Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unbalanced Kiss ❯ Genkai ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two: Genkai

Kagome took a deep breath as she stood at the base of the mountain. It had taken her a month to find this Genkai her gather had spoken of, this woman did not want to be found. Kagome could feel the nerves building in the pit of her stomach as she faced more stairs than the shrine had. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath she pulled her long black hair up into a low messy bun before starting up the stairs. The letter from her father tucked safely in the pocket of her jacket. Kagome still wasn't sure why she was doing this did she really need to know this side of her family? She had a family a mother and a brother that she loved more than anything did she really need more? Kagome didn't know the answer just that after a month of being home she wanted nothing more then to be away from the shrine. There were so many memories and the well was just staring at her like some cruel joke.

'Out of sight out of mind. For the most part.' Kagome thought. 'Maybe now I wont cry every time I look at something.' It took almost an hour for Kagome to make it to the top of the mountain compound. It was much larger than Kagome had thought it would be and resembled the shrine that she had grown up on. The energy was so strange surrounding the grounds but it was familiar calming some how. Kagome took in another deep breath as the door began to slide open and she was standing face to face with a pink haired old woman with a scowl placed firmly on her face.

"Are you..." Kagome hesitated.

"Well spit it out girl I dont have all day!" The old woman backed.

"Are you Master Genkai?" Kagome asked weakly.

"I am now what is it you want." Her voice was harsh as she light another cigarette. Kagome shook her head it had been a mistake coming hear. Kagome could see that now 'I should just leave.' Kagome thought as she locked eyes with the old woman for a moament.

"It was a mistake for me to bother you I'm sorry to disturbing you." Kagome turned to leave.

"Girl you came hear for a reason. Don't chicken out now after coming all this way." Her words were stern as she took another drag off of her cigarette. "Don't louse your nerve now just because I'm not what you were expecting to find." The woman was right Kagome couldn't turn back now just because she is scared.

"Hear." Kagome pulled out the letter she had tucked safely away in her pocket. "I was told to give you this and there is a picture enclosed with it as well. I was hoping you could give me some answers." Kagome knew how crazy the letter sounded but she had to know if it was true if this Yusuke was her brother if so she at least wanted to meat him. Kagome watched Genkais face twist in disbiliefe as she looked from the letter back to Kagome and back to the picture her mother had given her of her father and Kagome shortly before he died.

"Well you might as well come in and sit down." Genkai turned as she made her way back into the house Kagome fallowing behind her. The room she was led into was rather large but simple just a small table with a few coushons sat around it. Genkai motioned for her to have a seat as she made her way into another room. Emerging with two tea classes and a pot.

"Thank you." Kagome smiled as she accepted the glass from the elder woman.

"So tell me about this old well." Kagome blinked wow this woman doesnt beat around the bush.

"That's a really long story master Genkai. Ill spare you most of it but tell me do you know the legend of the Shikan No Tama?" Kagome paused.

"The cursed jewel and the powerful priestess who brought together a strange group for humans daemons and half daemons to bring down a grate evil and save the world. Yes I am familyer with the legend. My family line is direct descendants of the priestess Midoriko who originally created the cursed jewel." Genkai informed her as she took another sip of the tea.

"Well that enplanes a lot." Kagome stated as Genkai gave her a questioning look as she waited for Kagome to continue her story. "You see when I was fifteen I was drug by a deamn down and old well on my families shrine. That same daemon bit my side ripping the jewel from my side. When I landed at the bottom of the well it had taken me five hundred years into the past where I meat InuYasha a half daemon, Shippo a kitusne, Sango a deamon slayer and Miroku a monk. Together we defeated Naraku." Kagome stopped as she tried to judge Genkai's face. To any one other than Kagome and her family she knew the story had to sound rediculous. "You probably think I'm crazy now right?"

"Not at all. I simply needed to know what you knew of daemons and people with sprite powers." Genkai took another sip of her tea. " I guess I should start with your father Kito." Kagome nodded as she waited for Genkai to continue. "Your father Kito was a very special boy who had been blessed with powers any normal person could only dream of. But he was a sick child constantly ill with one thing or another. He was still gifted though with the powers of premonition although he couldn't control it very well. One day when he was a teenager I came home to find him gone he had just vanished just with a note saying he had to go." Kagome was blown away her father had known all of this was going to happen and that was why he had done everything he did.

Kagome wasn't sure how she felt at this very moment so much in her life had changed in just a few short months. The future that had once been so clear was now so cloudy and unsure. Kagome still didn't know what this new information meant to her. Did it really change anything like she had hoped it would. No there was nothing different nothing not really. She would still be going back to the shrine, her mother was still her mother and she was still heart broken. Looking at her watch Kagome could see that if she didn't hurry she would miss the last bus back to her hotel room.

"Thank you for everything Genkai but I really must be going now or i'll have to walk back to the city." Kagome stood to leave dusting of her slacks.

"Kagome." Genkai spoke as she turned to face her.

"Yes." Kagome smiled as she looked in the old womans eyes. She could see that she wasnted to say something.

"Hey you old hag where the hell are you? Kuwabara's been hurt!" Kagome was thrown back to a mess of silver hair when he would yell and cream and her heart started to break all over again.

"Perfect timing as always dimwit." Ginkai yelled as four boys burst through her door. Kagome could see the loud one looked to be about her age with slicked black hair and deep brown eyes. Another boy was drapped over his shoulder who appeared to be bleeding profusely from his abdomen. Kagome had see wounds like this before the kind that were inflicted by daemons. 'What were these kids doing fighting daemons. Ignoring the other boys Kagome began barking orders.

"Lay him down hear in front of me. You fetch me some hot water and clean rags." Pointing to the black haired boy who just blinked at her.

"Well don't just stand there dimwit you heard the girl get moving if you want your friend to live!" Ginkai glared at the boy as he rushed off. "And you two don't just stand there help her move him!"

Kagome didn't bother even looking at the other two men in the room as she focused on her work. She had become quite proficient with her healing powers during there travels. InuYasha had a knack for getting the worst of everything. So over time she had thought herself how to knit the wounds back together it was something that had come in handy over the years. Kagome could see that this boys wounds were deep as she ran her hands over it. Seeing the injury in her mind some of his major organs had been hit. It would take a lot of her energy and she wouldn't be able to close the wound completely but she could make sure that he would live. Eyes around the room began to widen as Kagome's hands began to glow a soft purple as her powers washed over the room.

The whole room was in shock. How long had it been since a true miko had been borne into the wold. And with this much power she could be a force to be reckoned with a true weapon for who ever side she was on. Genkai could see that even now. With the proper training this girl could change the world. The light was slowly fading now and all that was left was a shallow cut. Kuwabara would live. Genkai could see that Kagome had become shaky as she began to sway back and forth.

"Kurama catch her before she passes out and we have two injured people!" Genkai ordered as she watched the fox spring into action barely catching her before her head banged off of the hard wood floor.

"Genkai who is this girl?" Kurama asked as she studied her pale skin and shining black hair. She was lovely a natural beauty.

"Kurama take her into the other room you will all be staying hear tonight especially the dimwit and we will all talk in the morning."