Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wanting Death, Loving Death... ❯ Wanting Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

M.G. Hey pplz! This is my first yu-yu-hakusho one-shot! Actually, this is my first one-shot period (Sweatdrops) he-he, anyway, I hope you like it! And I don't except flames! Constructive criticism is accepted however if done nicely. Anyway, Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
He ran through the forest. He didn't try to dodge the branches that caught in his cloths or hair, he just ran. He couldn't take it anymore. It just wasn't fair! He hated his life! He just wanted it all to end. He came to a clearing near a lake and he finally stopped. He sat down near the water. His eyes were glazed over and he looked deep in thought so he didn't notice the curious brown eyes that stared at him from the shadows of the trees.
 
 
The person stared at him. They had been watching him for quite a while. She had been watching from the beginning. She was watching when he left his house. When his girlfriend dumped him. When he couldn't take it anymore and had fled into the forest.
 
 
He took out a knife that he had with him. He stared at it in wonder as he brought it up to the light and studied the edge of the sharp object. He tested his finger on it and he felt a sharp pain and saw the blood start oozing out and poor from the small wound now on his finger. The cut was small so the bleeding stopped almost instantly. Only relinquishing a bit of the precious red liquid.
 
 
He stared at it thoughtfully. `A couple cuts is all it would take. I could end it all.' He slowly brought it to his wrist and positioned it just above a vein. Just as he was about to bring it down on the soft skin of his wrist, a voice interrupted him. “What are you doing?”
 
 
In his shock he dropped the blade he had been holding and spun around. There behind him stood a girl of about 13. Her face was curious and her head was tilted to the right slightly, making her shoulder length brown hair fall partially over her brown eyes. She was wearing a knee length skirt with a red tank top and sandals. She just looked so innocent and curious. He stared at her. “What do you mean?”
 
 
She giggled. “You know what I mean silly! Why are you trying to kill yourself?” She said it so casually that he stared at her in complete shock. She giggled at the look on his face. He gaped at her. “How can you talk about death so casually?!” She shrugged. “I don't know. Used to it I guess.” He looked at her in shock. Was this girl for real?!
 
 
“How can you be USED to it?!” She winked at him and put a finger to her lips. “It's a secret.” She giggled once again at his gaping expression. “You never answered my question. Why are you trying to kill yourself?” She tilted her head to the right again and looked confused and curious at the same time.
 
 
He glared at her before turning away. “Why would you care?” She looked confused at this question, not that he could see, his back was still to her. “Why wouldn't I care?” He turned to her and glared fiercer than before. She didn't flinch or look away from him, she just continued to stare. “Why wouldn't you care?! Because you don't even know me!” She stared calmly at the angered boy. “It doesn't matter if I don't know you. You obviously are hurt and need someone to talk to. It would be stupid to end your life now.” He glowered. “Stupid?! You have no idea what my life is like! What do you know?!”
 
 
What she did next surprised him. All of the previous innocence was gone as she glared fiercely at him. “What do I know??” He voice was dangerous and made a shiver go down his spine. “I know what I see. And I see a stupid fool who is to caught up in his own self-pity to look at the world around him. You think you life is bad? Well news flash, there are people out there that have it a lot worse than you. So if you really think you should die so badly, go ahead, I won't stop you. But is you decide to stop this pity-party and actually allow me to help you, maybe we can work this out.”
 
 
Her eyes bore into his, just daring him to pick up the knife and end his own life. Her eyes, the way they reflected no emotion, made it clear to him that she really WOULDN'T do anything and that she would not pity him. Slowly, he lowered his head and he clenched his eyes closed, trying to keep the tears in.
 
 
The girl stared at him carefully. It was clear to her that he wouldn't kill himself now. She slowly walked towards him until she was right in front of him. She lowered herself to her knees and she sat in front of him. Slowly, so as not to startle him, she wrapped her arms around him. He stiffened at her touch, as if not expecting it. Then slowly, he relaxed.
 
 
He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in her shoulder. Soon, she felt her shoulder become damp with tears and his body was racked with sobs. She rubbed circles on his back and spoke soothingly into his ear to try to calm him. After a while he relaxed and the tears had quite coming.
 
 
He pulled away embarrassed to have been crying his heart out on a complete strangers shoulder. She just smiled softly at him. “Now, do you wont to talk?” He nodded and they got into a more comfortable position. He stared talking about why his life was so miserable. He talked of his mom, of his now ex-girlfriend, and a whole lot of other shit that had happened in his life.
 
 
Throughout the whole time, she had just sat there and listened patiently. When he was done, he looked at her and she smiled at him. “Sounds to me like you have had a crappy life, but it also sounds like you have friends who care for you deeply.”
 
 
He nodded slowly, as if just thinking of how his possible death could have affected his friends. She smiled, as if reading his mind. “You know, I don't think your friends would exactly like it if you just up and decided to kill yourself. Next time you consider suicide, think about them, and how much they care about you.” She stood up and brushed her self off.
 
 
She offered a hand to him and he smiled at her before allowing her to help pull him up. It was weird, he just met her, yet already felt so comfortable around her. This was so unlike him. She turned and started walking away. His eyes widened. He didn't even know her name! “Wait!” He called out after her. She stopped and turned to him. “Yes?”
 
 
“At least tell me your name!” She smiled at him secretly. “Don't worry, you don't need to know now. We'll meet again…Yusuke Urameshi.” Then before Yusuke could protest, she had melted into the shadows and was gone.
 
 
“How did she know my name?” Yusuke asked himself. He shook his head and smirked in amusement. “She's a weird girl. I'll be looking forward to meeting her in the future.” He turned back to the small lake he had found himself by at the end of his run through the woods. He looked at the sky and notice that the sun was setting. He smiled very faintly at the beauty of it.
 
 
“I'm glad she stopped me from doing something so foolish. I would have missed this. Not to mention my friends would have killed me.” He chuckled at the thought. He turned around and slowly made his way from the clearing. `But I still want to know how that girl knew my name!'
 
 
From somewhere in the trees, the girls brown eyes watched as Yusuke slowly made his way from the clearing. He was no doubt going home. `Yusuke Urameshi…We'll meet again sooner than you think...'
 
 
With that, she was gone.
 
 
 
 
M.G. There you go! Hope you like it. Bet you didn't see that coming though! Anyway, there will be a sequel to this one-shot if I get enough reviews requesting it!
 
 
Plz R and R!
 
Morte