Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Where the Shadows Dwell ❯ south of heaven ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*****************************************


Chapter 2 : South of Heaven





This place where life sucks and no one can save you. Welcome to South of Heaven.


*********************************************



"Man, I can't believe we're actually in this hell hole." Yusuke whined wiping the sweat off his forhead.

"Don't worry, as soon as we get Hiei's spirit back, we can leave." Kurama said sternly.

"Why can't we just leave him here? I mean, I'm sure he'll just 'love' to live here. Look, it's even nice and sunny." Yusuke said, but soon regretted it as Kurama gave him a pointed glare.

"Now Yusuke, I'm sure you don"t mean that."

"Yes I do. This is what he get's for being sick and not telling us." Yusuke began but was cut off by Kurama.

"But he doesn't deserve to be here. Deep down he's a good person."

"Yeah, deep, deep, deep down maybe, but on the outside, he still pisses me off!" Yusuke mutterred under his breath, but Kurama still heard him, throwing the empty water-bottle at him and wacking him in the head.

"Yep, definitly pisses me off." he grumbled, thanking the gods that Kurama hadn't heard him.



***********************************************


When Hiei awoke he was strangely warm, nothing like the freezing forest he was in. Then, all of his memory came flying back to him.

"Ok" he muttered to himself "dead... and I'm in hell, great."

He picked himself up and looked around. It figures that he would be sent to hell. He would of laughed at how ironic that was, but he found his throat rather dry; and when have Hiei ever laughed. Now that he thought about it, he probably never have, probably never will.

Hell looked, to him, like alot of the 'nigens thought it would be. It was scorching in the underworld, even if he was use to the heat; he was a fire demon after all. He could probably die again from dehydration. It was full of lava and had volcanos piled up every which way. It even had smoke rising from the volcanos' smokey tips drifting to the low ceiling. But the one thing that pissed him off waas that there were no trees. Even if plants were Kurama's thing, he found hiself living in them often, and found them rather relaxing. Where would he live now? A dark, damp crater? I don't think so. In the end, he found him self walking, absolutely no where.



**********************************************


Most would be confused to see three humans in the underworld; most humans don't do bad enough things to be sent to hell. The population mostly consisted of demons.

They began their search for Hiei's soul for about fout hours. His body has been preserved with Koenma's help, after all, he was the prince of the Spirit World. They had up to twenty-four hours until th spell wore of, and his body would start to decompose. Yukina was revived almost immediately since she was allowed to stay in the Reikai, but it also had something to do with Kuwabara screaming bloody murder about his dearest Yukina and how if she wasn't revived this instant, there would be hell to pay.

"How much longer Uremeshi" Kuwabara said, yawning and streching out his legs.

"Why do you think I whould know" he shouted, now annoyed at the question that he asked about thirty times.

Kuwabara and Yusuke started to yell back and forth until Kurama, yet again had to seperate them. It seems the group has gotten worse since the stubborn demon died. He was a sort of mediator, he would fight with one of them if they start to fight with each other, usually ending up as him as the victor while the others just grin and bear it. Of course, he never gloated, unless they provoked him first.



**********************************************


Hiei ended exactly where he started, well, what looked like where he started. He has been walking around for what seemed like hours and he hasn't met anything of great interest, just a couple of orges and lizard demons. As he continued on, he walked straight toward the craters in the east, unable to go north or west because of the cliffs and volcanos. As he reached the craters, what he saw startled him beyond understanding. Humans. Not just any humans, his 'friends'. His 'friends' were here. In hell. Of all the places! They just had to be here!



***********************************************



They continued walking until Kurama felt eyes staring at him. Curious, he turned around and met crimsion eyes glaring at them. He gasped and backed up a few steps until he tripped over a rock. Even as he fell the short distance to the ground, he never once looked away. Yusuke wondering why he stopped looked toward were their friend was staring at. he motioned to Kuwabara to look also. What they saw was Hiei staring, well glaring right at them.


**********************************************


With his demonic speed, Hiei made his way toward the group. Running as fast as he could.

"What are you doing here" he growled. He thought he got rid of them.

"What do you mean ' what are we doing here ' we're here for you you stubburn jackass!" Yusuke spat at the growling demon.

Kurama was happy to see his friend, yet sad to see they weren't wanted. " Hiei, how exactly did you die." he asked quietly, making the others stop yelling so they would be able to here them.

But Hiei didn't answer instead he stated "I don't want to go back."

"Why" such a small word, but it has so much meaning.

"Because, if I was suppose to die, I need to stay dead."

"Were you suppose to die."

There was a small snort before he said a simple "apparently"

"Are you sure? Yukina died as well, maybe someone cursed you."

When Hiei heard this, his back went stiff, no one touched his sister."Yukina died?" he stated through clenched teeth.

'Opps. Let that slip. Won't happen again.' "Yes, but even if you are twins, you wouldn't die on the same day at the same exact time, Hiei, it's not possible, there has to be the same some explaination." Kurama said calmly, none of the feelings he had in his head.

Hiei just nodded and walked with the group back to the port-key that Koenma gave them to get to the underworld. They walked through it and back to the Reikai were Koenma and his body awaited him.


***********************************************