Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ angst... ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Koenma looked at the both of them, eyes full of seriousness.
 
“Alright so go on…” Kitty urged, curiosity was starting to get the best of her from wanting to know what the toddler before her was speaking of.
 
“There is two students, one from your school, the other from Yusuke's and company. Their spirit energy has been popping up on my charts rather repetitively they have moves and transferred to your schools. I'm not quite sure about the names, nor what they look like, only where they are.”
 
“Well that is helpful...” Kitty muttered sarcastically earning herself a glare from Koenma.
 
“In other words, you know little about theses two, lets assume, humans, and yet you wish for us to watch out for them though it could be any one around us?” Kurama asked with one of his eyes brows raised slightly.
 
“Way to make us paranoid…” Kitty muttered under her breath before she looked away from Koenma towards the door. By now Koenma had been starting to get annoyed with how everything he said was being twisted against him.
 
“Okay, just watch out at school and try to detect any…energy flaring for lack of words…If you do report it immediately, do not try and hunt it down on your own, I don't wish to have any fights during school when I need the two of you in school for this.” With a nod of their head, Kitty and Kurama left the office and back for the human world.
 
 
Once they arrived back from Spirit world, they immediately went back to Kurama's house for dinner with his mother.
 
“You think there is something that he's not telling us?” Kitty questioned while taking her shoes off at the door.
 
“He has the tendency to do that…” Kurama retorted as he placed his shoes off to the side right next to Kitty's. They both went to the dining room where the table was already set and food was placed on the table. Kurama's mother walked into the room and placed down the last plate.
 
“You are just in time to eat.” She stated with a kind, warm smile on her face. Kurama returned the smile as they all sat around the table and ate. The conversation was kept to a minimum , light talk but there were still a few laughs shared.
 
Everything was delicious and Shiouri was highly complimented on her cooking and the food that she had prepared for them.
 
(A.N.: SP on her name I have nothing to look at for spelling right now…cause well my net ish acting up…stupid thing it hates my guts….just like that damn smiley face and kitty will agree with me on that -_- it hates me when I IM her….and every one else ><;; )
 
:Are you sure you don't need any help cleaning up?” Kitty asked while placing hers and Kurama's plates on the counter beside the sink.
 
“Yes, I think it will do me some good to clean up around here…”
 
“But you just returned from you trip…”
 
“I know that, but I will be leaving soon again, so I think it would be a good idea to help out while I am here. Consider it a small brake for the two of you…” She smiled again at Kitty who only nodded her head hesitantly before walking out of the room and towards the living room where Kurama was. When she entered she immediately walked over and sat beside him on the floor looking at the TV that was, at the moment, turned off.
 
The room was so peaceful with just the lights on and Kurama sitting besides her looking over a book that he was supposed to read a bit of for homework. Everything was dimmed enough to feel as though it was indeed evening and a few candles were even lit, one of which was the light scent of fresh cut roses. The aroma of roses was so intoxicating to Kitty, it was strongly burning from the candle and also coming from the guy beside her, though that was a normal scent, and she found it quite the relaxing thing to smell when stressed out.
 
`He's so normal…nothing like the demon within him…except that he is still sly when it comes to certain things…liking getting away from that Kristen girl…' Just the thought of her name made kitty hiss lightly, for a reason that she did not know, except that she might have feelings for Kurama. But the same thought always chased it away.
 
`No one could ever like me like that…' a heavy sigh escaped her mouth as she tilted her head finally noticing that Kurama was looking at her curiously from the sound of her hiss.
 
“Is there something wrong?” he closed his book and rested it on his lap while never taking his eyes from her.
 
“No just thinking…”
 
“About…?”
 
“That ish for me to know and you never ever to finds out!” Kitty hid her slight sadness with a smile, the only kind of smile that came with a happy mask, a fake happy face that always fooled every one and hid her from showing her pain.
 
“Alright…” The book was then placed on the table beside the couch and Kurama replaced the TV remote in his hands and held it out for Kitty to take.
 
“And I want this why…?” She questioned playing dumb, but acting quite good at it, she was like a future actress.
 
“You not fooling me this time…I know you don't want to just sit here in silence…we both don't need you to start twitching again like a person who belongs in a straight jacket…” As small smirk formed on Kurama's lips as Kitty took the remote, playfully glaring at him as she did. Well, she can fool a lot of people, but Kurama was not one of those easily fooled, as he has proved before in the past.
 
`He's too smart…' Kitty muttered to herself as she turned the TV on and started to instantly flip through the channels. There were so many channels that had the news on it. Eventually Kitty was even able to guess what the news reports where about.
 
“Murder, murder, drug use, celebrity troubles…” the look at list went on and on and finally she gave up and left on a detective, investigation show.
 
“This alright?” She questioned and tilted her head to Kurama who nodded in response. “Okie dokie!” The show was about murders and some of it was even humorous with house the people where trying to cover up their tracks. Half was through the show however, Kitty started to lean on Kurama, her head resting lightly on his shoulder in a relaxed manner. They looked so comfy together as Kurama slipped his arm around Kitty's shoulder and held her in his gently, warm touch. The two of them didn't even realize, nor notice the kind woman, Shiori, standing in the door way peering over the side of the wall at them.
 
“They are so alike…I don't even think that they notice it…” she muttered so lightly, not even the demon with the best of hearing could have heard her. Her smile was so kind towards the to of them and it showed so much glee before she turned around and started to tip toe away towards her own room, just as Kitty lazily closed her eyes and just listened intently to the show.
 
“Are you tired?” Kurama asked in a gently whisper as though not to disturb her incase she was about to sleep on his shoulder.
 
“Naw, I just have a headache from all that whining Koenma did earlier…”
 
“Then you should lay down…it will help your head and I could even go and get you some medication for your headache…” But Kitty shook her head at his offer.
 
“Nope, you're comfy enough…” She instantly regretted that saying as a blush formed on her face. She wasn't the only one blushing from it however, the slightest shade of red also staining Kurama's face.
 
“Well then you can lay you head in my lap…if you wish to…”
 
`What am I thinking…she said she was comfortable and I…” But he didn't finish his thoughts as he was too shocked to hear Kitty say yes to his offer.
 
“Alright then…” The two of them separated and Kurama moved to the end of the couch and soon Kitty's head was resting peacefully in his lap with his eyes once again closed. She let a light, content sigh escape.
 
“Better?”
 
“Much…” She whispered as the sleep started to take over her, not to mention Kurama stroking her hair once and a while was not helping her stay awake. Eventually, she drifted off into a light slumber. The last thing she heard was a soft whisper telling her good night and sweet dreams… Though it was a not a voice she completely recognized, it was deeper but sounded like Kurama's non the less…
 
(A.N.: alright that's is for now cause…well my head is killing me for some reason and even though I am bored as hell I still don't feel like writing since I still have to do my math HW…heh…dumb school, it can burn for all I care…so nice of me you know? Well bai bai and Review if you want to…it always keeps me writing you know… ^^)