Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What's Love Got to Do With It ❯ Rush Delivery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What's Love Got to Do With It

Rush Delivery

Kagome Higurashi was a fool. As she laid in the hospital bed getting ready to deliver the second joy of her life this is what she thought to herself. Her mother seemed to know what she was thinking because she squeezed her daughter's hand lightly.

"It's going to be alright Kagome" Giving one of her motherly smiles she patted her hand just as a woman came in the room. She looked to be Kagome's age but she knew better than to trust a persons looks. After all this was a demon's hospital.

"Hello Miss Higurashi" she said comfortingly "Are you ready?"

The blue eyed girl shook her head and the woman chuckled "Don't worry it will be over as quickly as possible."

Slapping on a pair of gloves she pulled on the mouth protector. "Okay... push!"

As Kagome began to push with all her might her mind drifted back to the day she found out she was pregnant and when she went to tell him.

Flashback

It was around midnight when Kagome snuck out of the village still clad in her school uniform. Sango, Miroku, Shippo. Though sleep, knew where she was destined for. As for Inuyasha, she hadn't bothered to wake or tell him, because he would only try to stop her.

The black haired girl panted as she ran through the forest holding her stomach.

Three months had passed since Naraku was defeated and the Shikon no Tama became whole. Things had only gotten better from then on. Sango and Miroku were engaged to be married next month, Inuyasha had made Kags his sister with a reluctant Sessomaru agreeing to do the blood bond, and the ever bushy tailed kit became her adopted son, much to their joy. But something was missing from her life and her instincts knew exactically what it was: a mate. She used the term loosely because even though she was part demon her human side only wanted to be dated.

The miko stopped where the forest met a grassy green clearing then a cave. She smile heading for the cave. Just as she had made it to the caves entrance a shadow appeared overhead.

'Danger!' screamed her powers.

Backflipping out of the way, Kagome narrowly missed a cobra demons strike. Her feet skidded back wards on the grass as she glared at her opponent. Her nails grew into sharp claws that flashed in the pale moonlight.

The cobra demon swayed dangerously ready to strike again. "Give me the Jewel girl, and maybe I'll let chu live as my pet"

Kagome smiled sweetly "Thanks for the offer, but the Jewel stays with me."

"Then I guess I'll have to pry it from you cold dead carcass!"

It lunged at the girl and she dodged jumping high into the moonlight her eyes glinting a deadly sapphire. "Soul Reaver!"

Her claws raked down the demon ruby red eye slicing it out of its socket making it screach in pain. "My eye!" Menacingly it hissed down at the black haired girl. "Girl you will pay for that!"

Without warning it's tail encased Kagome from below squeezing the day light out of her. The pressure in her lungs was building as she fought for air.

'Help!' her mind screamed.

"Ojigi so!" shouted a familiar voice.

The plant sprouted out of the cave clamping down on the demon. Surprised, the cobra dropped Kagome into strong arms. The snake's scream raked the clearing until it was devoured by the plant.

That someone holding her set her carefully on feet "Kagome?"

She gave a half smile to her savior "Hey Yoko. How's it going?"

Oooooooooo

Yoko sighed at the girl sitting before him. "Kagome what how many time's have I told you, this part of the forest is too dangerous?"

Shrugging she looked at the ground before replying "Couple hundred?"

"Try three hundred seventy two"

"Yomi!"

Yomi smiled his ears twitching "Hey Kags. You're looking beautiful as ever." Then he turned to Yoko "Am I interrupting?"

He looked back to Kags who was now playing with some grass "No. What is it?"

The pale demon grinned from ear to ear "There's something I want to ask you"

Though Yoko's brow rose he nodded anyways and followed Yomi into another part of the cave.

Once he were sure they were out of earshot Yoko's arms crossed and his voice turned cold "What is it this time Yomi?"

Yomi smirked at the familiar tone "Come now, Yoko. Do you really have to use that tone?"

The silver haired demon glared making Yomi sigh "Fine, how do you feel about Kagome having children?"

This question surprised the fox. For an instant his amber eyes widened. But they narrowed at once. "I feel she's too young. I wouldn't accept any children from her at her age. But... if she wanted them I would be more than obliged to help. Why do you ask?"

Halfway through Yoko's answer a shadowy figure took off into the night and Yomi smirked at his accomplishment. Maybe this would work.

Oooooooooooo

When Kagome looked up Yoko and Yomi were gone.

"Now where did those two go?"she wondered. After little while of searching she found them in the lower part of the cave talking. She leaned in a little so she could hear their words.

"How do you feel about Kagome having children?" That one was a deeper so that had to be Yomi.

She'd expected to hear Yoko's soothing voice say how he'd love kids and maybe some other great things about children. So when his voice hit her she was shocked to her him say "I feel she's too young. I wouldn't accept any children from her at her age.-"

Breath hitched in her throat as she took off the opposite way using her demon speed to bolt out of the hideout before anyone could smell her tears.

Flashback End

"Congratulations, Miss Higurashi, it's a girl."

The bloodied child was pale with small black tufts of hair and two black fox ears atop her head. She wailed loud and clear as a nurse cleaned her off.

The girl's mother smoothed out her bangs that were plastered to forehead "You did great hon. So what are you going to name her?"

Kagome was still panting some when answered sadly "Yuki. He used to like that name and so do I"
Converting /tmp/phpjeJ12L to /dev/stdout