Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Left, down, left, right, down, right ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

After waiting in line for their turn for about five minuets, it was finally Kitty's turn to play DDR. She already had her money in her hand and then inserted it into the money slot.
 
`Hmm…where ish my warm up song…” Kitty thought to herself and started to surf through the many songs that were displayed on the screen. She paid close attention to what other songs there were for her other two songs she was going to play. Kurama was standing on the side of the machine, off to the side, watching her every move.
 
`I guess this was a good surprise for her…she needed something to cheer her up a bit…seems that it has worked…'
 
Finally Kitty found the song that she wanted to play which just so happened to be `Can't stop Falling in Love (Speed Mix)'-9 step. She put the mode on heavy and got in her starting position. The music started to then pulse out of the speakers and she danced to the arrows on the screen, concentrating on her footing and on the screen at the same time.
The song had a good beat but as Kurama watched her he seemed to be focused on her skirt as it bounced with every jump that she did on the song.
 
`Youko…don't even think anything…' Kurama thought to himself as he instantly regretted it from all of the perverted comments that come from the fox demon inside of him. Kurama tried to block him out but the lyrics to the song, mainly `Makin' love with you is all I wanna do' the thoughts only got more and more perverted as they went along. Kitty finally ended the song as she immediately looked at the grade so see that she had gotten an A.
 
`Yep! That ish just what I needed for a warm up song…now where is that other song that I wanted…' Kitty searched through the song not realizing the small group of people that had started to swarm around to watch her dance. She chose `Frozen Ray-9 step Heavy' and began to play. Kurama had thought that the perverted comments were over as they slowly faded out but then as he watched Kitty again they only started up as she started doing gallops. Her schoolgirl skirt was bouncing up and down and up and down, though, lucky for her and his sanity, she had a pair of shorts on underneath.
 
Kurama mentally sighed in relief as he also watched the screen and the arrows start to move faster. Further into the song he had watched Kitty do two full 360 degree turns before turning the other way also making two full 360 degree turns as the arrows on the screen went, left, down, left, down, right, down, and so on and so forth. There was a small smile and slight smirk on his face as he watched Kitty show off more by doing the rest of the song backwards, glancing over her shoulder at times at the arrows that were on the screen.
 
When this song ended, there were a lot of whistles, calls, and shouts of encouragement from the group that had formed, though some of the comments weren't all encouragement.
 
“Hey! Do some more songs with more jumps!” One male voice called.
 
“Yeah we love to watch that skirt!”
 
“Take the shorts off!” There were a few male voices that where shouting from different directions in the group as Kurama tensed from the comments. Kitty blushed the slightest bit but it wasn't noticeable from the fact that she was already a little bit red from the lack of air she had received while dancing. Kurama seemed to be scanning the area a bit as Kitty looked through the songs once more. He felt a bit of jealousy inside of him from the comments, though he couldn't figure out why except Youko seemed to have an idea. That idea was that Kurama had started to develop feelings for the girl that he had been spending most of his time with since he met her.
 
`How can I feel this way…? I've never felt like that about any of the girls that I have met before, they always seemed to be the ones that had feelings like this…' Kurama stopped looking as the comments slowly died down and looked back over to Kitty.
 
`Hmm what song to choose what song to choose…oh!' Kitty chose her final song to be `Healing Vision by DE-SIRE - 8 step heavy' as she programmed that in she stepped back onto the platform and got into her dancing position. Every one in the crowd got silent as she started to play, except for a select few people who were talking to one another in whispers.
 
`At least there aren't too many gallops in this song…and no jumps.' Though Youko protested in his head about how her skirt didn't so up as many times, Kurama ignored him and continues to watch her play, not realizing that most of the girls in the crowd where near of next to him. He may have failed to notice it but Kitty didn't as she glanced over at him.
 
`Why is it that everywhere that he goes, there are always girls near him? Sometimes it just makes me want to slap those girls until it is knocked in their heads that Kurama is mine…' Kitty nearly fell over when she realized what her mind had just thought. `How could I just think that? He's not mine…no one would want some one like me, and I know that…But why do I have to think that…I can't wish for him to be mine, that would only be in vain. I'm too worthless for him…too…' Kitty cut herself off as she came to the end of the song and did her show off move like she always did. The arrows on the screen where fourteen down arrows and she knew it, so she hopped on her right foot and spun around about four times making the arrows perfectly just as the song ended. Though every time that she had hopped her skirt has jumped up higher then before making whistles sound out.
 
There were cheers that came from the crowd as she hopped off the of the platform and landed near Kurama, well at least where ever there was room for her. She was sweating slightly and her breathing was a little it off from normal, though she wore a smile on her face.
 
“All done! “ She shouted cheerily as some of the girls, both in the Junior High and the High school, glared at her for being to friendly to Kurama.
 
“Very nice, Kitty.” Kurama said with a smile towards her that made some of the glares deepen. Youko was still making perverted comments in his mind and he had learned to block some of them out, even if some of them where making his cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink. Kitty was paying too much attention to the looks she was getting to even notice and the crowd of boys and girls slowly started to fade out as Kitty and Kurama made their way through what was left of the now small group of teens.
 
“So would you like to get something to drink?” He asked her as they both headed for the door.
 
“Okay su-” Kitty stopped in mid sentence as she felt a slap go across her butt making her stop and turn around sharply only to see a bunch of boys casually standing around with girls mixed in as well making it impossible for her to figure out who was the guilty person. As though sensing what had happened, Kurama also looked around but figured out nothing from the way thatevery one was standing around like they hadn't seen a thing.
 
`It could have been any of them…no use in just beating up all of them…and if I ask them then they will probably just deny it to no end…' Kitty let out a small sigh as she began to walk quickly to the door again, though Kurama was reluctant to follow as he found himself glaring slightly before he started to follow Kitty again. As soon as he got next to her, he draped an arm over her shoulder, opened the door with his free hand, and the two of them left the arcade towards Kurama's house. The entire walk, Kurama was sort of looking around at every one, as though slightly on the edge.
 
Kitty was sort of calm though, like she felt safe with his arm still around her, and safe with him just being there Even though he was there when she was in the arcade. But compared to other things in her life, that was nothing. They stopped at a small convenience store and bought two bottles of soda and then continued to walk home, completely unaware to them about the two people that had followed them the entire time, hiding their energy, and keeping low in the crowd like they were just normal people. It's not like they stuck out because they looked like your average, Junior High school students walking down the street.