drop from her friends stupidity.

`I said, I just don't like them…' she retold telepathically.

`Why?'

`Lets see…one, they talk about us so we don't hear it. Two all I did was try to explore and that Hiei guy nearly killed me.' Kitty looked at Heather and sighed lightly shaking her head slightly.

`Look, just put up with them for now while we go back and see Koenma.'

`No.'

`Heather…' Her voice had a hint of warning to it and her face started to have a glare plastered on it.

`What?'

`Your coming along…'

`But…'

`Nope!' Before Heather could even retort, Kitty grabbed her by the ankles, stood up, and started to walk to the door dragging Heather along for the ride, though she didn't come with out a violent struggle trying to get free of Kitty's strong hold.

"Let me go!" She yelled but kitty kicked the bedroom door open startling the boys in the hall and strolled out like nothing was happening.

"What the…" Yusuke asked as Kitty pulled and dragged Heather down the hall. She no longer struggled but had her arms crossed and her head resting in them as she enjoyed the ride.

"What is their problem?" Kuwabara asked as he and the rest of the group walked after the two with a different look on each of their faces but the same expression; confusion.

"Guess they don't agree all the time…" Yusuke stated so that only the boys could hear. Hiei glanced over at Kurama with a raised eyebrow but Kurama only shrugged lightly as he continued to walk.

"Hn…" Hiei followed and soon they were all outside of the two large double doors leading to the young prince's office.

"Alright…you can let me go now…" Heather mumbled. Promptly, as though she knew it was coming, Kitty dropped Heathers ankles with a small smirk on her face.

"There and if you try to run then I will just have to nail your feet to the ground!" Heather looked at her calmly with her eyebrow raised.

"You wouldn't…"

"Care to try me?" Her expression was challenging as though telling her friend that if she wanted to test her then she could.

"This might turn into a cat fight…" Yusuke said as he now watched with interest. Kitty and Heather still looked at each other with the same faces but no more words.

"I don't think that will happen…" Kurama said calmly as he also watched with his eyes examining both girls' expressions. "They don't seem like the type of friends to go and get into a fight over something so little…"

Heather shrugged and now they both looked at the Spirit Detectives.

"We don't?" Kitty asked looking a bit curious.

"How can you tell?" Heather asked directly after her.

"Call it a guess…" Kurama answered both of their questions with one answer of his own.

"What kind of a guess?" Kitty tilted her head to the side as she spoke. Kurama just kind of looked at her before Kuwabara walked over and shoved the double doors open then walked in, Yusuke not far behind him. Heather looked around, shrugged then started to walk at the same time as Hiei. They both looked at each other and before Hiei could move Heather disappeared.

"Hn…" was his only response as Hiei walked in with a very small smirk on his face.

Kurama and Kitty stayed there staring at each other for a few moments before Kurama looked away and then walked over towards the doors. When he passed Kitty, then she started to walk next to him and they both walked up to Koenma's desk.

Koenma was stamping papers at his desk.

`Well he has it easy…' Kitty thought as she stopped in front of his desk.

"You wished to see us all again?" Koenma jumped out of his seat dropping his little stamp at the sound of Kurama's voice breaking the silence. He looked at Kurama and Kitty; his left eye was twitching a little.

"Ah, yes. I wanted you all here so that we could find out some information about our guest. That way we all will not be strangers." Koenma looked at Kitty as she stood next to Kurama and over to Heather leaning in the corner of the room looking bored. His glanced around the room looking at Yusuke leaning up against the wall off to the side also looking bored, Kuwabara sitting on the floor by Yusuke using the wall as support for his back and Hiei who was leaning against the now closed door with his eyes closed and an emotionless face.

`Oh great…'

`Think we should keep it brief?' Heather asked looking at Kitty.

`Yesh, definitely…' She answered and looked around at the eyes that were gazing at her and her friend; each held it's own amount of curiosity. Her gaze stopped on Kurama's and locked on his eyes. His eyes were full of curiosity yet at the same time, they were calm and sincere.

`Why is it that I feel as though I can trust him the most of all of these baka's?' Kitty asked herself as she tore her gray orbs away from his and looked at Koenma with a blank expression.

"Miss. Kitty, would you like to start then." Koenma was telling her more then asking as he had a pen and a blank sheet of paper in hand ready to write down anything that would be of help for him.

Kitty let out the slightest sigh and then started to talk. "I'm your normal spell caster, well, as normal as I can get…which isn't all that normal at all." She stated as she sweat dropped from her last comment.

"So basically you're a witch?" Kuwabara asked looking at her.

"Strongest type there is!" She then smiled a wide and fake smile even though it didn't look that entirely fake. `What a baka! He's a Spirit Detective…how pathetic…' Koenma was jotting notes down on the paper rather quickly.

"Mhmm…and anything about your past, childhood, or anything like that, that you would like to add to your story?" He asked glancing up quickly at her. Kitty tensed from the word childhood and here eyes widened very slightly but she shook her head once.

"No that's all that is worth telling…" She said and a hint of sadness mixed in with hurt was in her voice but would have been expecting it.

"Alright then…now I believe that it is your turn Miss. Heather…" Koenma continued the interrogation as every one looked at her, even Hiei had been listening to Kitty and now was staring at her. Heather looked up at them all,

"Half bread…" She said bluntly and clearly had no intention of saying anything further then that.

"Of what?" Yusuke asked looking her over slightly as though trying to figure it out. Hiei was now starting to look the least bit interested in her story as well.

`They really are pushing it aren't they…' Kitty thought and shook her head so that it wouldn't be noticeable to the people around her.

"Human and Fire kitsune." She answered and started to look slightly uncomfortable from the eyes that were staring at her.

"Okay and anything that you would like to add?" Koenma asked looking at her.

"No…" She shook her head in a childish and shy way, "Nope not uh…nothing that I would like to ad…"

`I didn't think that she would even tell them what kind of hanyou that she was…oh well' She turned and looks at Koenma who was still jotting things down but all eyes stayed on her friend for a few more moments but then turned away.

"Anything else that you would like to pry from us?" Kitty asked and sounded slightly irriteated and the young lord shook his head.

"No that is all…" He said and waved his hand in a dismissive manner.

"You may leave now…" He muttered and the entire group left down the hall back towards the guests rooms.