Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Work, Work, and fight... ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Kurama!” Kitty shouted from her seat on the couch. She held a pen in one hand and was holding a book down in the other while sitting crossed legged on the floor looking at a book filled with hand written notes. Kurama walked to the door with a glass of milk in one hand and a glass of green tea in the other.
“Hm?” He asked and walked over setting both glasses down on the table only a few feet away from Kitty.
“Did we have any homework?” She smiled sweetly at him and he returned the smile while sweat dropping.
“Didn't you write it down?”
Kitty only shook her head and her smile only grew. Kurama let out a small sigh.
“No we didn't have any homework.” He stated and walked over to his bag that was on the floor. “Though I do from previous nights.” Kitty nodded her head, put her books away, and walked over starting to happily drink her milk.
`Hope he has fun with that…' Kitty thought and looked at Kurama who had already started to complete his over due work. `Looks like he is…oh well!' With that thought in mind she put her milk down and snatched the remote from the table before she laid down next to Kurama on the floor. Kitty flipped the TV on and started to skip the channels as she listened to Kurama mumble softly as he continued on his work.
Finally, after a few boring minuets, Kitty stopped on an anime cartoon and watched it intently.
`Apparently, there are these scouts in really short skirts that fight crime…rather interesting…' She continued to watch and often looked at Kurama through the corner of her eye.
“In the name of the moon I shall punish you!” she said randomly and it just so happened to be in unison with the character on the television. Kurama looked up at her from his studies.
“Are you enjoying the show?” He asked with a smile that said that he already knew the answer, but Kitty decided to answer the question despite what shown on his face.
“Yep! Me ish having lots of fun Mr. States the Obvious A lot!” She sounded so happy and cheery when she said that it made the smile on Kurama's grow for reasons that were unknown to him.
`Me like his smile…' Kitty slowly propped herself up on her elbows to get a better look at his smile.
“You know, you have been smiling a lot…”
Kurama looked the slightest bit confused as she said this but did not let it show. “I have?” He asked out loud even though it sounded more like he was talking to himself then the girl that sat beside him. `I didn't even notice…' Kurama thought to himself and, still smiling, went back to his work without another word. Kitty got up and walked back over to the table, took both drinks and handed Kurama's his before sitting back down. The show continued to play on the TV and sucked Kitty's attention into it from the strong boredom that had come over her while Kurama was working.
 
After about an and hour of watching Sailor Moon, which just so happened to be a marathon playing on the TV, Kitty finally got bored and stood up as Kurama's was finishing up the last of his make up school work.
“Where are you going?” Kurama asked not looking up at her. Kitty picked up both the empty cups.
“Just to put the cups away and go and get a shower that's all.” She mentioned and quickly, without thinking, leaned down and kissed Kurama lightly on the cheek, though, as soon as she had done that a mad blush took over her complexion
`What the…did I just do that?' Her thoughts were fast and frantic and she rushed out of the room completely missing the deep blush that had also stained Kurama's cheeks and failed to notice his pencil as it dropped onto the paper out of complete and total surprise. Kitty walked into the kitchen, set the glasses in the sink and started to rush to her room trying to control the flushed look on her face.
`I just kissed Kurama…how could I do that? I didn't even realize that I had done that…what the hell was I thinking? He can't feel that way about me…he just can't and how the hell do I feel that way about him…' Grabbing clothes, she rushed across her room and into the hall to the bathroom shutting the door. Her clothes got placed on the counter and she started to draw a nice hot bath for herself. The steam soon started to rise from the water and fill the air while Kitty mixed bubbles into the water. Kitty could feel the temperature start to rise around her as she undressed and slipped into the water, instantly she started to relax and any thoughts of when she had kissed Kurama all faded from her mind. Resting her back against the tubs edge she closed her eyes and slipped more into the water, feeling the water wash away all of her thoughts and other feelings. After, what seemed like hours, but was only minuets, Kitty felt the darkness engulf all of her mind as she fell into a light sleep.
 
Kitty's eyes snapped open as though there were like a windows shuttered caught up in the strongest of all winds. The water had turned cold by this time and the steam in the air no longer hung around her and the bubbles had all disappeared except for the few stray ones that still lingered randomly in the water.
`What the…' Kitty thought to herself as she looked around the room in search of something. There it was again making her jump in the water a bit, it was the loud sound of a crashing noise, glass hitting the floor and the sound of it shattering into many pieces.
“Huh?” She asked aloud and quickly stood up from the tub and grabbed a towel. Kitty let the water out and started to get dressed. While doing that, there were several other loud sounds that seemed to be coming from the other side of the house and each one made her flinch and worry at the same time.
As soon as she was done she started out of the room leaving the towel spread out across the floor and crept quietly down the hallway like she was in investigation mode.
`I wonder what that was…I mean Kurama's mom is still out…should be for a few days with what she had mentioned when we came home from school…'Kitty stopped at a doorway, the one to the Kitchen and gazed in at the unexpected sight before her. She held back a gasp.
There Kurama was, his whip drawn and had a few scratches on his as he stood before a rather large looking demon. His green skin made him look rather sick and his piercing yellow eyes were staring hard at Kurama with pure determination in them.
“Where is she?” It asked in a low, deep toned voice.
“I will not tell you…” Kurama responded and get ready to slash at the demon but soon spotted Kitty at the doorway.
`Perfect timing for waking up, huh Kitty?' She said to herself and looked at Kurama as he quickly lashed at the demon. She watched the demon as it howled out in pain from the deep gash that has now been cut into its chest and the blood that flowed out from it looked red, yet at the same time, in different lighting, it looked blue. Clutching its chest the demon looked at the wound and, with this spare second, Kurama looked at Kitty in a `run' sort of way. His face looked so seriously, and yet caring at the same moment that she couldn't help but obey what he wanted her to do, even if he didn't just come out and say it.
That's exactly what she did too, she ran, ran straight out the house as the door slammed behind her and started to run to the only place that she could think of, Yusuke's. She remembered where it was from the morning that Kurama had taken her there before they had gone to the mall.
`He better be alright in there…' Kitty's thoughts held worry in them as she raced down the sidewalk, past many baffled looking people, and ran as fast as her legs could carry her though her mind, and what she thought was her heart, were talling her to run back and help him.