Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Try My Life! ❯ Try My Life! ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Authoress Note:This is my first “One-Shot”, actually, I’d more like call this a short story. Anyways, it’s written in second person, meaning you’re going to be one of the stars of the story, your co-star is Kurama. Feedback on my story would be nice! Please review, wither it’s good or bad, just comment! Thanks for reading! Enjoy!Disclaimer: I DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OWN THE YU YU HAKUSHO CHARACTERS!!! However, the characters “Gloria”, “Kamine”, “Iruka”, “Azula”, “Kai”, and “Makoto” are MINE!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“For Miss Kakinomoto, another perfect score. Excellent work, as always,” you smile at your Algebra II teacher, Mr. Soto, as he passes Friday’s exams back.
You give your classmate, Minamino Shuichi, a cocky smirk as he glares daggers at you over his shoulder.
His expression changes back to his infamous friendly face as the teacher hands him his test.
“Also, another perfect score, Mr. Minamino. You and Miss Kakinomoto always manage to stay ahead in this class, pretty soon I’ll have to have you both graduated again to the next higher class we have in mathematics. Well done on your test, the both of you,” Mr. Soto says with pride.

BRRRRIIIIIINNNG!

The school bell rang, signaling the beginning of lunch. You gather up your stuff and head out the classroom, but give an evil glare to Shuichi-- who was still gathering his things-- before existing out the door.
He rolls his eyes at your back and left his desk at the front of the class.


You sat in one of the highest branches in your favorite tree, your pine tree let you escape from all the popular kids and the annoying chatter of everyday conversations among groups of friends.
You sat in this tree everyday during lunch with your friend.

“Hey, Gloria,” said best friend, Narita Makoto, climbs up onto the large branch next to you and sits down, “You interested in trading lunches with me? I have wantons and egg flower soup.”
“Sure,” you say and give him your lunch of sushi and mixed vegetables.
“Ah! Sweet!” Makoto says as he bit down into a riceball, he glances over at you to see you were gazing out into space, the smile from his face shrinks and he speaks softly, “Gloria? Gloria, are you okay?”
“Hmm?” You snap out of your deep thoughts, “Sorry, Makoto, were you talking to me?”
“Yeah,” he swings his legs over onto your large branch and scoots close to you so he could hug you from the side, “You okay? You seem out of it for some reason. You only stare out space out when you’re upset or you’re in really deep thought on something. You feeling ok?”
He places the back of his hand on your forehead to see if you had a fever.
“I’m fine,” you sigh and pull his hand away, he looks at you with concern in his eyes as you continue, “I’m just a little worried, that’s all. The acceptance exams for Luna University are coming up, if I don’t pass the test, I won’t be able to get in. Luna’s the best University in all of Tokyo, only the smartest and/or most creative students get accepted there, and you know how badly I’ve wanted to go there. Ever since I was little, it’s been my dream. But, what if I mess up? What if I don’t get accepted? What if I miss a question that will deem me the stupidest person on earth?! What if--”
You were cut off by Makoto placing his finger over your mouth, “Would you quit that already? You’re going to do fine. Better than fine, you’re going to do great on that test and become the best student that ever graduated from Luna University.

“Have a little more faith in yourself, you’re not as stupid as you think you are. You know it, I know it, the whole school knows you’re the next genius in this world. Why else do you think pretty boy, Shuichi, finds you as a threat at school?”
He pat your head reassuringly, “Just chillax, okay. You and I have been best friends since we were in diapers, you’re like a little sister to me, and have I ever lied to you about something like this before?”
“No,” you say, feeling better from his little lecture.
“Alright then,” he says as he went back to his playful self, “Now, stuff your face so we can get to the school library and get you prepared for that test!”
You smile and eat your lunch, pushing away all your worries for now.


&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&


“Okay, you go to Mrs. Haruko and get that book on American History and Arts, I’ll go check out those other books we need,” Makoto points to the librarian then to the book racks as he spoke.
You give a nod of the head then walk over to the counter, “Um...Excuse me, Mrs. Haruko?”
The middle aged woman with wavy black hair and a pretty face, looks over her slim silver glasses with cheery hazel eyes and gives you a warm smile, “Gloria, it’s nice to see you again. How are you doing today? Did you do well on Friday’s Algebra exam? You were studying in here so hard for it, I’m sure you did.”
“I’m doing fine, and yes, I received a perfect score on the exam,” you give her a friendly smile.

You spent a lot of time after school in the library reading from the large selection of books or reading your favorite Manga that you would get from the local bookshop. You and the librarian were close friends because of it.

“That’s wonderful!” She exclaims in a slightly, loud whisper, “Now, what can I do for you today?”
“I was wondering if I could check out that book on American History and Arts, I need it to study for Luna’s Entrance Exams,” you point to the book on a rack behind the counter.
“*Gasp* Luna University?! You’re going to Luna!” Mrs. Haruko bubbles over with joy.
“Going to try to that is,” you say in hopes to calm her down and not gather anymore attention from the student librarians, “I need that book though if I’m going to pass the essay question.”
“Oh, right! Right!” She remembers her duties and turns to go get the book.

At the same time Mrs. Haruko moved, the student librarian on the other side moved to the rack as well, this reveals a shocked looking red-head on the other side. The two of you glare lightning bolts at each other as you both walk around the counter to meet each other half-way.
“Shuichi,” you stare at him, using a cold tone.
“Gloria-chan,” he stares back.
“Don’t try to sound polite, pretty boy!” You sneer at him, “You may be the heart throb here and have every other girl drooling waterfalls over you, but not me! So save your gentleman act for one of your fans. You’re wasting your time here!”
“I couldn’t agree with that more,” he refers to your last sentence, “I’ll be gone in a moment, I just need that American History and Arts book for an Entrance Exam I’m going to take at Luna University. You know, a school for intelligent people?”
“Oh, really? Then why are you going there?” You place your hands on your hips as you give him a triumphant look, he narrows his eyes at your comment, “Besides, you can’t have that book.”
“Oh. And why’s that?” He asks, as if surprised you’d pick up a book outside of class.
“Because I need that book to study for Luna’s Entrance Exams,” you say, “You’ll just have to go somewhere else to get it, I was here first. Maybe if you’re lucky, one of your fans might have a copy and be willing to trade for a date, that shouldn’t be too hard since there’s over a thousand of ‘em. ”
“Or perhaps you can beg your father to buy you the book at a store. Or is he unfeeling like you and doesn’t care?” Shuichi retorts before he realized what came out of his mouth.
Ouch... Yoko winces from the remark, feeling actually ashamed of Shuichi.
You lower your head and turn on your heel, you glance at him over your shoulder with tears brimming, “Don’t ever speak about my family again, Minamino. For you know nothing about them...just like you do me.”

You then run out of the library as Makoto comes back with the books in time to see you go.
“Gloria-chan? Gloria!” He turns and glares menacingly at Shuichi, his words bitter and harsh, “What did you do, Minamino?!”
He set down the books and went running after you.


(Outside)

“Damn him! Damn him to hell!” You say and kick the side of the campus gate, wiping the tear that fell out of the corner of your eye, “Stupid Minamino! Arrgh! Why do I let him get to me like this?!”

“Gloria-chan! Gloria!” Makoto’s yelling is heard as he exits the library, “Where are you?”
You crouch down and hide behind some bushes, not wanting to be seen now.
“Gloria!” Makoto’s voice fades as he passes by your hiding spot and ran across the campus, trying to find you.

You pop your head up when you were sure he was gone, you dust yourself off and turn to go back inside the camps to grab your things and ditch the rest of school, but you ran into something when you turned.
“Sorry,” you mumble, not looking up.
“No. I’m sorry,” an all too familiar voice responds.
You snap your head up and glare, “You! Haven’t you done enough for one day?!”
You go to run away, but he grabs your wrist; you struggle and yell, “Let go!”
“No,” he states, “I came out here to apologize for what I said before, it was wrong of me to say, and I’m sorry.”
“Yeah, I’m sorry you can’t think before you act, too,” you retort, still struggling from his firm grip.

“Why do you hate me so?” He unexpectedly asks, not willing to let you escape so easily.
“Well, Kurama, let’s name the reasons, shall we?” A harsh, unfamiliar voice breaks in.
“Gloria-chan, get behind me,” Shuichi orders, reaching into his hair for something.
“What’s--” you start, but he cuts you off and shoves you behind him.
“Don’t argue and do it!” He snaps, surprising you with his tone; even in your ongoing bickering, you never heard him use such a harsh voice.

You peer around Shuichi’s body to see a seven foot tall man with bright blue, long hair, piercing crimson eyes, and three horns sticking out of his forehead; quite handsome, but all the same, quite deadly looking.

“Nobaku,” Shuichi’s cold, unfeeling voice penetrates the thick air.
“Fox,” he replies, just as cold.
“Fox?! Feh, his ego is bigger than I thought. Considering he’s got people to call him ‘fox’,” you roll your eyes.
Shuichi pulls a rose out from his hair.
“What are ya gonna do, Shuichi, ask him out on a date to prevent us from being killed?” You sarcastically think, “Though, this proof of him being gay explains a lot.”
Shuichi’s rose turns into a long, thorny whip.
Your eyes go wide in shock, “Strike that last thought.”

“Ooh. Who’s the pretty, little vixen, Kurama?” Nobaku tilts his head to the side to look at you, “She your soon-to-be mate?”
Hmm...Not a bad taste in women, I see,” Yoko remarks.
“Now’s not the time, Yoko!” Shuichi shoots back.
Your mouth makes a big “o” shape and you anime fall at this, “First of all, what are you talking about as a mate?!We’re not an animals! Second, why the hell do you keep calling him Kurama? And lastly, I don’t want anything to do with him, let alone be his ‘mate’, as you put it.”
“Good to hear. So you won’t feel bad when I kill him,” Nobaku smiles devilishly.
“When you wha-?” You stare in surprise at his words, while he shoots a energy ball from his hands.
Shuichi leaps to your side and picks you up bridal-style, moving you out of the way of Nobaku’s attack.

He places you down in the abandoned park across the street, then turns around, drawing his whip again as the charging Nobaku jumps over the locked, park gates.
“You can’t run forever, Kurama,” he pulls out this bizarre looking gun from his black trench coat and aims it at Shuichi.
Your mind races, “Great! I’m going to die because Minamino has freaky, psychopath enemies! Well, I’m not going down so easily!”

You pick up a forked stick and pull the rubberband out of your hair, positioning it as a slingshot and grab a couple large rocks, placing it on one end of the band and let it fly to meet its target: the underside of Nobaku’s right wrist. Thus preventing him from firing the shot intended for Shuichi.
Shuichi, move! Before she gets hurt!” Yoko demands of his human half, who’s frozen in shock.

You then leap up in the air and go to give him a round house kick to the head, but he turns the gun towards you and shoots before you are in range.
All your energy immediately leaves you as your body falls back onto the grass with a “thump”.

Shuichi’s shock from your aggressiveness, just now melts away, after you’ve been hit.
Shuichi! Why didn’t you move?!” Yoko yells in his mind.
He curses himself mentally for letting something so careless happen, then charges at Nobaku with rose whip swinging rapidly overhead; secretly angry at himself and Nobaku.
“A bit late for that, aren’t we?” Nobaku laughs lightly and swiftly dodges a series of Shuichi’s attacks; then shoots at him with several more energy balls, but neither opponent manages a blow.

Nobaku pulls out a sword and slashes Shuichi’s right arm, he grunts in slight pain, but continues fighting around your soulless body.
“You’re fighting is lacking, Kurama. Is it that your mind is too clouded with guilt for letting the ningen die so easily?” Nobaku questions with a smirk.
Shuichi’s eyes flicker with annoyance and even a hint of anger before lashing out again at Nobaku.
“Don’t worry, Kurama, you’ll be joining her momentarily. Perhaps your guilt will be lifted then,” the demon rapidly shoots his gun in Shuichi’s direction.
Suichi dodges it at the last moment while a tree root springs to life and drives itself through Nobaku’s chest.
“Ugh!” He lurches forward and coughs up blood as the root recoils itself out of his heart.
Shuichi stands over the fallen demon, his eyes having a hint of gold, “I believe they’re waiting for you in hell.”
“Don’t count...your chickens yet...fox...” Nobaku smirks and fades to the Spirit World.

Shuichi turns in time to see a beam of light come at him, the same beam that was shot moments ago from Nobaku’s gun.
Shuichi is plowed into the grassy earth and his eyes slowly close with the aggravating pain, thinking his last, “It must have ricochet off the surrounding building’s windows...This is what I get for being stupid and letting her die...”
Yes, I agree. You’re an idiot for letting us both
die,” Yoko’s image starts to fade inside his mind.


&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


“Gloria! Gloria-chan! Wake up!” Makoto shakes your body, “Damn it, woman, wake up!”
Your eyes open slowly and stare at the red-haired boy, who had just slapped your face.
You wince in pain, but disregard it due to your surroundings, “This isn’t where I fell. I fell over--”
“HOLY CRAP!!!” A yell comes from behind that makes the two stare, “I’M A DUDE!!!”
“You’re just now realizing this, Minamino?” Makoto dryly and sarcastically states, raising an eyebrow while holding you in his arms.
“That’s the problem, Makoto, I’m NOT Minamino Shuichi! I’m Kakinomoto Gloria!” The red head jumps to his feet and rushes over, shaking the teen in a panic.
“Yeah, uh-huh...And I’m the Sugar Plum Fairy,” Makoto lets go once your feet were firmly on the ground, while trying to release the fist securely fastened on his shirt collar.
“No! I AM Gloria! Ask me something only I would know!” The hand let go of his shirt while the owner anxiously awaited for the question.
“You’re serious, aren’t you?” Makoto cocks a brow.
“No, I just thought we’d play a quick game of Twenty Questions; yes, I’m serious!”
“Okay, okay. Um...How did we meet?” Makoto asks.
“We were toddlers, how the hell am I suppose to remember?! All I know is, my mom put me in a crib and your mom put me in the same one; according to our parents, you pulled my hair and I hit you with my teddy bear, then we both started playing like nothing ever happened,” is the reply.
“Hmm...And what do we do on Thursdays?” He asks.
“It depends on the weather and the activities done at school. Anywhere between watching movies, to going to the arcade, to doing wrestling in the backyard,” the guy folds his arms across his chest with his emerald eyes closed.
“What’s my middle name?” Makoto was sure he’d end the hoax then and there.
“Taru,” is the smug reply.
“Oh my god...You are Gloria!” Makoto’s eyes bug out at this.
“Told ya,” you say.
“Then you’re--” Makoto points at your body.
“Suichi,” your voice sounds off.
“Change. Her. Back!” Makoto demands while shaking your body fiercely.
“I can’t,” Shuichi defends.
“Why not?!” The two of you yell at him.
“Because I have no idea how we ended up like this...well,” your body’s thumb rests on your chin in thought, “It could have been that beam from that gun...Even if that was the case, I don’t know how to reverse its effects. For now, anyways.”
“Well figure out how, damn it! I want my body back!” You yell at “yourself”.
“Don’t you think the feeling is mutual?” Shuichi, in your body, replies with a hint of sarcasm.
Greeaat...in the meantime we’re stuck in her body,” Yoko says more to himself than Shuichi, his ears perk up though quickly, Actually...this might not be so bad after all.”
“Yoko!”
Shuichi scolds mentally.

“Um, guys...” Makoto is the one to break the stare down between the two of you, “This ain’t going to help. You guys should get some basics on each other’s everyday lives and go on pretending you’re the other, that is, until Shuichi can figure out what’s going on.”
“Since when did you become the voice of reason?” You question.
“Since now,” he replies.
“He does have a point, though,” Shuichi/you points out.
“Fine,” you/Shuichi huffs and fold your arms across your chest.


[A/N: When I say Shuichi/you, Yoko/you, or Kurama/you that means Shuichi, Yoko, or Kurama in your body; when I say you/Shuichi, you/Yoko, or you/Kurama that means you inside Kurama’s body. Once you’ve gotten whom I’m talking about, I’ll say “he”,“you”,“Shuichi”, etc. Hope I don’t confuse you all.]


&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&


“Cur few by eleven; mother works ‘til eight; chores list on the refrigerator; and your room is on the top floor, second door on the right, correct?” You/Shuichi repeat back the basic knowledge of his life.
“Correct. You’ll find a picture of my friends in my night stand’s drawer, you might be running into them soon. Hopefully, we can explain to them the situation, before something else happens,” Shuichi/you says, “So, what about your life?”
“Curfew by ten o’clock. Mom works until six and Dad works until eleven at night. Help with dinner, keep my room clean, water the plants, clean up all the rooms, wash the floors, and do the laundry,” you/Shuichi begins, “You’ll find my room up in the attic area. There’s a string you pull in the middle of the upstairs hallway, it’ll pull down some stairs for you to climb up into. Just don’t open the red door up there! Got it?”
A few chores, I see,” Yoko says sarcastically.
Shuichi/you nods to you, both of you finishing your walk through the abandoned park.
“Words of advice,” you/Shuichi say rather seriously and sternly, “Let my little brother have his way, always be on time for dinner, and don’t make my father mad. Just obey whatever you’re told immediately and be on your best behavior.”
Shuichi is slightly confused by this, but nods again, affirming he heard you.

“So, Shuichi?” You ask after a few minutes of silence.
“Yes?” He replies, looking at you with your chocolate brown eyes.
“What was that thing you used on that Nobaku guy? And how did you do it?” You question.
Yoko cocks an eyebrow, watching from inside Shuichi’s...er, your mind, wondering what he’ll say next.
Shuichi gave a nervous laugh, which sounded weird, considering it was your laugh, “Perhaps we should worry about that later, for now, we should just worry about the current matters at hand.”
“In other words: It’s a big secret and you don’t want me to know or don’t want to bother to explain,” you supply.
“It’s rather a lengthy explanation, and I’d rather not go into it just yet. I’ll tell you later, though, when need be or the time is right,” Shuichi promises.
“Okay,” you shrug, walking out of the park into the streets.

“Perhaps...” Shuichi broke the silence, after pointing out his house moments ago, “We should have lunch together tomorrow to figure things out more.”
“I...guess...” you say, a bit reluctantly.
Shuichi sighs heavily, knowing he’s not going anywhere, and remains silent the rest of the walk.

“Here we are: 173 Sakura Ave.,” you/Shuichi stop in front of your home, you point out the different keys on your key ring and he does the same to you, then you turn and leave him.


“Well, here we go,” Shuichi/you takes a deep breath and enters your home, taking off your shoes at the door, and heads up to your room.
This will be interesting,” Yoko says, watching with interest what will be happening over the near future.
“Yo, Gloria-chan! What took ya so long?!” Your little brother, Kai, opens up his door as Shuichi passes by in the hall, “Mom’s gonna be pissed if you don’t finish your chores before she gets back, and that’s less than an hour and twenty minutes. You’re gonna get in trouble! You’re gonna get in trouble! You’re gonna get in trouble!”
Annoying, isn’t he?” Yoko growls from inside.
“There’s still plenty of time,” Shuichi/you states, secretly agreeing with his demon half, and turns back around to go find a mop and bucket to do the floors.

He wanders around the bottom floor to try to find where the supplies were, finally finding it in a small closet in the kitchen by the pantry.
He fills the bucket with water and pours in the cleanser, bracing his nose for the harsh chemical smell, but he quickly remembered when it’s not as bad, “ So, this is what it’s like to not have to hold your breath whenever you clean...I could actually get used to this.”
Ditto! For once, we won’t get a large migraine from your cleaning obsessions,”
Yoko remarks.
“I’m not obsessive about it!” Shuichi yells inwardly.

He scrubs all the floors to where they actually shine, then hurries up the stairs and quickly cleans up all the rooms, while the laundry is going downstairs.
He fills the watering can and proceeds around the home to tend to the plants.
“Poor thing,” he finishes watering one plant, which was starting to turn brown from lack of sunlight.
He moves it over a bit to get some sun and raises his hand over it focusing his energy.
Umm, Shuichi. Hello! We can’t do that anymore, remember?” Yoko’s voice rings through his head.
Shuichi lowers his hand and chuckles lightly at himself,“Right...almost forgot. Perhaps some other time.”

He finishes a few minutes before your mom comes home, placing the folded laundry away in everyone’s rooms --based on what belonged to whom-- and pulling on the string attached to the ceiling on the second floor.
Climbing up the stairs a bit exhausted, he still manages to tidy up your room a bit before falling onto your bed for a little rest.
“GLORIA!” The sudden yell made him jump a bit, as he sits up he hears the yell again, “GLORIA, ARE YOU GONNA HELP ME WITH DINNER?”
“COMING, MOTHER!” Your voice rings as Shuichi comes out of your room.
“‘Mother’? Since when do you call her anything but ‘Mom’?” Kai cocks an eyebrow before cutting in front of him and running down the stairs to greet his mom.
“I’ll have to make a note of that,” Shuichi thought out loud before following your younger brother into the kitchen.

“So, how was school, honey?” Your mother asks as Shuichi/you stands alongside her and chops up vegetables.
“Fine. I...uh...got an ‘A’ on my Algebra II test,” Shuichi says, trying to remember anything and everything he happened to see you do today, before ending up like this.
“Mmm, that’s good,” she smiles while frying up some meat, “Did you finish your chores?”
“Yes,” he replies.
Barely,” Kai emphasizes, sitting on a stool by the counter, “She came home late with some boy, who wasn’t Makoto.”
“A boy?!” Your mother stops what she’s doing and looks at Shuichi/you, “A boy walked you home?”
Yoko’s curiousosity has now peeked a little from her surprised tone.
“Um...yes,” Suichi grows a bit nervous, not knowing by her look if this was a bad or good thing.
“It’s about time!” She exclaims, “I always told you you need to branch out more, and now, you’ve finally gotten yourself a boyfriend!

“So, what’s his name? How did you meet? Where did you? Have you two already gone out yet? *gasp* You’ve already had a date, haven’t you? Without telling your mother! I’m so ashamed of you, Gloria, hiding such a big secret from me!”
“Gloria’s got a boyfriend! Gloria’s got a boyfriend! Gloria’s got a boyfriend!” Kai sings/chants, making kissing noises as he leaves the kitchen.
Shuichi can hear Yoko snickering on the inside at this.
“Actually,” Shuichi/you say to your mom, a light blush tickling his cheeks at this awkward thought, “He’s just a friend of mine. He offered to walk me home today.”
“Oh,” she tilts her head, “What about Makoto? Didn’t he walk you home like always?”
“No, he had to get home early today,” Shuichi replies.
“I see. Well, I want to meet this new friend of yours, anyways, so invite him over for dinner this Friday,” she says.
“Um...okay,” Shuichi says, not sure whether or not the situation will last this long.


&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&


(With You/Shuichi)


“At least I won’t have Kai bothering me,” you/Shuichi think aloud as you head into the kitchen to see your chores list, “Hmm...not much...Do laundry and vacuum the floors. Wow, he hardly does anything...Then again...”
You look around the house as you find your way to the laundry room, “This place is pretty neat and clean.”

You start loading the dirty clothes into the wash machine, then pour the soap inside.
Your nose twitches and a sharp electrical signal is sent to the brain, saying how strong the aroma is, “Oh man! I don’t remember this brand being so strong.”
You hold your breath and finish the load.

You pull the vacuum out from the cleaning closest and plug it in, wincing a bit at the unexpected, louder-than-usual sound, “Damn, his senses are sensitive. What next? Can he see through walls?”

You vacuumed all the rooms in the house, then grab Shuichi’s book bag and head up to his room.
“Should have figured his room would be so perfect looking,” you scoff and sit at his desk to do his homework.
You start to do his chemistry, “Holy-! What the heck does this guy do?! Secretly work for NASA or something?”
You struggle through the first few problems, then all of the sudden, things come to you and you fly through all the work.
“Whoa...I think I finally accessed his brain and it started working for me...Guess I was trying to think with my own head, but I’m just my own soul and this is his body and mind,” you muse out loud, “Cool.”

The rest of your homework went by quickly, with his brain and the memories of your transferred spirit, you completed it all.
“I think I’m suppose to be making dinner,” you say as you walk down the stairs, noticing it was almost seven o’clock.
You peer into the refrigerator and pull out some ingredients, “I guess I can make some Miso soup and riceballs.”
You hurry to finish everything before Shuichi’s mother arrives.

“Shuichi, I’m home,” you hear the car approach before the sweet, kind voice echoes through the homey house.
“Welcome home, Mom,” you/Shuichi reply as a young looking woman with raven hair enters into the kitchen.
She seems a bit surprised at your title for her, but shrugs it off with a bright, cheery smile, “Ooh, it’s smells wonderful, Shuichi.”
“I just hope it will taste as good, considering I rushed my cooking,” you think as you smile back, “It should be done in a few moments.”
“Wonderful! I’ll see you in the other room, then,” she leaves.

“How was your day at school, Shuichi?” Mrs. Minamino Shiori asks sweetly.
“Good,” you/Suichi simply reply.
“What did you do today?” She asks, almost sounding like she was unsatisfied with your previous answer.
“Um...” you thought frantically, “I had a chemistry lab in class today,” silently thanking the heavens Makoto had the same science class as Shuichi, and the rest of the classes--except photography-- you had with him, “English class had a poetry assignment and History had a pop quiz.”
“How did you do on it?” By her voice, she already knows, but wants to hear from her son how he did.
“An ‘A’, as always,” you/Shuichi smile, but frown in disgust on the inside.
“Shuichi!” His mother frowns with a scolding tone, “You know it’s impolite to boast like that. That’s so unlike you...Are you feeling okay, sweetie?”
“Honestly, mother,” you set down your chopsticks, “I have been better. Forgive me. I’m going to go to my room.”
You bow and take your dishes to the kitchen, but say before disappearing completely, “Forgive me for my rudeness earlier, Mother.”
She just nods and watches you with worry for your health and well-being as you leave.

“So he’s always so nice because of his mother, huh? So it wasn’t just a flirtatious act of some sort,” you say as you lie on Shuichi’s bed and stare at the ceiling, “I suppose I should apologize or something to him for that thought.”
You yawn loudly and roll over to your side, “Well, tomorrow’s going to be another day of weirdness. Wonder what it’ll bring.”


&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Well, you’re punctual,” you/Shuichi say as Shuichi/you stands waiting by the school gates.
“I always try to be, anyways,” he smiles at you.
“Sorry,” you shake your head from a daze, “I just can’t get over the fact of watching my body do stuff without my say so.”
“Don’t smile much?” He asks half-jokingly.
“Depends, only around Makoto and my mom, but not around you,” you reply.
“Oh...” Shuichi/your face drops a bit at this.
“Well...” you start, for some reason you feel kinda bad about saying that, even though you’ve said worse stuff around him, “We don’t know each other, so what did ya expect?”
He doesn’t reply, but it looks like it did the trick in perking him up a bit.

“ShUICHI-KUUUUUN!” A high pitched voice sings.
You/Shuichi turn your head in time to see a crowd of females rushing towards you.
“Good morning, Shuichi-san! Did you sleep well last night? How is your morning so far?” The head girl of the “Shuichi-Fan-Club”, Mayu, has her face right in front of yours, batting her long eyelashes in efforts to somehow seduce you.
“My morning would be great if you and the others would jump off the school rooftop. God, I hate his fan-girls! They’re so annoying!” You think, but force yourself to smile and pretend to be Shuichi, “Fine, thank you.”
Mayu smiles wider at this, but fades when she spots your body standing behind you.
She points rudely at Shuichi/you, “Who’s she?”
“I’m Kakimoto Gloria. I go to school here,” Shuichi/you replies with a small bow.
“Oh right...Gloria,” she nods with the fakest smile ever, pretending to care, then turns back to you, “How ‘bout we have lunch together, Shuichi-kun?”
You step away, resisting the urge to laugh at her request, “Sorry, but I already have plans today. I’m eating lunch with Gloria-chan.”
“Her?!” Shuichi’s fans say at once, all pointing to Shuichi/you.
“But--But...She’s not nearly as pretty as me,” Mayu whines, “Why would you want to eat with her?”
“Yeah,” some of the girls chorus.
“Besides, I thought you hate her. May I remind you, she is always trying to show you up in school, even though it’s a pointless attempt because you’re the smartest person here,” another girl chimes in.
This oughtta be interesting,” Yoko folds his arms and watches the scene with interest, while Shuichi prays you’ll do nothing rash.
You fight with all your might not to slap these girls for insulting you like that, you take a mental deep breath, “It’s true she doesn’t look like you, but she’s very thankful for that for you put on way too much makeup and wear ridiculous outfits outside of school. That, and her body is real.”
Suichi eyes go wide and he wanted to rip you away right there, but you kept going.
Oooh, this is fun,” Yoko smirks, Cat fight!”
“In our
body!” Shuichi says, “I’m so glad you find this amusing, though.”
Shhh! It’s starting to get good,”
Yoko says, trying to quiet him while you were still speaking.
“...I’m not the only intelligent person here, though. After all, you said yourself, Gloria-chan is always competing with me, it’s because she’s as smart as me,” you/Shuichi say.
“No, it’s because she’s jealous of you. You’re so popular and cool and kind and hot; everything she’s not,” Mayu says, giving Shuichi/you a nasty look, “Look at her, she’s at the bottom of the social ladder. The only way to feel important is to dream she can possibly be your equal.”
She laughs along with the other girls and leaves, not before giving you/Shuichi a wink, “See you later, Shuichi-kun!”

You clench and unclench your fists in anger, fighting the urge to want to shove her the next time you see her.
“Was all that really necessary? You’re supposedly me, remember?” Shuichi/you says.
You whirl around and glare at him, to which he takes a step back, “I had to do it cause you’re doing a poor job being me by not defending myself. When you act like me, I’ll act like you.”
“I never realized how creepy that glare is,” Shuichi/you thinks as he slowly follows you to your locker.
We’re not the ones on the other end of it, though,” Yoko points out.
“True...” Shuichi agrees.

You watch in amusement as Shuichi/you is having difficulty opening your locker.
Since it’s one of the old ones, it’s nearly impossible to open, unless you know the right tricks; but you were enjoying this too much.
“Give up?” You ask with your arms folded and your back against the lockers next to him.
He sighs heavily, “Yes, this is impossible.”
“Not really,” you smirk in finding something you know that he didn’t.
You take a hairpin out of your pocket and jam it into the lock, twisting and turning it here and there. You step back and bang on the lower part of both of the hinges, then push the locker door in, it bounces to life and opens up upon release. All this taking less than twenty seconds.
Impressive,” Yoko nods his head in approval, while Shuichi blinks in surprise.
“Ta da,” you say, “You’ll get used to it. Pretty soon you’ll be as fast as me, especially when you find all your classes are far away from here. Either that, or carry a lot of books at one time.”


&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&


“You’ve got crazy friends,” you/Shuichi say suddenly at lunch under a Sakura tree.
Shuichi/you sweatdrops at this, “Oh...Why do you say that?”
“The dude with the orange hair, Kuwabara, kept giving me weird looks while I was walking to school this morning, but he talked a lot about some ‘mission’ thingy. Couldn’t really tell, his mouth was moving too fast and he and your other friend, Yusuke, got into a fist fight before he could finish,” you explain.
“Yes, well,” Shuichi hides his nervousness, “He does tend to say some odd things, it probably was nothing of importance.”

You’re about to take another bite out of your lunch when a flash of silver comes in your vision, you see a katanna at your throat and the short, spiky, black haired boy from Shuichi’s picture glaring at you with crimson eyes.
“Hiei! Don’t!” Shuichi/you yell at him.
Hiei turns his head in that direction, but doesn’t lower his sword.
“The girl and I’ve switched bodies, that’s why our auras are different,” Shuichi explains.
Hiei puts away his sword, “What of the fox? Is he with you or...her?” He points behind him at you.
“Me,” Shuichi/you says.
“The ray gun,” Hiei more states than asks.
Shuichi/you nods, “Originally to separate the soul from the body and send it to a void realm of darkness, but the gun was slightly damaged from one attack and only managed to separate our souls.”
“What does she have to do with it, though?” Hiei glares at you/Shuichi in disgust, to which you respond to folding your arms and sticking out your tongue, he narrows his eyes even more at this.
Shuichi sighs before continuing, “She was hit with it, as well. It appears our souls went into the wrong body when Nobaku died, therefor, his energy source was cut off from fueling the gun properly.”
“So, that ice demon is responsible for this mess,” Hiei says, “I thought you were smart enough to not get yourself into something so absurd. I can understand the weak-minded ningen, but you are a different story.”
“Hello! Right here!” You wave your arms, standing up to face him head on.
“Your point?” Hiei asks uncaring.
You growl and punch him dead in the face, sending the surprised demon back quite a ways.
She managed a blow on Hiei!” Yoko stares at you in shock, while his human half has the same look on his face.
“This might not end so well,” Shuichi says.
“You little-!” Hiei wipes the blood trickling down the corner of his mouth, he pulls out his katanna and in a flash has you on your back with the blade back at your throat again.
“You won’t do it,” you say confidently.
Hiei stares at you with wide eyes and pushes the blade closer, “What?!”
“Think about it, if you kill me, you’ll kill your friend’s body; leaving him trapped in mine or killing him as well. If you attack my body, you might just kill him. If you just attack either one of our bodies, we might change back before the wounds are healed and your friend could be in pain,” you say.
Hiei growls, but lowers his weapon and takes his foot of your chest, sheathing his sword again, “Hn.”

“Uh...” Shuichi/you stand up, “Perhaps we should discuss this later, Hiei.”
“Don’t I have a say in this? My body and soul is affected here too, you know? I wanna know what you guys are talking about and why everyone refers to you as Kurama or mentioning something about a fox!” You/Shuichi yell at them.
“Feh,” Hiei disappears to leave you both alone.
“I guess it can’t be avoided anymore,” Shuichi sighs while running fingers through your hair, “You see--”
The lunch bell rings loudly and Makoto comes bounding up to you two.
“There you guys are! I’ve been looking for you all lunch period,” he says while helping you both up, “So, how’s it going so far?”
“Way too weird for me,” you/Shuichi reply and head indoors.
Shuichi/you walks alongside of you, “I guess we’ll talk later.”


&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Shuichi!” A harsh whisper sounds outside his window, “Shuichi! Open up, now, damn it!”
“Wha-?” Shuichi/you crawl out of bed to open the window, but it bursts open before he got half-way there.
“Start. Explaining. NOW!” You/Shuichi grip onto the pajama shirt he has you wearing.
Suichi blinks in surprise when he sees you in his demon form.
Wha-...*yawn* What’s...Oh,” Yoko wakes up inside of Shuichi/your mind, realizing what’s going on, Perhaps we should have explained the full moon to her earlier, and everything else for that matter.”
“Not my fault her mom dragged me away to go shopping after school before I could explain!”
Shuichi defends.

The full moon outside floods into your room and reflects of “your” now silver hair, while your tail and ears flicker in slight annoyance.
“I’m waiting,” you/Shuichi say, pulling up a chair next to the edge of the bed.
Shuichi gives in and goes into the lengthy explanation of the three worlds, his days of being Yoko Kurama, how he became a human, and how he’s now working with the Spirit Detective, Uremeshi Yusuke.

“So, you’re really a fox demon?” You repeat when he was finished.
“Yes. The proof is in the mirror, so to speak,” he replies.
“Well, this explains a lot!” You say, then rub your temples, “And I thought things couldn’t get any stranger...Yet, this is so cool! You’re a kitsune!”
“Huh?” Both Shuichi and Yoko are confused by your smiling face and your reaction.
“I’ve always been fascinated with the idea of demons and such, and you’re living proof that they exist! I always had a hunch your energy was demonic,” you exclaim.
You know, it’s kinda creepy seeing her jump around in my body like that,” Yoko comments.
“Makoto so owes me big time! I told him demons exist, but he just had to be Mr. Know-It-All and say they were mythological. I bet him 50000 yen that demons exist,” you continue to rant on how cool it is, “There’s no way a race with such extraordinary powers and talents could not exist and--”
“Um, Gloria-chan?” Shuichi/you interrupts you, “For that exact reason is why I...um...we should train you on using...our powers.”
You tilt your head to the side and stare at him, “Our?”
“Did I forget to mention Yoko’s soul is also in my body, as well?” Shuichi/you scratches his cheek.
Your anime fall, when you get back up your eye twitches, “I’m sharing a body with another dude?!”
“Welcome to my life...” Shuichi thinks while visibly sweatdroping.
Ahem... Yoko dramatically coughs, silently saying he’s still there.
“No, Yoko’s soul and mine are both in your body,” Shuichi/you points to him/you.
You wipe your brow, “Whew. That would have been creepy.”
I’m not that bad!” Yoko yells with a twitching eyebrow.
Shuichi chuckles a bit out loud and you cock your eyebrow, “What’s so funny?”
“Nothing,” he waves reassuringly.
“Boys,” you mumble and roll your eyes.


(Early Next Morning)



“So you’re telling me all I have to do is think it and it’ll happen?” You/Kurama disbelievingly stare at your actual body.
“Try it yourself,” Kurama/you replies, watching you from under a pine tree in a vast forest that was miles away from the city.
“Whatever,” you/Kurama shrug your shoulders and pull out a seed from your current flaming red hair.
You close your eyes and concentrate your energy into the small seed, when you open your eyes you see a giant venus flytrap coiled around your arm, its long, free roots lashing and whipping around violently.
“This isn’t the Rose Whip thing I saw you use earlier!” You yell while having to jerk the arm with the plant on it in order to avoid the acid saliva drooling out of its mouth, the plant seemingly knowing you weren’t truly its master, “What the hell is this thing?!”
“It appears you grabbed the wrong seed,” Kurama/you suppresses a smile of amusement, watching your/his body flail around in trying to get the plant off.
“You figure that on your own, Sherlock? Or did you have Watson help you on that one?” You/Kurama reply sarcastically, finally getting the menace back into its seedling form, “What was that thing?”
“Just what it appeared to be: a Venus Flytrap,” Kurama replies, ignoring your previous remark, “Only it’s mouth can spit acid and it’s roots can suffice as living whips, once coiled around its prey, inject lethal poison into the victim’s veins.”
“That would be cool, if your plant hadN’T TRIED TO KILL ME!” You yell frantically.
“It sensed your hesitance. Once you’ve transferred energy to it, you’ve basically given the plant its own means of thinking. Like a dog, you must show confidence and strength, then it’ll obey you,” Kurama picks up the seed you dropped, “Now, try again.”
“You’re pent on killing us both, aren’t you?” You stare skeptically at him and the seed.
“I’m just trying to help you learn how to live in your present situation, we won’t live if you don’t at least try to learn how to do some of my attacks, now try again!” Kurama says, starting to get annoyed.
“Fine!” You snatch the seedling and he steps back as you focus again.

You take a deep breath and grow the seed again, when you open your eyes, the plant is perfectly still, waiting for your orders.
A smile of accomplishment creeps onto your face and a new voice sounds, “See. That wasn’t so hard, now was it?”
You stare at your body, it was your mouth that was moving and talking, but the tone and pitch of your voice sounded more mysterious and deeper.
“I’m Yoko, the demon half of Kurama,” Yoko/you says when he sees your confused features.
“Ah,” you/Kurama nod your head in understanding, “Gloria-chan, as you already know.”
“Pleasure,” his infamous smirk is plastered on your face.

“So....Now what?” You ask, not liking the awkward silence or the fact you still had a deadly plant on your arm.
“Well, it’s not a bracelet. Shoot,” Yoko replies.
“At what?”
“Pick a tree, any tree,” he circles with his arm out as gesture.
“Wow, a plant demon; yet, a tree hater. I think this is what they call irony,” you smirk.
“You’re stalling,” he uses your singy-song voice.
You instantly retort by commanding the plant to spit acid at the farthest tree possible, completely incinerating it from the center out.
You give a cocky smirk and snort, “Happy?”
“Very,” he sincerely replies, you now noticing how his/your eyes have changed from a chocolate brown to a golden-hazel as he smiles at you, “Now, use its roots to destroy the rocks around us.”
“Bossy, much,” you mutter, but do what he said and crushed the rocks to a fine sand.

Thus, this continued, along with many more various attacks for the next few long hours.


&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&


“Gloria? Yo, Gloria!” Makoto nudges you/Kurama on the couch, having come over to Shuichi’s home to visit you when Shiori was still at work, “What’s wrong? Have ants in your pants?”
“Worse,” you groan, “I gotta go.”
“Go? Go where?” Makoto questions, not catching on.
“You know: Go! As in go to the bathroom,” you continue to squirm a bit in your seat.
“Ohhh, that go,” he says.
“Yes, that go!” You say irritably.
“So go,” he waves you to the bathroom.
“I AIN’T GONNA DO THAT! NOT IN THIS BODY!” You yell at him with the pink in your cheeks darkening to red, “That’s just sick of you to suggest that!”
“So you mean to tell me you haven’t gone to the bathroom in three days?!” Makoto stares at you.
“I’ve held it longer,” you reply.
“You’re gonna have to go sometime, especially since you don’t know how much longer you’re gonna be like this,” Makoto says.
“I know, but this is just to weird,” you squint your eyes shut to block out the thoughts.
“Admit it, you like Shuichi,” he puts down his book and smirks your way.
“Do not!” You glare.
“Do too,” he says.
“Do not!”
“Do too!”
“DO NOT!” You yell.
“Then prove it and go,” his smirk widens in triumph.
You bite your bottom lip then growl deep and low, “DAMN YOU TO HELL!”
With that, you stomp out of the living room and go to the bathroom.
“I know you really mean that,” he sarcastically says, then goes back to reading his book.

Several minutes later, he hears the toilet flush, “Wow, didn’t actually think she’d do it.”
You come back in with your face all red.
“Like what you saw?” Makoto teases.
You smack him so hard, he flies over the couch, you glare and growl, “I didn’t see anything. I only looked for a nano-second to aim then looked away. I’m not as perverted as you.”
“Riiiiight,” he rubs the hand mark on his face, but goes down again with another loud slap from you.
“Hentai no baka,” you huff and go back to work.


(With Kurama/Yoko)


“I knew it! I girl with that much sass and confidence had to be wearing these!” Yoko is now in control of your body and is holding up two pairs of thongs, one with roses on it and another with wolf pups.
Yoko! That’s enough! Ever since you’ve gained control this morning during Gloria’s training, you’ve been raiding her stuff, completely violating her privacy!” Shuichi scolds from his/your mind.
“Relax, Shuichi,” Yoko tells his human-half out loud, “I’ve only been in her dresser, night stand, and medicine cabinet...I’m just happy that she doesn’t have any of those awful perfumes.”

Shuichi was about to lecture some more, but a loud voice booms from downstairs, “GLORIA! GLORIA! WHERE ARE YOU, GIRL?!”
“COMING!” Yoko/you yells back, “Someone sounds happy.”
Let’s just get downstairs before he sounds even angrier,” Shuichi urges.
“Whatever,” Yoko shrugs, but relinquishes control of your body to the former red-head.

“What were you doing up there?” A tall man with a well-built body, shaggy brownish-black hair, and piercing hazel eyes, frowns at you as Shuichi/you walks in.
“Nothing, really,” Shuichi replies, guessing by the photos, this must be your father.
“Oh, Darling! What are you doing home so early?” Your mother asks, untying her long, light brunette hair.
“There was a lunch meeting today, so we were allowed to leave early,” your dad explains while lighting a cigar, “Which brings me to my reason of calling you down here, Gloria.”
“Yes, sir?” Shuichi/you straighten up in your seat across from him, feeling now was a good time to be on the best behavior possible.
“Today, we were all talking about our children and their accomplishments. I told them all about Kai and his excellent work in sports and academics; and your older sister, Kamine, how she’s now married with a son and is managing a company with her husband. What...What could I say about you, though?” Your father, Iruka, pretends to ponder while rubbing his chin.
“Oh no...” your mother, Azula, breaths out before saying loud enough, “Dear, you’ve had a long day, why don’t you relax and I’ll make dinner?”
“Azula, I’m fine, but dinner sounds nice,” Iruka ignores her silent plea to stop his lecture with a wave of his hand.
She sighs heavily and leaves the room.

“Every family has a member who’s imperfect,” Iruka starts again, almost as if Azula never interrupted, “We would be an exception, though, if you would quit slacking off.

“Something, Gloria! Something! I can not brag about your sports records, for you don’t do anything outside of gym class, unlike your brother, who excels in almost every sport available. Nor can I say you have an over achieving business that’s gone global, for you are too young and not refined in business and arithmetic, unlike your older sister.

“So tell me, what was I suppose to say to my fellow coworkers?”
“You could tell them about how I excel in my academics,” Shuichi/you says, secretly glaring coldly at the man across from him underneath his/your feathery bangs.
Who the hell does this man think he is?! God? How dare he belittle Gloria like this? I would rip his throat out if we were in our body! I’d-- Yoko continues ranting inside Shuichi/your mind.
Your father chuckles softly, “I will admit you are better than the average student, but you’re still not the best. Minamino Shuichi is the top student at your school, so I can’t say you’re the smartest person, now can I?”

Everything hit Shuichi at that one moment, he --and Yoko-- now realize why you were always competing with him; you wanted your father to see you, and to do that, you need to be smarter than him.

“Perhaps if you got your lazy butt in gear and studied harder, you would be the best; but you hide in your room virtually all day, doing god knows what!

What am I to do with you, Gloria? What?” Iruka leans his head back and rubs his temples as he stares at the ceiling, then gives a wave of the hand, “You may go now. Just...try not to waste your life away.”

Shuichi/you bows, as an outward sign of respect, but an inward sign of hate to a master-like figure.


&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&


All this time...No wonder she acts the way she does... Shuichi thought to his counter part, who is lying on your bed with his/your arms folded behind his/your head, as the moon crawls its way into the tenth hour of the night sky.
“All those times you’ve argued and the things she said, she just get us to back down so she could prove her worth...Poor girl,” Yoko frowns, “He has no right to treat her like this! I don’t care if he is her father or not! Shuichi, we have to fail a few test when we get back to normal. That way, Gloria can be somewhat happy.”
I agree. I few bad grades won’t harm much,”
Shuichi complies.

“Gloria? Gloria, honey, may I come in?” A gentle rap from the floor door and a soft, gentle whisper calls out.
“Come in,” Yoko/you says and sits up as your mother climbs up.
Azula sits on your bed and traces the plate of chocolate cake on her lap, bitting her bottom lip during the silence, “Gloria...I...I’m so sorry!”
She braces him/you tightly and silently sobs on your shoulder, Yoko stares at her in surprise for a moment, but hugs her back.
“You have to forgive your father, I know it always seems like he might be ashamed of you, but he’s actually trying to help you do better. It’s...*sigh*...It’s just he’s not good at it. His father never paid any attention to him, so in a way, you’re lucky he doesn’t ignore your existence all together.

“I know I’m so passive all the time, and I’m sorry I haven’t tried to stop him or tell you this sooner. Please forgive me...forgive us both!”
“I...I...” what could Yoko say, he nor Shuichi could forgive her for you, that was your decision, they were just souls trapped in your body.
“It’s okay, sweetie. You take your time,” she smiles warmly, kissing his/your forehead before leaving, “Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you.”
“Love you, too,” Yoko waves to her, before plopping back onto the bed.

Apparently, the force was big enough to knock a picture frame off a high shelf, and it miraculously hit the knob of the red door, opening it up a bit.
If Yoko had his body right now, his ears and tail would be twitching with curiosity.
Not again, Yoko!” Shuichi practically whines, You’ve already violated her privacy enough. Besides, she forbid us from going in there!”
“I know, I know; but it’s just so tempting!”
Yoko makes your body’s legs walk over to the door frame.

The world seems to be encouraging the former kitsune as a strong breeze comes through the open window and pushes the blood red door open. It whirls around the dark room behind the forbidden door and pieces of paper float out in the exiting wind.

Yoko could resist his instincts no longer, even Shuichi’s curiosity had now gotten the better of him, and he stoops down to pick up the glossy papers.
It’s... Shuichi stares in shock.
“Us...” Yoko finishes for him, holding up the photographs.
She must have taken them from a distance, when we weren’t paying attention,” Shuichi muses out loud.
“They’re pretty good. I’m just curious to know how she got pictures of me without my knowing,” Yoko tilts his head to the side.
Without either of us,” Shuichi corrects, Still, I’ll agree that they are quite good.”
“Wonder how she’s doing now?”
Yoko looks out the open window, both of them thinking about you.


(Let’s See What’s Up With You/Kurama)


“You mean to tell me he does this every day?!” You/Kurama pant a bit from being so unused to lots of exercise at one time, plopping down into a chair in Koenma’s office after completing a mission with the other guys, who now know of the circumstance between you and Kurama/Yoko.
“No. There are usually large gap in-between missions and they usually don’t last long,” Koenma, in baby form, explains while floating at his desk.
“HA! That’s a lie!” Yusuke blurts out at him before turning to you, “We’re sent on missions all the time! Not to mention, they actually last days, unlike what Pacifier Boy seems to think.”
“You’re kidding me!” You stare wide eyed before flinging your/Kurama’s head back to rest on the chair, “I’m pooped, I don’t think I could handle any more missions.”
“Feh. The real Kurama wouldn’t let himself get beat so easily by pathetic human fatigue. For someone posing to be him, you’re doing a poor job,” Hiei comments from his seat at the window.
You use Kurama’s deep vocal cords to let out a deadly growl, which even made Hiei flinch momentarily before remember who he was really dealing with.
“I just said it was hard, I never said it was too hard,” you grit your/Kurama’s teeth in anger, “Besides, Kurama and Yoko have taught me well, I even saved your butts a few times.”
“So you think because you know a few simple tricks, you are deemed worthy enough to fight on this team? Let alone try to masquerade as someone clearly so far out of your league?!” Hiei snaps.

There it was, that word again : worthy. No matter what you did, what body you were in, you could never prove yourself of that word. And all you could see and hear right now, was your father’s face, yelling at you.

“Shut...UP!” You scream, deadly foliage springing forth of the tiled floor and lashing about, practically destroying everything in its path, being fueled by your anger.
Your new friends scattering and darting in every direction to avoid being hit.
“Just shut. Up.” You glare out from the jungle of fanged plants, “I’m so tired of people telling me I’m unworthy of anything. Just because I’m not good at some things or as good as someone else doesn’t mean I can’t walk this earth. If that was the case, we’d all be bound in hell.

“I’m tired of proving myself to the world! And most of all, right now, to you!” You point a the fire/ice apparition across the room, “Ever since I’ve met you, you’ve been on my case. All I wanted was for us to be friends, but every time I try, you find something to blow up in my face. You demons seem to be real good at playing this game, Kurama’s the same way. I’m sick of it! I’m going home! You guys can save the world without me, cause you’re gonna have to wait for Kurama to come back in his body. I’m out, see you guys later.”
You give a wave to your buddies Yusuke and Kuwabara before leaving through a portal, with the plants receding upon your departure.

“Man, she’s scary when she’s angry,” Kuwabara shutters on the floor.
“R-Remind me to n-never get Kurama or her mad,” Yusuke’s voice shakes a bit as well.
Hiei blinks out of his previous stupor, turn his back to the room, “Hn...Bakas,” before jumping out the window into the distance.


&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&


(Next Morning)


“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” A female voice sounds in Kurama/your ear and the bed bounces up and down.
“Nn,” he groans and rolls over to his side.
“Oh, no you don’t!” The voice chides.
The next thing Kurama knows, he’s tangled up in sheets and blankets, face planted on the shaggy carpet.
“You’re not going to be sleeping in while I’m around!”
Kurama/you untangles himself to see a young woman of the age of twenty-two beaming down at him.

“Surprise!” She squeals and tackles him/you in a hug, “How’ve you been, lil sis?”
“Lil sis?” Kurama thinks.
This must be that Kam woman Gloria’s father mentioned about earlier. Must be her older sister,” Yoko supplies, staring at the woman with long purple hair and hazel eyes, Good looks must run in the family, but Gloria’s still cuter! ^-^”
“Um...fine,” Kurama replies, unsure how to react around the energetic woman.
“Fine?! I haven’t seen you in six months, your favorite sister, and all you can say is ‘Fine’?!” Kam looks a bit hurt and sticks out her bottom lip, “You don’t want Onee-chan around anymore?”
“That’s not it! I-” Kurama fumbles around for words, trying not to upset her any more.
Kam lets out a cheery laugh and flicks his/your nose, “I’m just teasin’ ya. So, how’s school going? Is Shuichi still given ya trouble or have you finally come to your senses in realizing you have a crush on him?”
Kurama blushes a bit at the thought of you actually liking him, but shakes his/your head quickly before Kam could notice, “No...um...He’s still...uh...my rival.”
“Dude’s done somethin’ to you, hasn’t he?” Kam folds her arms across her chest, she stands up with a protective stance, “What did he say to you this time? I’ve had enough of his cocky attitude and disrespect towards you. No one hurt my little sister and gets away with it! Come on!”
She grabs his/your hand and drags him out of the cloth heap, pulling him down the stairs.
“Okay. We’re gonna need rope, SuperGlue, paper strips, electrical wire, and nylons,” she lists as she continues taking him/you downstairs, “In to the car, lil sis! I’m taking care of pretty-boy once and for all! He won’t be causing you trouble any more at school when I get through with him!”
What the hell is she going to do with all that stuff?!” Yoko yells.
“Um, Onee-chan, it’s okay. He’s not bothering me any more,” Kurama wiggles his hand out of her grasp before they exit the door.
Her eyes sparkle a bit and he takes a step back at this, “You called me ‘Onee-chan’!” She hugs him/you tightly, “I haven’t heard that in so long! Oooh, I’ve missed you!”
“Missed you, too,” he coughs out from in her tight embrace.
“Go get dressed, I’m going to take you out today. Just you and me, like we used to do. Now go, go, go!” Kam rushes him back up the stairs.
“She’s a bit weird,” Kurama thinks to his half.
Strangely, I like her,” Yoko smiles,She’s got a certain spunk about her.”
“I guess she’s not all that bad,”
Kurama shrugs in agreement and goes to get dressed.


(Friday)


You glare lightning bolts at the back of your father’s head, but smile sweetly with a low bow to your mother as you step inside your true home.
A look of surprise when you see your beloved older sister, Kamine, but you have to hide it, due to your “condition”.
“Welcome, Minamino Shuichi!” Your mom smiles brightly, she whispers a complement on how you/Kurama looks to Kurama/you next to her, and you chuckle softly when his/your cheeks go bright pink at another...*ahem* implication of your/his looks.
“Thank you, Mrs. Kakinomoto,” you/Kurama slid off your/his shoes before following your body upstairs.
“We’ll be up in my room until dinner,” Kurama/you says over his/your shoulder as he climbs the stairs.
“Okay. Have fun, sweetie!” Your mom winks, causing you and Kurama to blush, and you hear Kamine giggle.

“I see you’re surviving,” you say nonchalantly as you sit on your bed.
“Managing,” he replies before slowly sitting next to you, “You?”
“Your life’s hell,” you say bluntly, folding your arms behind your head and lying down, “Your mom’s really nice, but what happened to your dad? I haven’t seen him at all.”
“That’s because he died when I was still a small child,” he replies.
“I guess you’re lucky then,” you close your eyes.
“At least you have one who loves you,” Kurama says.
You practically burst out laughing at this and sit up, “Boy, those cleaning products sure messed with your...er...my head if you think my dad gives a damn about me!”
Kurama frowns at how you can think this, “Your mother talked with me...you Wednesday night. She apologized saying how sorry she was for not stepping up for you sooner, and tried to explain that your father does care and wants you to be your best, but doesn’t know how to show it.”
“She really said that?” Your face now serious, he nods, “Well, you told her I did forgive her, right?!”
“I didn’t really say anything, for that was your place, not mine,” he replies.
“Hmm,” you stare at your/his feet, “Thanks...I guess.”
“You’re welcome.”

“So, how’s it going with Yusuke and the others?” Kurama asks suddenly.
“Fine. They all know, obviously, and Yusuke, Kuwabara, and I get along real well,” you answer.
“And Hiei?” He almost was afraid to ask.
“I killed him during the mission the other day,” you say without any emotion.
“YOU DID WHAT?!” He stares at you in horror.
You, in turn, break out into laughter again, “Man, you should see your face! And I thought I was gullible!”
His/your eyebrows knit together, “That wasn’t funny, Gloria.”
“Yes it was. Because I was actually this close to doing it, too, when we got back,” you hold your thumb and index finger millimeters apart.
“What happened?” He demands to know.
“He pissed me off, so your plants grew on impulse and pretty much tore Koenma’s office apart; but don’t worry, your friends are all fine. Even though I dislike Hiei, I wouldn’t kill ‘im,” you lean back on the bed again.

“So, how much longer are we gonna be stuck like this?” You ask Kurama, not opening your eyes.
“Botan contacted me yesterday, saying we should be back to normal quite soon,” he replies, staring down at your/his peaceful face.
“Good, cause I’m getting tired of playing you,” you say, jumping to your feet.
He was about to say something when your mom yells, “DINNER!”
“COMING!” You both yell in unison.

Right before dessert came, the communicator in your/Kurama’s pocket went off, both you and Kurama exchange glances.
“Um...Excuse me, please. It seems like my mother needs to speak with me,” you excuse yourself from the table.
“Hmm, so that’s Shuichi, huh?” Iruka says one you/Shuichi have left the room, “You could easily be so much better than him, Gloria, if you study more instead of goofing off.”
“Father,” Kamine tries to get him to stop.
“If you would have payed attention, father, you’d see that I already have,” Shuichi/you says, a bit coldly before leaving the room to follow you.
Azula smiles to herself and Kam snickers, both knowing about the swap between you and him when she accidently overheard the two of you talking earlier.

“Kurama! We gotta go, now!” You say as you snap the communicator shut.
“Why? What’s wrong?” He asks, a bit worried by your tone.
“We might be stuck like this for a long time if we don’t get to Koenma’s office, and NOW!” You grab his/your arm and run out the door.
“We gotta get to the portal before our time is up,” you yell as the two of you sprint out the door, “Koenma’s found a spell to reverse what the gun did to us, but the moon has to be at a certain point to hit a gem to change us back.”
“That is if we even get to the portal,” Kurama points up ahead.
“Aww, man! Not them again!” You whine as you see some low-class demons in front of the forming portal in the abandoned park.
“You didn’t think you’d get away with killing our leader, now did ya, Kurama?” The biggest demon swats his club in his free hand, “You and your mate will die here and now.”
“SHE’S NOT MY MATE, DUMB ASS!” You/Kurama go to grab your rose whip as the demon charges you.
The demon suddenly collapses a few feet in front of you, lying in a pool of blood.
“Huh?” You and Kurama stare at the person behind the dead demon.
“No. One. Hurts. My. Little. Sister,” Kamine says darkly and is twirling a bloody, nine-inch dagger in her hand; she jerks her head up to you and Kurama, “Go! If you don’t get through that portal, you guy’s will be stuck forever!”
“But, Kamine--” You/Kurama stare at her.
“I said : GO!” Kam grabs your arm and flings you through the portal, she points a finger at Kurama/you as he’s about to jump in, “And you, if anything bad happens, I’m holding you two responsible, both you and Yoko. Got it?”
Shuichi and Yoko both nod before jumping in.

“About time, you two! Now get into those two capsules thingies,” Yusuke turns around and points to two human-sized pods upon your arrival.
You both nod and jump in without hesitation.
“Okay. Yusuke, Kuwabara; push the table with the gemstone on it on top of that red ‘X’,” Koenma instructs, “Now, Botan, focus the moonlight through the gem and to that split mirror.”
Once everything was in place, everyone stand behind a desk and Koenma grips onto a lever, “Here goes everything...Transformo Alter-tera-terum Contra!”

[For those of you who speak Latin, my apologizes for most likely screwing up that last sentence : “Transform both back!”]

The smoke from the pods dies down, after the group of friends on the outside pretty much coughed out their lungs during the transformation process.
“Well? Did it work?” Kuwabara asks, waving away the little remaining wisps of smoke.

&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&


“Ah!” You sigh mentally, staring at your hand, “It’s good to be back.”
You glance forward to the front row of desks where Kurama is sitting, working diligently on taking the notes in History class, “I’m sure he feels the same way, too.”

BRIIIIING!

“Don’t forget to study for Monday’s test,” The teacher reminds as the students gather their things.
“Hey! Wait up a minute, Minamino-san!” You shout in the halls as you jog to catch up to him.
“Okay, who are you and what have you done to Gloria-chan?” Kurama slightly glares skeptically at you.
“As far as I know, I’m me and you’re you. Unless something screwed up last night and part of me is left in you, then I’m gonna be pissed,” you say.
“Yep, you’re Gloria,” he confirms with a deep whiff of your scent and a smile.
You roll your eyes, “I wanted to ask you if you...uh...wanted to walk home together, since our homes are close by each other,” scratching your cheek as you turn a slight shade of pink.
“I’d be honored,” he give another warm smile as the two of you exit the school grounds.

[Yes, kids in Japan have school on Saturday. At least I’m 98% sure they do, still sucks for them, though]


“Kurama-san,” you fidget with your book bag strap.
“Yes?” He looks warmly down at you.
“I-I...*sigh* I’m sorry...for everything,” you start, “I was jealous of you and resented you so much. Everything always seemed to come so easy to you, everyone loves you, you have a perfect little family, lots of friends; and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t do the things you did.

“I have to spend all night studying, while you can re-read a couple paragraphs and be ready for a test. You have thousands of adoring fans and lots of attention, I’m barely lucky if a kid doesn’t accidently knock me over in lines or at my locker because I’m so invisible, and I don’t get detention for kicking his butt. Your mother cares for you more than anything in the world and gives you so much love and attention it’s almost inhuman, my mother and older sister are the only ones who care that much about me, Kai hardly wants to be around me and my father practically hates me. I have a friend, a good friend, but just one; while you have several who care for you just as much as Makoto does for me.

“I always felt inferior to you. Especially since the only way to get my father’s approval is to beat you in academics, but I see that’s pretty much impossible. Even without Yoko’s help, you’d still beat me in your sleep.”
“Gloria, you’re very smart and you shouldn’t have to feel like you need your father’s consent on anything! And, not everything is as good in my life as you seem to think. I--” Kurama says, but you cut him off by putting your finger to his lips.
“I wasn’t quite finished yet,” you half smile at him, “When being you, I saw how tough you have it. Helping your friends defeat demons, keeping such a huge secret from the world, trying to protect those around you while trying to have some sort of a life of your own. I was so exhausted, mentally and physically, on that one mission and I find it so impressive that you do that kind of thing all the time.

“I kinda feel sorry for you. Your life looks so easy on the outside, but it’s hell when people really see what you go through on the inside.”
“Your life’s no different,” Kurama says, “I find it so impressive you can find the strength to get up every day. With your long list of chores, all the studying you do, and the amount of favoritism in your family; it’s amazing you survive every day.

“I know it doesn’t help when I’m in the way of the recognition you deserve from your father. I’m truly sorry for what you go through, and I want to ask for your forgiveness on all the things I’ve said and done previously to you.”
“I’ll forgive if you forgive,” you grin.
He chuckles lightly, “Deal.”


&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&


( 1 Month Later)


“Hurry up, Shuichi! If we don’t run, we’re gonna be late for Luna’s Entry Exams!” You shout behind you as you sprint up the street, towards the testing building.
“Right behind you!” He yells, almost in your ear, as he secretly used some of his demonic speed to catch up.

“Name?” A elderly man asks, sitting at the sign-in desk.
“Kakinomoto Gloria,” you pant heavily, “And my friend, Minamino Shuichi, was held up at a stop light a block back. He’s taking the test, too.”
“I’m sorry, young lady, but we only have one available seat left. It’s either one of you two, but not both,” the man apologizes.
“Oh...I see,” you sigh in disappointment.

“What did I miss?” Kurama pants slightly as he runs up behind you.
“The test if you don’t get in there!” You yell and push him towards the doors, “You go ahead, I have to go to the bathroom real bad. I’ll see you later, okay?”
“You want me to wait?” He asks politely.
“No, no! I’m good. Just get your butt in there and get to work, I won’t have you miss it on my account,” you assure him, “Good luck!”
“You too,” he smiles and jogs in, “See you in a bit.”
“Yeah,” you grin, but it fades with your voice when he was gone inside, “A bit.”
You turn and walk across the street, oddly enough, the same abandoned park where you swapped and the portal appeared was there.
You sigh and settle yourself up high in a Pine tree, “Good luck, my love,” you whisper out the admittance of your crush.

Kurama taps his pencil as he looks around for you, barely hearing the test rules by the instructor, wondering what’s taking you so long.
Shuichi, something’s wrong. I have a feeling Gloria’s not in the building anymore,” Yoko expresses his concern to his equally anxious human half.
“I’ve got that feeling, too. We should go try to find her,” Shuichi says, to which Yoko wholeheartedly agrees.
“Kurama-kun, is that you?” A familiar voice whispers lowly next to him.
He looks up to see the face of your sister standing in the isle, “Kamine-chan, what are you doing here?”
“My husband’s brother is taking the test, I’m just dropping him off,” she explains, “You here with Gloria?”
“Yes, but I haven’t seen her in awhile,” he explains, a bit of worry in his voice.
“When did you guys get here?” She continues to whisper.
“About twenty minutes ago, that’s when she left for the restroom,” Kurama shifts nervously.
“Oh no...” Kamine chuckles softly to herself, “I’m afraid, she’s not going to be showing up, Kurama-san.”
“What? Why?!” His voice rises a little.
“Because, a half-an-hour ago it was announced that there was only one seat left to be filled before they could start. It seems she tricked you into taking the test instead of her. She must reeeeeally like you,” Kam smiles, then pats his back, “Well, good luck!”
“Thanks,” he barely breaths out.
She gave up her chances of her dad accepting her so we could take the test,” Yoko says, a bit surprised by your actions.

Kurama immediately stands up and leaves the building in a hurry, about to begin his search for you, but he smelt your sweet scent in the park.
He runs across the street and find your brown hair waving in the wind, you half-asleep in your little makeshift bed.
He climbs up swiftly and kneels on the branch beside yours, brushing the hair out of your eyes, “Gloria-chan?”
Your eyes snap open with a start, almost jumping at the sudden noise, “Wha-?! What? Oh, Kura-ra-kun...*yawn* The test done already?”
“No,” he shakes his head, “Why’d you do that?”
“Do what?” You ask, a bit confused.
“Don’t play dumb, Gloria. Why did you let me take the last test slot instead of you?” He asks.
“You deserve it more than I do,” you turn your head away to hide a blush.
“We deserve it equally,” he corrects, “But why’d you give up your dream for mine?”
“Because...Because...” you sigh heavily and wrap your arms around his neck, giving him a loving kiss, “Because I love you and I want your happiness more than my own.”
You turn your head again, your face burning crimson as he stares at you like he’s in a trace.
A slow smile creeps on his face, “Gloria,” he taps your shoulder.
When you turn to face him, he locks lips with you in a deep and passionate kiss.
You melt in his arms and return the passion, you feel his body shift a bit and his mouth tastes different. When you pull away for air, you really the movement was from him changing from Shuichi to Yoko.
He gives you a sexy smirk before fondly nuzzling your neck, “We love you, too.”

“You know how easy this makes things?” Kamine’s voice bellow scares the living daylights out of the two of you love sick people.
You screech in surprise and fall out of the tree, luckily, Yoko catches you in time before you hit bottom.
“I can literally sing this song, now,” Makoto stands beside your sister with a big grin on his face, “Yoko and Glor-ia sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!”
“Why you little-!” You squirm out off Yoko’s arms and chase after him.
“You two better take care of her, or it’s your pelt on my floor,” Kam threatens Yoko as you continue to threaten your screaming best friend.
“With my life,” both Shuichi and Yoko say in unison.
Kamine smiles in satisfaction, watching the amusing scene of you pouncing Makoto in the sunset.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I hope you all liked it! It’s my first story I’ve done where I’ve had Kurama as two-souls-one-body thing. I’m not a believer of it, but I thought the story would be funnier this way.
Much love to you all! Please rate and/or comment, rating at least only takes two minutes! Thanks for reading!