Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped With a Fire Demon! ❯ Trapped With A Fire Demon! ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Aikou Yami stood outside her house waiting for the taxi. She knew that the time has come and she wondered if she would make it to the hospital in time. She was at the peek of giving birth and she was disappointed that her husband, Kurama, would be unable to take her because of the assignment that Koenma had given him and the other spirit detectives. She knew he was extremely busy, but his child was soon to be born and he was not even here!

The taxi pulled up and Yami got in. "Town hospital! And step on it!" She ordered the cab driver. She didn't have any sort of conversation with the driver, instead she looked out the window into the dark night sky.

She paid the driver when they stopped in front of the hospital. Getting out, she stood there a moment as the cab drove away. The night air filled her nostrils as she breathed it. She hoped Hoshi and Muzi would be waiting like the said they would. She walked into the hospital and walked up to the front counter. "Minamino Aikou Yami." She said to the women at the front desk. The just glanced briefly at Yami, then rustled through some papers. When se finally found what se was looking for, the women looked up at Yami with a strange grin on her face. "Room 328. On the 13th floor. Good luck with the baby." The women continued playing with her nails.

With this information, Yami turned from the counter and walked toward the elevator. She pressed the `up' button and waited for the elevator to come down. When doors finally did open, she was surprised to see who was inside.

"Hiei! What are you doing here? Don't you have some sort of mission or something?" She asked. Hiei gave her a sideways grin, but said nothing.

The doors shut behind her as she entered the small box. She could feel Hiei's eyes on her and it made her very uncomfortable.

"May I feel it kick?" he asked suddenly. She was caught off guard. Out of the entire eight or so months she has been pregnant, he not once asked to feel the baby kick.

"Uh sure." Hiei placed his hand on Yami's tummy and waited.

"Hmm. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I didn't feel anything. Maybe I should have..."

"Ahhh!" Yami suddenly cried in pain. Hiei's eyes grew wide as he watched her touch her belly and kneel down in pain.

"Well if you turn to your Youko form, maybe it won't hurt..."

"DID I ASK FIR YOUR ADVISE!?" Yami roared as another contraction occurred. Hiei began to get nervous as he looked from Yami to the screen that held what floor they were on. They were only on the sixth floor? If Yami continued, Hiei did not want to know what would happen.

"Hey! Come here!" Yami demanded. Just then the elevator shook and came to a stop. The lights went out and the back up lights came on. "Great! If I have to give birth here you are so dead!"

"Shut up Bitch!" Hiei said suddenly to Yami. He noticed the shock on her face and saw her hand reach for something in her pocket.

"Ohhh... you are going to regret that remark." Yami pulled a tiny stone from her pocket. Hiei grew extremely worried, because it was a moonstone that she held. He watches worriedly as Yami began to transform into Youko Yami.

"Oh Shit!" he mumbled. He quickly turned from Youko Yami and began banging on the elevator door.

"What's the rush? I haven't even started yet." Hiei heard Youko Yami say just as she finishes her transformation. When Hiei turned around he noticed a smirk that laid across Youko Yami's face. "You dare scream at a pregnant women?" She grabs Hiei and throws him across the elevator like a rag doll.

"Yami, please, we can work this out." Hiei pleaded. There was no way he could fight back, not when it was against one of his own friends. His plead did not seen to do any good because he found that Youko Yami's hands were around his neck, He did manage to wiggle his way out of her grasp and felt relief as air rushed into his lungs.

He looked over and noticed that Youko Yami was leaning against the far side with an evil grin on her face. "Having fun yet?" She asked as pain rushed across her face. "My, this child of mine is frisky. Can't wait to come out." Hiei hoped that the elevator would start up again so that he would not have to be trapped in here any longer with her. "But I'm getting rather hungry, I think I'll take a bite." Youko Yami rushed at Hiei and before he could make any sort of reaction, her lips were pressed hard against his. She could feel, as well as sense his confusion.

He pushed her back and looked her over. "What about Kurama?" he asked, not knowing what was going through the female fox's mind.

"Ah, my Kurama. Sly fox he is but I could out wit him anytime. Besides, what's wrong with having a substitute lover when he isn't around, like now?" Nothing usually made Hiei feel afraid, but this was a different matter. How could she possibly `love' him? Didn't Kurama satisfy her? Why was here? Hiei kept asking himself when he noticed that Youko Yami had started to sing and dance. Hiei lifted one of his eyebrows and turned away.

"What's wrong, Hiei, don't you find me attractive?"

"This whole `going into labor" thing has affected your brain." Hiei responded. Youko Yami stopped dancing and looked hard at Hiei.

"You have a lot of nerve talking to a pregnant woman like that!" She roared in rage. Kurama warned Hiei of possible mood swings. But this was ridiculous! Hiei pulled out his sword and tried to pry the elevator door open with it, with little success.

"Someone get me out of here! I'm trapped with a mad woman! A pregnant mad woman!" Hiei cried out, fear swept through his body, and he thought Hoshi was bad.

"Mad woman? MAD WOMAN?" Youko Yami pulled a thorn out and threw it at Hiei. It multiplied to become many thorns. Hiei managed to block some of them, but in such a small area, he was unable to maneuver very well.

This time he tried to escape through the ceiling, but Youko Yami pulled him down and threw a seed up there. Which grew quickly to cover the entire ceiling.

Hiei took some time to recover, but not before Youko Yami lifted him up and thrust him against the wall. "Now there is no escape," she said. There was on thing he had not tried. He lifted his right arm and begun to burn the wrapping. "Do, and you die!" He heard Youko Yami say. "The last thing I want is being burned to death in this elevator." Suddenly, the power came back on and the elevator began to move upward.

Kurama, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Muzi, Hoshi, and Yukina, as well as a group of doctors, stood outside the elevator door, waiting for Yami and Hiei. "So do you thing it's a boy or a girl?" Kuwabara asked Kurama

"Well, I really don't care. As long as the child is as clever as it's parents." Kuwabara turned away, not quite liking his response. They all, again, turned to the elevator when the heard it ring. Kurama noticed a fluffy silver tail as the doors began to open. "Uh I think they were coming up another elevator," he said to the doctors as he stood in their way.

"Hi Yami!" he heard Muzi, Hoshi, and Yukina say in unison. Kurama turned to see Yami (in human form) holding onto what appeared to be a half-dead Hiei.

"Uh... Hi guys," Yami said as she drops Hiei and clutches herself. The doctors rush over and help her onto one of the rolling beds and rushed her into one of the rooms. As she passed, Kurama looked from her to Hiei.

"That's my wife." He follows the doctors into the delivery room.

Hoshi waited until everyone left then walks up to the battered Hiei. She never knew that anyone could beat him up so badly, except for experienced Youkos. She leaned down and passed a finger across a cut that laid on his right cheek. She brought the finger up and licked the blood off.

"Come on, Hiei! You can get up!" She said cheerfully, looking back at him. Hiei moaned ever so painfully as he struggled to get up. Hoshi assisted him and they slowly followed the other into the delivery room. Once in there, Hiei let out a load shriek, and can be seen trying to run out of the room, but was pulled back in by an unknown hand. The door was slammed shut, and the click of a lock could be heard. Hiei's screams continued.