Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ under construction ❯ Rooftop meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A young girl about 3 or 4 ran across the snow clad in just a plain white kimono with purple and pink sakura blossoms and a pink obi holding a stuffed panda toy tight to her chest, the moon shun down on her, casting a slightly angelic aura. Weeving in and out of trees and past bushes, her long white kimono catching on various branches tearing parts of the elegant silk kimono. The young two toned cat hanyou ran on, tears stinging her eyes and blurring her vision.
As she ran she could still hear the pounding of footsteps behind her gradually gaining, too frightened to stop and too frightened to turn around she ran on.

She had kicked her open toed sandles off sometime back and now she wished she hadn't, they may of slowed her down but atleast they stopped her feet from hurting, her feet had now gotten so cold from running in the snow that she couldn't feel much pain anymore.

A sudden numb pain shot through her foot as she ran and she faltered slightly before continueing to run as fast as she could, she looked down towards the ground at her foot, the one that had the numb pain going through it and focused on it trying to see through her tears. With blury vision she saw a red substance covering parts of her footprint after each step she took, dying the perfect white to red.

There were no second thoughts in her head, the substance was definately blood, she then started to cry harder, thinking of what just occured a no more then 5 minutes ago.

(Flashback)

Ayame flitted through the forest,lost,nervously fingering her tail letting the other drop down behind her. both stuck out through a hole made in her kimono, the soft fur reminded her of her fathers bushy tails and comforted her.

she had two black cat ears that sat on top of her head peeking out between her dark blue bangs and her purple shoulder length hair, her bangs came just to her eyes sometimes covering them when she didn't feel like showing the world her pure and innocent orbs, one purple and one darkblue, Two long dark blue bits of hair came down by the side of her face to about midchest, her stuffed panda toy was now hung rather carelessly from her hand but still holding on tightly.

Her (cat) ears suddenly twitched as she heard a (manly)scream come from her father on the other side of the forest, without a second thought she ran off deeper into the forest till finally she found her father but it was too late.

Ayame bent down next to her father but he wasn't breathing,a sword was stuck through his chest. The young two toned girl hugged her now deceased father ignoring the sticky crimson liquid that was getting all over her kimono.

She then heard loud pounding footsteps behind her.
------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

Ayame woke up with a gasp, beads of sweat had formed and were rolling down her frail body ''Was that a dream? or a flashback?''

She sighed then got off the bed and walked over to the full sized mirror and stared at herself.

Her body was frail and extremely thin from lack of food, a navy sleaveless tank top hung from her shoulders,showing off her dangerously thin stomach. A pair of navy shorts clung desparately to her waist, the strings were tied as tight as they could but still they seemed too big for her, on her waist their were three claw marks that'd been there for as long as she could remember but they definetly weren't birth marks.

Her long hair was like a tiger's mane, the back was a nice purple flowing silkily down her back to the backs of her knees, the front of her hair was dark blue, her bangs came just below her eyes and two other bits of dark blue hair came down past her neck resting on her skin.Four silver hoops hung from her left ear that'd had been there from since she was a child. A ying yang pendent hung from a black peice string made from leather, on either side of the ying yang hung two purple amythest beads. The pendant was one of the only things she had left that her father had given her along with two matching wrist cuffs that prevented anyone without a high spirit awareness from seeing her cat ears and tails.

Ayame crept across her room and pulled off the shorts and top then put on a pair of black baggy combat trowsers, a black sleaveless tanktop, a black ski jacket with purple markings to hide her body shape, and slipped on a pair of black soft soled shoes that were good for running in.

She turned back to the mirror to fix her hair, she put it in a low ponytail behind her that fell down to her knees, the front left out covering her eyes making her look like a boy. She then took a long black scarf and wrapped it once around her neck leaving the other two bits to fall down her back to the backs of her knees.

She perked her (cat) ears up listeneing around for any noises then leaped from where she was onto her windowsill in one bound, then jumped out of the window and into a tree and the next and the next looking like just a black blur to those with trained eyes, and being nothing but wind to those without.

Ayame carried on jumping from rooftop to rooftop to tree looking through peoples windows as she went, she stopped outside a window when she'd spotted what she needed, not hearing any movement inside, she put her finger(Ash:the one next to the thumb, forgot the name ^^; index or something) upto the window, then extending her claw, she cut a hole in the glass and let it drop into the grass outside the building, then put her arm through the neatly cut circle and opened the window.

She pulled a black fabric bag (Ash:kinda like those ones old robbers used to use) out of her top and looked around the house then started to throw things into her bag,any money or anything that she could pawn off, in the bag it went.

After she'd done this to about 4 other houses the bag was full and she started to head home via rooftops and trees.

''Damn i hope that bastard dosn't catch me out late again, please let him be asleep,or atleast drunk.''

That bastard was her step father, he used to take everything out on her mother untill her mother left and abandoned her,leaving her with that cruel sadistic man.

Just as she was blurring from rooftop to rooftop, a small black blur tripped her over sending her flying off the rooftop

''this isn't good, cats don't have wings'' She whined to herself as she fell off the roof, she flipped in the air and landed on her hands and feet in a cat like stance I'm sure i sensed a youkai, she thought then started to put all the stuff that had fallen out of the bag back in when something tugged at her tails

Shit she thought before turning around and seeing a boy holding onto her tails glaring at her, in a flash he unsheathed his katana and held her up against the wall, the katana at her neck, his crimson eyes glaring into her mismatched ones.

''Come with me to see Koenma'' He said monotonously

''Hell no baka''Ayame spoke up catching the boy off guard with her feminine voice.

''Y..your and onna?'' he stuttered then caught himself and put on the same monotonous voice.

''Naaah i'm a guy'' Ayame said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Ayame quickly pulled his katana away from him cutting her hands on the blade slightly,she then tripped him over backwards and blurrred off with her bag of stolen goods.

When Ayame got back to the forest near where she lived, she quickly brought the bag to a pack of cat like creatures with two tails ''look after this for me''she said, then muttered something about a baka boy and blurred back to the house.

She jumped up onto her windowsill, she could hear Raymonds breathing, Kuso,

The twotoned girl jumped into the room and landed on the floor standing up only to be kicked in the chest straight into a radiator winding her and cutting her back, I'm not about to let him have the pleasure of seeing me in pain she thought while standing back up, The man walked over to her and kicked her back down onto the floor and stomped on her rib cage a couple of times while shouting mutiple threats and curses.

''I let you stay here even after your whore of a mother abandoned you, and this is how you repay me? by going out, i told you the only time your allowed out is when you have school, you wouldn't even go to school if it wasn't against the law not to'' He shouted then walked out the room slamming the door.

Ayame stood up and instantly fell back down again, the room was spinning and she felt lighteaded, she ran to her bathroom (its joined to the room) bumping into many things on the way, emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet bowl, which was painfull because all she had in there was some strange,white,soft rectangular rock type thing that had been cut into slices,which she found in one of the ningens houses.(Ash: You'll find out what that is in one of the later chapter. try and guess what it is)

The reason she was puking was because she hadn't had any food for so long and her metabolism wasn't used to it. She peeled off her blood and sweat covered clothes and stepped into the shower washing the blood and sweat from her body, she then poured some of that ningen soap onto her hair and tails rubbing it in then rinsing it off.

She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself,then walked over to the wardrobe which had been the towel cupboard and put on some black, baggy, lightweight cargo pants and a long sleaved purple tight top that showed off her middrif, the neck came half way up her neck.

She stepped up to the mirror and stared at herself then pulled her trowsers down a bit and ran three of her fingers along the three claw marks trying to remember where they had come from.

Ayame then pulled her trowsers down all the way and fixed two dagger sheaths to the outside of her thighs and put her daggers in then readjusted her trowsers and walked out the bathroom into her own room.

She stared up at the clock which read 06:15, the school bus came at 07:00 she usually walked well not like a ningen, more like blurring through the trees but today her back was in too much pain. So she just lied back on her mattress not needing covers as she was always warm, the good thing about being a fire demon, and fell asleep.

She awoke again at 07:58 and jumped straight off the bed pulled on her extra grip trainers and her wrist cuffs, (go back up and read again if you don't remember) then ran down the stairs carefull not to wake her father and ran out the door just in time for the bus.


She got on the bus and walked to the four seats at the back that were allways vacant,she heard giggles coming from kelsie and her lapdogs but just glared at them and sat down.

As the bus was driving along she remembered she'd fogotten to tie her hair up and didn't have any hairbands with her so her purple mane fell down past her but which she was now sitting on, at the next stop 3 boys that she had never seen before got on, hmm newbies, the first was really tall with long red hair that kind of spiked out at the bottom, he had emerald eyes and when he walked each step was taken gracefully and carefully he had a femininity about him great a bishie ayame thought as the girls on the bus erupted into giggles and gossip.

The next boy wasn't as tall as the bishie dude but definetly still taller then her, he had short dark brown hair but had put way too much gell on his head giving him a green tint, and had brown eyes.The next was nearly as tall as bishie dude which was her nickname for him(shuichi), he had orange hair in a sort of elvis style and beady brown eyes, the look on his face told Ayame that he was lost or he just always had a clueless expression on his face.

They came and sat at the back next to Ayame seeing as it was the only place that wasn't crawling with fangirls, bishie dude sat next to Ayame then the orange head and then the gel dude.

''Hello i'm Shuichi Minamino'' The red head said '' this is Kazuma Kuwabara and Yusuke Urameshi'' Shuichi said pointing to the orange head and then the gel head.

''Ah! so you're the Urameshi kid Keiko was telling me about'' Ayame said directing her mismatched eyes toward the boy sitting furthest from her.

''You know Keiko?'' Yusuke asked

''Yea...''

''WOAH!!! ARE THOSE CAT EARS?'' Kuwabara shouted cutting her off,

''Hn. No'' she replied monotonously then flatened her ears down annoyed and pulled her hair over them.

The three boys gave her suspicious looks then the bus came to a halt at the front of the school, everyone piled off, Ayame started to the schools entrance when Kuwabara started to laugh,

''I guess we can't call Hiei shrimp anymore'' Ayame stared at him coldly, '' I know, we can call him shrimp and her shrimpette'' Kuwabara said to Shuichi and Yusuke, Yusuke started to laugh at this aswell untill Ayame walked up to him and puched him in the gut knocking him out.

''Hn. baka'' She said before walking into the school.

Yusuke and Shuichi stared at her horrified then Kuwabara reawoke and joined them

''Woah shes just like a female Hiei,shamefull,stupid and short'' With this the fire apparition jumped out of a tree landing next to Shuichi and glared a Kuwabara as he continued his sentance,

''Except she's a girl and that makes it worse. You atleast don't have 'That Time Of The Month' Hiei'' Kuwabara said to Shuichi, Yusuke and Hiei, While Hiei scowled at him

I guess Hiei dosn't know much about the other sex kurama mused while biting down on his thumb to hold back laughter.

''What is it?'' Hiei asked looking up at Shuichi.

Kuwabara and Yusuke stopped in mid giggle and just stared at Hiei with a look of absolute astonishment on they're face then fall into each other laughing, while shuichi bit down on his thumb eveb harder then before. Hiei narrowed his eyes at them.

''Oh that was a classic,'' Yusuke said returning to his feet with a plesent look on his face.

''I have to agree with you Urameshi.'' Kuwabara said whilst fighting back another fit of giggles.

Hiei just glared at all of them, Shuichi then patted Hiei on top of his spikey yet surprisingly soft hair, receiving a squirm in response, ''You still havn't answered me''

''You really don't know''? Yusuke asked while Hiei who wasn't about to admit anything stay silent just staring at them,it's not too bad not knowing something Kurama or the detective knew, but not knowing something the moron does is just too humiliating for words.

Wow i can just imagine myself trying to explain to a most decidedly innocent Hiei. Kurama thought to himself.
Maybe i should let him ask Keiko about it. Now that would be a fun conversation to eavesdrop on, cause i am not about to initiate a conversation about sexuality with this hotheaded, and very innocent fire demon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash: This story was thought up by me Ash, and my best friend, nearly sister, Alex. Most of the chapter will be done by both of us, i'll be doing the gorey action scenes, and she'll be doing the the romance stuff, seeing as i detest it.

Alex: We'll have the next chapter up pretty soon, we've allready typed it up, but we want to see what kind of reaction we get from anybody that reads this.







Converting /tmp/phpJ2Umvb to /dev/stdout