Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Has Changed ❯ Chapter 1: Who Are You? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KS: I'm at it again, guys. I'm planning on finishing this story, not like my other ones. Just kidding, I'll get around to them one day....

~*~

What Has Changed
Rating:
PG 13 (mostly for violence and Kori's anger issues)
Summary: When Kurama's attacked by a demon, it sends him flying back almost twenty years in the past (in his mind) and right into his true form: Yoko Kurama. Finding Kori, an old friend and partner, could help him, but harm her. How could she ever explain what has changed?

~*~

Chapter 1: Who Are You?

Yusuke felt horrible. As the leader of the group, he had to make decisions. So how could he not realize that going straight into a mind trickery demon's territory was dangerous?

"SPIRIT GUN!!" he yelled, as the blue spirit energy emitted from his finger and hit its target. Another illusion. DAMN.

"Damn it," he heard Hiei grunt, and then the opponent, another one of those damn illusions, burst into flames. Even Hiei wasn't holding up to well, and that did everything, but boost his confidence.

Kuwabara was right by his side, fending off illusions. "Where the hell is the coward?" Kuwabara asked. "He should be out here fighting like a man."

Well, you could always count on one thing: Kuwabara's honor code.

Now all that was needed was an intelligent comment from Kurama and thing would be fine... Wait...

"Where's Kurama?" Yusuke shouted, managing to dodge an attack.

"Don't know," replied Kuwabara. "I haven't really seen him."

Uh-oh.... That means trouble, doesn't it?

~*~

Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara had managed to fend most of them off. And now, searching for their lost teammate took up that space.

"Where can fox boy be?" Yusuke asked.

"Hn." came Hiei's common reply. He had used his Jagan but it was useless, Kurama, or someone, had obviously blocked his youkai.

"Try again," Yusuke told Hiei. They had to find Kurama, or he'd feel like he failed everything and everyone.

Hiei did so. But this time, he could sense Kurama and his location. "Follow me," he stated, disappearing, Yusuke and Kuwabara after him, as fast as they could run.

And surprised when they saw not only the plant life that had grown tremendously around them, but the unconscious state of their partner's true form: Yoko Kurama.

~*~

Yoko still hadn't woken up. Genkai and Yukina both had commented how strange it was that he had been changed into Yoko Kurama, but they couldn't explain why it had happened or how.

All of them-Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, Yukina, Genkai, and the newly arrived Botan and Koenma- waited for Yoko to wake up.

Of course, when he did finally wake up, he blinked a few times and then sat up.

“Yoko? You feeling better?” Yusuke asked.

Yoko continued to blink, and then his features changed into a thief’s. “Who are you?” Yoko asked. “And what did you Kori and Kuronue?”