Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Watching You ❯ Seeing You Again ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BlackRoseVixen05: Hiya, people. As always, welcome to the next chapter of “Watching You”. Thanks to everyone who reviewed last time. And now, on with the fanfic!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
Chapter Four
 
Kurama awoke the next morning to a loud ringing sound. The kitsune groaned sleepily as he stepped out of bed. Making his way across his room, he picked up his pocket communicator from his deck and flipped it open. Botan's face soon appeared on the once blank screen.
 
“Good morning, Kurama. Sleep well?” she said in her usual overly cheery tone.
 
“Yes, Botan. Thank you,” Kurama replied, sweat-dropping.
 
“That's good, you'll be needing all your strength today. Koenma has an assignment for you and the others. He wants you all to meet him at the park in two hours. And don't worry, Yusuke and the rest have already been informed,” Botan explained.
 
“Alright, Botan, I'll be there,” he said, giving a reassuring nod.
 
“Great! Good luck,” she giggled before disappearing. The screen went black and Kurama put away the communicator. Sighing softly, Kurama went to get dressed.
 
After getting dressed, the kitsune did as he was told and left to meet the others in the park. He quickly reached his destination and found Yusuke and the rest of the group waiting for him.
 
Once they were all together, the team proceeded to the spot where they were assigned to meet with Koenma. The signal from their communication watches led them to the same spot where they had fought the demon mantises the day before.
 
The Spirit World prince stood waiting for them in the center of the thickly wooded area. As the Reikei Tentei approached, Koenma turned to face them.
 
“Good, you've arrived,” he said, trying to sound serious.
 
“Yeah, so what's the problem now, Koenma? More insects?” Yusuke said curiously.
 
“Yes, more than ever. A large amount of insects have been detected trying to pass through to this world. I want you all to go and put a stop to their rampage. Or at least slow it down,” Koenma informed as a portal opened next to him. “And…try not to get killed, will ya?”
 
“Heh, no worries,” Yusuke said, giving Koenma a thumbs up. Yusuke motioned for the others to follow him as he jumped through the portal. As the last one disappeared through the rift, Koenma sighed as he vanished, heading back to Spirit World.
 
Once Koenma was gone, the portal began to slowly close. But unbeknownst to Koenma or the Spirit Detectives, a certain cloaked figure managed to slip into the portal after them.
 
In Demon World
 
Yusuke and the gang had just arrived in Demon World. As Koenma had said, there was indeed a large swarm of demon insects, all clamoring to try and get through the portal to Human World.
 
Yusuke, with the help of the others, were able to drive back the insects closest to the portal. After doing so, they split up to find and destroy the other insects scattered around the area.
 
As Kurama made his way deeper into a seemingly random forest, the scenery began to look strangely familiar. Though he felt like he had been here before, he couldn't quite remember when.
 
He abandoned his thoughts when a buzzing noise caught his attention. Remembering his last encounter with the bugs, Kurama looked to the treetops.
Sure enough, suspended on the branches of three trees, were large white cocoons. There were about four cocoons on each tree, and as if on cue, the cocoons began to shake and rumble.
 
The cocoons then started to make a cracking sound and small pieces of the white crusty shells fell to the ground. The cocoons then split open and out flew large wasp-like insects. Red and black stripes covered the insects' bodies, each of them approximately three feet in length.
 
The insects had six legs, two of which resembled long sickle-like claws. Their wings hummed as the insects floated menacingly in the air above the kitsune. Then, without warning, the insects swarmed him, all attacking at the same time.
 
Kurama gracefully dodged their attack by doing a back flip in the other direction, causing the wasps to collide with the ground. The kitsune smirked at how sloppily the insects' attack formation was planned.
 
Kurama got back to his feet in time to dodge another attack. As the wasps circled around for another dive attack, it gave Kurama just enough time to reach for his communication mirror. But as he opened it to speak with the others, one of the wasps swooped down and knocked the mirror from his hands.
 
The mirror flew from the fox's grasp, landing in the bushes near by. He didn't have time to go and search for it, for the insects were attacking again. This time, more viciously. They blocked his path as he attempted to retrieve the mirror, making him veer off in the other direction. The bugs followed close behind, fully intent on catching him as he ran, no matter what.
 
Kurama then turned quickly, slashing at the wasps with his whip. He managed to cut one in two, though it tried to dodge. He killed off five more of the wasps the same way, being careful not to get too close. Now, only three insects were left, and Kurama knew he would have no trouble killing them as well.
 
That is…until he felt an agonizing pain in his right shoulder. With a groan of pain, the kitsune dropped to his knees, clutching his shoulder. One of the wasps had launched its stinger at him from behind, penetrating his shoulder. The stinger was easily the size of a steak knife and just as sharp.
 
Wincing, Kurama grabbed the stinger and yanked it out of his bleeding shoulder. He tossed it aside and got to his feet again. He dodged as all the insects began firing their stingers at him. Though his pace had slowed, Kurama continued to maneuver away from the bombardment of stingers. And, unfortunately, the wasps didn't appear as though they would be running out of ammo anytime soon.
 
Eventually, Kurama managed to destroy the rest of the insects. Having just killed the last one, Kurama fell to his knees again, panting. Shakily, he stood up and went to look for his communication mirror. He staggered as he walked, leaning against trees for support. He held his shoulder tightly as he stopped to catch his breath. Just that little walk made him feel like he had done a lap around Spirit World.
 
`What's wrong with me? I feel so dizzy…' Kurama thought.
 
His head was spinning and his vision began to blur. He then started to cough violently. He winced as his head began to pound. The fox covered his mouth as he was sent into another fit of coughing. Once his coughing began to lessen, he detected a certain metallic taste in his mouth. He looked down at the hand that covered his mouth and was shocked at what he saw…blood.
 
`Blood? But what could have…?' he thought, but then the answer hit him. `The stinger! It…must have been…' he didn't get to finish his thought, for a sharp pain shot through his chest. His thoughts had indeed been correct. The stinger was poisoned. He gasped as he sat down on the ground. The hand that once clutched his shoulder was now gripping his chest.
 
He was now having trouble breathing and his lungs felt as though they were caving in. He hacked up more blood as he collapsed onto the ground. He gasped softly for breath as his vision faded more and more. He cursed himself for not realizing the stinger's poison before. Now he was really in trouble.
 
As his eyes began to close, Kurama felt strong arms lift him off the ground, holding him bridal style. Kurama glanced up, straining his eyes to see. To his shock, it was the stranger. He had once again come to Kurama's aid. The kitsune rested his head against the stranger's chest, as the stranger darted away quickly.
 
“Hold on, Fox. I've got you,” the stranger said, looking down at the weakened fox in his arms. Kurama eyes widened slightly as he heard the stranger's voice for the first time.
 
`That voice…' Kurama thought as he started to lose consciousness. `It can't be…right?' That was his last thought before everything went black.
 
At the forest entrance
 
Yusuke and the others had rejoined each other and were waiting for Kurama. They had been waiting a half an hour, but the fox had yet to show up. The group was beginning to worry.
 
`Damn it, Kurama. Where are you?' Yusuke wondered, staring out into the forest.
 
Somewhere deep in the forest
 
Groaning quietly, Kurama slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times to clear his vision and he looked at his surroundings. He was inside a large cave. A fire was lit in the center of the cave floor and he saw that it was now dark outside. He was lying on a soft mat placed on the cave floor and over him was a blanket made of lots of different furs.
 
Then a familiar pain in his shoulder caused him to wince. He looked down to see that his shirt was missing and that his wounded shoulder had been bandaged. Then a sudden movement to his left caught his attention and he jumped slightly.
 
It was the cloaked figure. He watched as the stranger stepped into the light, standing not too far from him, his back turned. Kurama decided to speak up, since the figure had yet to.
 
“Listen to me, I appreciate your help, but I demand to know who you are. I know you've been following me and I know you're not human. Why did you come to Human World? And why did you stalk me?” Kurama said in a some-what angered tone. But the stranger said nothing.
 
“Answer me! Why did you follow me?” Kurama half yelled. The stranger sighed then turned to face the kitsune.
 
“Very well. I'll tell you. Now's as good a time as any I suppose,” the stranger said, almost nervously. Kurama held his breath as he waited for him to explain.
 
“I came to Human World in search of someone, someone very close to me. I looked and looked, but couldn't find them anywhere. Then, I saw you, and you reminded me so much of whom I was searching. But it wasn't like I could just walk up and ask. So, I began to follow you. To see if I could figure out who you really were,” the stranger said, stepping closer to Kurama.
 
“I now know exactly who you are. You are whom I've searched for. You are Suichi Minamino, aka Yoko Kurama, aka The Legendary Bandit, and aka…my best friend…” the stranger said, his voice seeming to lighten at these words.
 
Kurama's eyes widened. Could this be? Was it possible? He then got his answer. The stranger reached a slender hand from under the cloak, grabbing it and tossing it aside. The stranger smiled warmly at Kurama, chuckling softly at the fox's expression.
 
Kurama's eyes widened more, and his body began to tremble with shock and disbelief. His heart even stopped beating for a brief moment. This just wasn't possible…
 
“Ku-Kuronue?” Kurama whispered, being granted another smile.
 
“Heh, long time no see, Fox,” Kuro replied.
 
End of Chapter Four
 
BlackRoseVixen05: Yay! The chapter is done! But don't think that this is the end, people. No, no! There is much more to come. So, please, stay tuned! By the way, it's gonna take eight or more reviews this time. So please, please, please review! Don't let my ficcie die!