Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble in Tokyo ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary:: Naraku has been defeated but his curse still remains. Is it possible that his soul still lives. Now either Kagome's world or InuYasha's world is in danger of being destroyed forever. And what does the YYH gang have to do with it.

This is a YYH/IY crossover

---

Thunder roared and lightning flashed dangerously close to the gang. The bright midday sun hid its face behind the dark ominous clouds. Rocks trembled and the earth split threatening to swallow up everyone.

A tall dark haired man slowly, almost dramatically, fell to his knees. Grasping his chest Naraku raised his head to the unforgiving heavens above. In a strange demonic sounding language the half demon shouted his final words. A wicked smile formed on his long cruel face as he fell to the hard dirt.

Kagome lowered her readied arrow. Was it true? Was Naraku really dead? A quick glance to her friends was all she needed to answer the questions.

Smiling she joyfully ran over to the defeated body. Her pale hand dug through the baboon costume. Biting her lower lip in concentration Kagome carefully pulled out a shinning pink crystal, the Shikon no Toma. It was nearly completed, only a tiny piece remained. But now, now the Shikon jewel could rest in piece knowing that it was in safe hands.

As if knowing that everything was safe now the sun pushed out from behind the dark clouds. It's radiance shone greater then before. A brightly colored rainbow shot across the sky. Birds chirped and small critters stuck their heads out. Somehow the world knew that is was now a little safer.

---

Back at Kiede's hut the celebrant mood had not dampened.

Smacking on a cherry lollipop Shippo recanted the entire event to the old wise priestess.

Miroku sat in a darkened corner staring at his hand. He too felt overjoyed that Naraku was gone for good but worry still found its way inside of him. His hand, which contained the deadly wind tunnel, felt the same. He still felt the same void where the wind tunnel was. But why was it not gone? He was sure that his hand would return to normal once Naraku was gone.

Kagome, who had been sipping a soda, studied Miroku's face intently. "Are you ok Miroku?"

"It's just should not my hand be all better, I mean the wind tunnel, I mean Naraku's finished. Should not my hand be better." Miroku's eyes traveled from one to another.

Kiede placed another log on the fire before speaking. "Let me see you hand." Miroku showed Kiede his clothed, yet deadly hand. "Hmm, well the only way that could happen is that Naraku's soul is still around."

All motion stopped as five pairs of eyes focused solely on Kiede as she continued, "That would explain the strange light that surrounded the well earlier today." An aged head turned towards the bamboo matted doors as though she were looking right at the well.

"So that means that Naraku is still alive! How!?" Sango's fist slammed against her knee as she thought about her younger brother. She had to watch him die when Naraku took out the jewel shard. She vowed to get revenge for her brother, father and village.

"No Naraku is dead. Does his heart beat, his lungs breath? No, by all means he is dead. I feel that he still has a tiny fragment of the jewel shard and with that he was able to send his soul out before he actually died." Kiede looked over to Kagome, "Place the jewel together and see."

Kagome did as she was told. Her mouth dropped as she stared. The jewel glowed in her hands and slowly fused together, as if by magic. Studying it carefully she nodded, "There's a tiny sliver missing. So that means that he's where, in my time?" Horror registered in her eyes as she thought of her family.

InuYasha stopped stuffing his face. He understood Kagome's plight. Souta, Kagome's kid brother. What happened if...if he were to die. InuYasha had already seen one death of a loved one, never did he want to see that again.

All Kiede did was nod. "But there is more," silence ensued once again, "now that Naraku has gone through the well the barrier spell that had been placed to protect it for centuries is now gone. Anyone from either side can enter and pass through the well. Either our or your world can cease to exist. It is up to you and your friends, Kagome."

Kagome hung her head in defeat. How she wished that this would be the end of it all.

Snacks were abandoned as the words sunk in.

---

"Oh come on Kurama, please." Kuwabara dropped to his knees. "Come on Kurama. You gotta."

The tall red head that was called Kurama turned away from the babbling boy. "Look there is no possible way I can go in place of you for your tests. We look just a little different." Slowly he turned and walked towards the park.

Sighing he shook his head as Kuwabara blabbed on about the tests. "Study tonight. That is all I can say."

That suggestion caused even more grumbling as the two boys went to meet the rest of their friends.

Apparently Koenma had an important and equally tough assignment for them.

--

Ok so how was the first chapter. Give me four reviews and I'll put up another chapter. Sorry it was kinda short but I didn't want to give away too much- leave ya pups in suspense for the next chapter.

Vote for pairings!! Any type will do (conventional, yaoi, yuri). Everyone on the YYH and IY gang are up for grabs. Even these guys- Touya, Jin, Shishi, Chuu, and anyone else you can think of.

All types of voting are allowed. Meaning that you can vote for a pairing up to 5 times (at least for now) in one review (like- Hiei/Yusuke X5). If u go over that amount- for now only five will be counted. Vote as often as you like.

So please read and review and vote.