Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Has Changed ❯ Chapter 13: Is It The Last Goodbye? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KS: UHHHHH..... UMMMMMM... YEAH. Okay! Just read and review the damn fic. Sorry for the shortness.

~*~

NO REVIEWS!!!!

~*~

What Has Changed
Rating:
PG 13 (mostly for violence and Kori's anger issues)
Summary: When Kurama's attacked by a demon, it sends him flying back almost twenty years in the past (in his mind) and right into his true form: Yoko Kurama. Finding Kori, an old friend and partner, could help him, but harm her. How could she ever explain what has changed?
Note: The rest of the story will be told in Yoko's POV or Kori's POV. There will be occasional flashbacks which will most likely be in third person.

~*~

Chapter 13: Is It The Last Goodbye?

Yoko's POV

I felt Kori's prescence behind us. She was listening, probably waiting for us to leave. Probably hoping. I knew her to well, and I had told her she could make it on her own. And me coming back sixteen years later probably wasn't a help to her psyvologic issues. Or she would come storming out, telling us to get lost.

She was choosing the first. And I was going to have to go after there. For a talk. To tell her goodbye. And that I might not come back for awhile. And that was going to kill me.

~*~

"You remember now, right?" she asked, as soon as I had walked behind the trees. Her back was to me, but I could tell that she had her arms crossed.

"Remember my life?" I asked. "Yeah, I remember that."

"Good. I guess that means your leaving," she stated. Then out of nowhere: "You know you haven't changed much."

"I'll take that as a compliment," I stated.

And then it was dead silent for the next five minutes.

"Well... Um...." I started, but she inturrupted-

"What's your name now?"

"Suichii. But my friends call me Kurama," I replied, then silence.

"Well, I guess its good-" I started again....

But she turned around and snapped, "Don't, Yoko. Don't say it. Just leave. Go back and leave me alone."

"Kori, I-"

"Leave, Yoko. If you're going to say anything say it to your friends. Not me," she snapped.

"Kori, I think your being unfair. I'm trying to tell you some-"

"No, you know what's unfair. You left me alone for sixteen years and didn't give me a single clue that you were alive," Kori snapped. "And then you come back, not remembering a damn thing, and expect me to relive my memories." She took a deep breath, and wiped her eyes, which had actually started to tear. "And now, you're going to leave and not come back- Yes, Yoko, I know exactley what you were going to do, so don't even try to tell me you weren't."

"Kori-"

"Don't even," she snapped. "Am I not good enough, now that you're a whole different person?"

Okay, so she was making me angry. But who would ever think that? "Why would I ever do that Kori? Why would you even think that?"

"Hmm, let me think. You live in the Ningenkai, have a whole life there that I've never known about, dropped your name- well maybe in this form you haven't, but your human form you have -you have new friends, and you work for Koenma and the Reikai, but that dosen't make you a different person though does it, Yoko?" she asked, sarcasticly.

I grabbed her and thought about shaking her, but I couldn't do it. "Don't you think I wanted to come back?" I asked.

"No," Kori stated. "I wouldn't have, if I were you and had made a better life."

This confused me, so I just stared at her with my mouth wide open.

She seemed to get that I was confused, "I shouldn't have let you died." And it looked like she was going to cry, so I did the only thing that came to mind: I hugged her.

"Don't even think about starting with the waterworks, Kit," I muttered into her hair. "They don't go well with your stubborness and hot temper."

"I'm not going to cry."

"Of course you aren't."

It was quiet agin, but this time I could hear her breathing and feel her heartbeat.

"You never knew, then, did you?" I asked.

"Knew what?" Kori asked.

"You did save me that day," I stated. "You're the reason I'm standing here."