Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Time ❯ Chapter Thirty-Five ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Thirty-Five: Trip Home
 
Kaline's POV
 
"HEY, EVERYONE! TIME TO WAKE UP!" Botan shouted, her loud voice making me jolt out of dream land. I would have sat straight up in bed if Kurama's arms hadn't been tightly wrapped around me.
 
I groaned and pressed my face into the crook of the kitsune's neck. "I don' wanna get up."
 
"Our plane leaves at noon," Kurama reminded me. "We need to pack."
 
"Five more minutes?" I mumbled, tone pleading.
 
"If you get five more minutes, then you might fall back asleep and not wake up in time to leave," he responded. "C'mon. Sit up." He sat up, dragging me with him. When he let go of me and climbed out of the bed, I tried to fall back to the mattress. The redhead caught more before my back hit the covers.
 
"No fair," I muttered. "I'm tired!"
 
Kurama chuckled. "I know, and you have a VERY good reason to be."
 
I sighed in defeat and rolled out of bed. "I'm out of bed now. Happy?"
 
"Stand up now," he urged gently, holding out his hand to me. I took it, and he pulled me up to my feet. "Now, I'm happy."
 
"I am most definitely sleeping on the plane," I commented as I pulled on some clothes and quickly packed up everything else. It didn't take me very long because I just tossed everything into the suitcase. I saw no reason to pack it neatly; I had unlimited storage.
 
Kurama appeared to be impressed, because I had finished packing at almost the same time that he had. "Ready for breakfast?" He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a green t-shirt.
 
I nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm kinda hungry."
 
"Very well..." The kitsune opened the door, swept me up into his arms, and carried me bridal-style to the dining room.
 
Breakfast was short and noisy. Yusuke and Koenma were arguing with Botan and Keiko trying to make them shut up, and Hiei and Kuwabara were going at it as well; however, Cassie was smart enough to just let Hiei outsmart the carrot-top. She just ate her food, making gentle, insulting comments every so often to help Hiei against the larger male.
 
After breakfast, everyone cleaned up the beach house. Kurama and I took care of the living room, Botan and Koenma took the kitchen, and Keiko and Yusuke cleaned up the dining room. Everyone cleaned up their respective bedrooms.
 
By the time we had to leave for the airport, everyone was packed and the beach house was clean. So, with nothing left to do, we all piled into our taxis and headed to the airport.
 
An hour later, we were on the plane and in the air. Once again, we were in first class; and we were sitting in the same seating arrangement as before, courtesy of Kuwabara's planning.
 
I yawned, curling up against Kurama's side, my head on his shoulder. He rested his head on top of mine, one of his arms around my shoulders.
 
Looking across the aisle, I noticed that Cassie and Hiei were in a similar position, which greatly reminded me of the last plane ride. Both of them were already asleep, and that didn't surprise me in the least. The both of them had gone through a very... trying week. Also, I had a feeling that they weren't sleeping much at night, just like Kurama and me.
 
I closed my eyes, giving another small yawn. "Cassie and Hiei make the cutest couple," I commented.
 
"That they do," Kurama said in agreement. "I'm amazed at how their relationship has evolved so much. They went from almost total strangers to a married couple in one week."
 
"It would make a nice romance story."
 
"Possibly." He hugged me gently around my shoulders, pulling me a little closer to his body.
 
"Hey, they had a happy ending, didn't they?" I said in protest.
 
"Yes, they did," Kurama responded, shrugging and pulling me into his lap.
 
I was quiet for a few moments. "Ya know what? There's only one bad thing about all of this." I gave a small half-smile, amusement in my voice.
 
"And what is that?" the kitsune asked, looking over at me. Curiosity sparkled in his green eyes.
 
I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before I answered him. "My blackmail pictures are now completely and totally, one-hundred percent useless."