Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ White Ribbons ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~A thing in the distance is seen racing toward readers, when closely inspected it appears to be the authoress.~ HIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Knocks readers over~ Oops anyways. ~ Leaves readers on the floor wondering about this crazy girl before them. ~ Welcome to the four chappie of `White Ribbons' in this eppie LK has lost her memory and its up to the gang to get it back and figure out why this is happed. ^^ Have fun reading ~ Runs off at top speed. ~
O__O - Readers
 
Disclaimer- I don't own yu yu if I did why would I be writing fan fics? I would be fucking rich! But I don't damn.
 
 
WHITE RIBBONS
 
LK watched the figure covered in black leap with amazing agility out into the night. She turned her attention back to the group in front of her that seemed to be ignoring her and talking amongst them selves. “Well what should we do?” Yusuke inquire. “There isn't much we can do. The best thing we can do is send her home.” Botan stated just arriving a few minuets ago. LK just yawned, bored after a few minutes of them talking. “Can I go home now?” She asked in a sleepy tone. They stared blankly at her, not really sure how to answer her. “Who should take her home?” Yusuke asked. “I'll do it. I can put her to sleep when we reach her home.” Kurama stated as he walked over and offered his hand to LK. She stared blankly at him and stood up under her own power, wincing slightly and clutching her left arm. Concern flashed through Kurama's eyes. As he tried to find the problem ailing his teammate. He lifted her sleeve to reveal blood seeping through the bandages. “Yukina get more gaze. And bandages.” Kurama stated. The ice apparition nodded and hurried off. Kurama stroked LK's hair and held her, trying to sooth the pain. It worked a little as Yukina returned with gaze and bandages. She re-wrapped the wound and put more gaze on it. “That should help for a little while.” She stated. Worry flashing in her crimson eyes. LK saw this worry and smiled at her trying to reassure the ice maiden. LK pushed off the ground and looked toward Kurama. He smiled and led her out of the temple into the cool night air. Down the steps bathed in the pale moonlight.
 
As Kurama made his way back up the steps he sighed. He didn't like leaving her there like that. She seemed so alone and afraid. Ever though she was in her own home. He just shook his head. He couldn't do anything with out seeming like a freak. He couldn't reassure her it was alright. No matter how much he wanted to help his friend. His head shot up. His eyes flashed with alertness. He sensed someone near. Hiei jumped out of the tree next to him and landed in front of him. His cold features attaining him. “Did you do it fox?” He inquired in a harsh voice. Kurama sighed. “Yes she's back home safely. But.” He stated. “She looked afraid, in her eyes I mean. When she approached the house, she looked almost scared of it. Like she sensed some evil there that only she could see. But then again she can see what she's not support to see and she wonders things her brain shouldn't worry about. But that's what make her, her.” Kurama stated as he walked back into the temple. “Goodnight Hiei.” He said as he walked inside.
 
Hiei sat on the roof and pondered over the last few weeks. `Whats going to happen?' He pondered to him self. Unaware of the newly falling snow. A piece fell onto his warm cheek and melted. He peered up into the sky as the snow continued to fall. He caught a piece and fingered it making it into a fine crystal. He smirked to himself and clutched the crystal. “Hn.” He said and jumped off into the night with the painted pale pastel moon.
 
“Hey gang we got an order from Koenma. He wants you to come down to spirit world right way.” Botan stated as she walking into the temple. Everyone was lazed around the living room. No one really looked up. “Hey what are you all zombies? Whats…” She trailed off as she thought. She then smiled to her self. “I know what Koenma wants to tell you!” she stated her bubbles personality returning to her. “Which would be?” Yusuke inquired from his spot stretched across the couch. “Oh I don't know, maybe how LK can get her memory back and who's after her.” Botan smiled to her self as she turned and started to walk out the temple. The boys were on their feet and right behind her in minuets.
 
 
Koenma waited patiently for the team to arrive. The sound of feet clattering caught his attention. “PACIFIRE BREATH!” Yusuke screamed breathlessly. “Can you… can you really get her memory back?” Yusuke inquired. To him LK was an older sister. Always there to help and look out from him. To the others she was the same except to Hiei and Kurama. To Kurama she was just the opposite. She was like a little sister. Always curious about the world that surrounded her. It was different for Hiei. “Well to be blunt yes. But it will take some doing. Firstly one of you will have to infiltrate her home as a Japanese exchange student. Then this person will protect her from any youkai that might attack. Then he will bring her here and we will restore her memory. If.” He said pointing his index finger up. “If and only if she wants it. Its totally her choice.” He stated. “Now the only question is who will do it. I suggest either Hiei or Kurama. They are best suited to a case as delicate as this one.” Koenma stated. “What do you mean delicate?” Kuwabara inquired. “Well after the attack her psyche is very fragile and restoring her memories may damage it more. And with the chance of a youkai attack that might push her over the edge and have a mental break down.” Koenma stated in a matter of fact tone. Hiei greeted his teeth. “I'll do it. I have no schooling so I can protect her throughout the day.” He stated. “All right we will enroll you at her school and give you a schedule as close to her's a possible. You will also need an identity and if anyone asks you know English but mostly speak Japanese. Your bags will be at her house when you arrive. You will arrive a little after she gets home. NOW GET GOING!” Koenma stated as he pushed a button and Hiei fell through a trap door. Yusuke and Kuwabara just peered down the hole. “Wow that's new.” Kuwabara stated.
 
 
LK trudged up the steps to her house. She was nursing a bruised cheek. She had gotten beat up for sticking up for a friend. It wasn't fair she tried to do the right thing and she got a beat down. After she was on the ground they decided they would kick her till she couldn't breath without gasping. She dug around in her bag and pulled out her keys. “What a day.” She said to her self as she entered her house. She dropped her backpack on the ground and removed her converses. She walked over to a hanging mirror and checked her face. A larger purplish blue bruise was forming on her cheek. “Nice. Mom's going to love that. And what else I got suspended for fighting. Nice. Perfect ending to a perfect day.” She mumbled to her self. The doorbell rang. LK sighed to her self. `Probally the neighbors. Lost their Frisbee again.' She thought as she answered the door. “Yes what can I do for you?” She asked not really looking at the person on the other side. “You can get my bags. That would be good.” Stated a cool voice. LK mind snapped back to earth and she looked at the owner of the cool voice. He had a pair of baggy blue jeans and a black tank top with a larger black button up shirt over it. LK just kinda stared at the guy before her. “What… who are you?” She asked unsure if she wanted to hear the answer and not just have him come in. “My name is Hiei Jaganshi. I'm an exchange student from Japan and I'm going to stay here for the time being.” He stated in a cool voice and leaned against the doorframe. “Ok I don't remember sighing up for it. Oh wait Mum must have done it. Oh well um welcome I guess.” She stated as she opened the door so he could come in. “Whats wrong with your face?” Hiei stated. “Oh this.” She asked touching the forming bruise. “I got beat up for no real reason. Except I have a gay friend.” She stated simply. “That doesn't seem fair.” Hiei stated as he stared at it. “Well neither does being suspended for a week for defending a friend. But that's life.” She shrugged and walked over to the fridge and pulled out an ice pack and placed it on her cheek. “Come on I'll show you to your room.” She stated as she walked up stairs.
 
 
“So your name is Hiei?” An older looking guy asked, he had a crew cut and it was a deep black. “Yes bubbles his name is Hiei get over it.” A girl with deep red hair stated. “Yo shut up Rie I was just checking so I don't call him the wrong thing.” He stated. “Shut up Ryan.” A girl with magenta hair yelled. “Quite mortals!” A dark skinned boy yelled. “Yes jebuse!” LK stated. Everyone but Hiei cracked up. He sighed. “Are you always like this at lunch Kitsune?” Hiei asked LK. “Hmm. Yeah.” She said still getting used to the nickname he gave her. “It's the best.” She said as she smiled as she watched Rie sneak up behind the guy know as Bubbles who was rocking back in his chair. “BWA!!” She screamed as she pulled his chair back and he scrambled to grab something so he wouldn't fall. “Wahahahahahahaha.” Everyone burst out laughing at his expense. “Nice one Rie.” The dark skinned boy named Dion said, as he looked over at the deep red head that giggled as bubbles as he was known, crawled back up. “You so suck Rie.” Ryan stated. “Deal with it Bubbles.” She yelled as everyone laughed. Hiei just smiled as he watched LK laugh. She was happy really happy.
 
 
Lk tapped her pencil on the desk. It was fifth period math and she was bored as hell. Hiei sat across from her and listened to the teacher blabber on about some equation. LK yawned as she opened her sketchbook and began mindless ling doodling. She looked down at her sketch. She blushed; it was of the midnight hared boy across her. She wasn't even fully aware she was sketching him. She snapped the book shut as Hiei turned his attention back to her. “What?” he asked. “Nothing.” She stated in a quick manner. A tall lanky boy passed by as another teacher was talking. When the teacher turned his back the boy lifted up his middle finger, flicking off the teacher. Bubbles who was sitting next to LK, along with LK laughed up a storm as Hiei smirked. Bubbles tipped back, he was laughing so hard and ended up falling over. Everyone laughed. “Ryan you'll be standing the rest of the period and the next one.” The teacher stated as Ryan tried to plead his case. “Ryan just shut up now. Your just screwing you self over more.” LK said as she placed a hand on his shoulder. Hiei growled as she did this. For some reason he felt protective over her. Like she was already his. The bell rang and the two of them fled the classroom making their way up stairs to their sixth.
 
 
LK huffed as she lifted the laundry basket onto her hip for better balance. She walked into her mother's room as threw the basket onto her bed. (AN: her mom knows she's a demon because she has special senses that can tell who's a demon. And she knows Hiei's a demon. Just letting you know.) She pulled out Hiei's shirts and pants and placed them off to the side as she divided up the clothes. She then picked up his clothes and walked over to her brother's room where Hiei was staying while her brother was at college. She knocked. “Hiei? Ya in there?” She inquired. Hearing no answer she opened the door was walked over to the closet and pulled out a coat hanger and placed his shirt on it. A large object fell at her feet and made a clunking sound. She looked down. Her eyes widened as she realized what it was. Hiei's sword lay in its sheath on the ground at her feet. She fell backwards trying to get away from it. “Oh shit, oh shit.” She repeated to her self over and over. She quickly pushed it back into the closet and closed it. She leaned against it and sighed deeply. “What are you doing?” Hiei's voice penetrated her mind. “Ah nothing!” She stated as she looked him over. He was just wearing a pair of pants, he was topless. “Uh yeah I'll just go.” She stated blushing, as she walked out the door. Hiei just shook his head and closed the door.
 
 
LK sat on her bed and finished the picture of Hiei she was doing in fifth. Hiei had his friend Shuichi over. He was another exchange student staying not to far away. LK sighed, “Shit this ain't good. This isn't supposed to happen.” She mumbled to her self. “Whats not?” Shuichi asked. “Ack!” LK screamed as she slammed her sketchbook shut, making sure the red head didn't see the picture. “The hell Shuichi? Don't sneak up on me!” She yelled at him. “My apologize. I didn't mean to scare you. Now what was that you were mumbling something not to happen this way? What would that be Kitsune?” He inquired as he sat on her bed. She sighed and opened the sketchbook to show the rather detailed picture of Hiei. “Your very good.” He stated as he flipped through the sketchbook. LK stood up and walked over to her closet and leaned against it. “Yeah but I'm not as good as Rie she is the greatest. Almost as good as the professionals.” She stated as her bangs covered her eyes. Kurama smiled pleasantly as he watched the young girl. “Would you like to talk about whats bothering you?” He inquired. LK stayed quite. She was pondering what she should say. “Well.” She started. “I err well I really, really like. Umm Hiei.” She mumbled. Kurama smiled simply at her. “Its quite all right Kitsune people get crushes all the time.” Kurama stated simply. “But you don't get it. I'm not supposed to get a crush on him. All I'll end up doing is getting hurt. Because he'll go back home and find some great girl while I'm here.” She stated with her back to him. “Its like god just loves to play with my life for his own amusement. That why I refuse to believe in him. I don't want this to happen I don't want to feel this way toward Hiei!” She yelled as she punched her closet door, leaving a rather large hole. “Kitsune! Oh god you hand.” Kurama stated as she pulled her bloody hand out of the broken wood. She didn't turn to look at him. She just stared at the closet. “Stay here. I'll go get some bandages.” Kurama stated as he rushed off. Tears dripped down her face as she slumped down to the floor. “Its not supposed to be this way. I'm not supposed to fall for him.” She mumbled as tears dripped to the floor. Strong protective arms wrapped around her. She looked up, her face stained with tears. Hiei's crimson eyes looked down at her. She tried to pull away, she didn't want his pity. He just tightened his grip on her, his grip never broken as his back was against the bed. He held her fast and tight. Making no means of letting go. She soon gave in a quietly sobbed into his chest. He stroked her hair making her cry harder. “Why?” She mumbled into his chest. “Why what?” He inquired. “Why play with my emotions? I've been hurt to much for this bullshit.” She stated in an annoyed tone. Hiei sighed. He didn't know how to respond. He just hopped Kurama came back soon.
 
 
Kurama soon returned with rubbing alcohol and gaze along with bandages. “This will hurt for a moment.” Kurama stated as he placed a little bit of rubbing alcohol on her wound. Making her wince and try moving away but being held fast by Hiei. Then kurama wound the bandages around the wound. “There.” He stated as he finished. “You should be fine now. I should get home though. See you two tommorow.” Kurama said as he pushed off the floor and walked out of LK's room. LK just stared after him as he left. She then leaned back into hiei. He placed his head on top of hers and continued to hold her safely in his arms. “Your mine and nobody else's.” He whispered in her ear. She just shivered and closed her eyes and enjoyed the bliss of being held this way.
 
 
The floor creaked as a rather lanky youkai made his way quietly up the stairs, heading for the master bedroom. A knife sheath at his side. Ready to be pulled and used in a matter of seconds. He smirked as his white teeth gleamed. He opened the doorway and crept silently toward the sleeping figure of LK's mother. He smiled manically as he unsheathed the knife and raised it high above his head ready to strike down his victim in a matter of seconds. He plunged the knife down as LK's mom rolled out of the way. Her eyes peered at the blue skinned youkai. She screamed a bloody scream as the youkai tried again.
 
 
LK shot up as she heard a bloody scream from her mother's room. “What the hell was that?” She mumbled aloud. She crawled out of bed and crept toward the door and opened it slightly. She peered out then opened it fully. She walked slowly, alert for danger. She peered toward the open door. Her mother was being held down by a blue skinned youkai with rather long and ragged green hair. His claws were covered in blood. LK screamed. The youkai turned his attention toward her. He grinned as he let her mother go. “LK, RUN!” She screamed. LK stared slightly shocked till her legs decide they would run down stairs toward the kitchen with the youkai in hot pursuit. Her body slammed against the counter as she skidded to a stop. She griped around for a blunt abject. Her hand rested on the handle of a rather large kitchen knife. She picked it up off the counter as she knocked to the ground by the youkai. His teeth gleamed in the light of the moon. LK glared hard at him as he raised the dagger above his head ready to strike her down. She saw her chance and knocked him off his feet. She quickly got to her feet and plunged the knife into the youkai's chest. It gasped as the cool metal came in contact with his warm flesh. LK pulled the knife out and plunged it down again and again into its chest. Blood splattered over her as she killed it. Her breathing was ridged and ragged as she plunged it down again one last time. She huffed. It was dead. It's eyes glazed over and mouth hanging open like a dead fish.
 
 
Hiei scrambled down the steps into the kitchen. “LK! Are you…” He trailed off as he flicked on the light to see blood splatter all over her and the walls. “He's dead. I killed him.” She stated in a drone way. Tears poured freely from her eyes. She stared shocked at him. She looked down at her blood-splattered hands. She wiped the tears away. “If I didn't he would have hurt you and mum. ” She stated in a shaky voice. “Is mum ok?” She inquired. He smiled. “She's fine just a little shaken.” He stated as his eyes softened as he looked at her. He hugged her and held her trembling body. “Its all right Kitsune. Its all over.” He stated. “You don't have to kill anymore.” Hiei cooed. “No you don't understand. I liked it. It felt right to kill him.” She stated as she looked at him. Hiei sighed. “Kitsune there's something I should tell you.” Hiei stated as his jagan glowed. “You are a youkai Kitsune. So am I and so is Kurama. You and Kurama are Fox demons I'm a half fire half ice. I'm a forbidden and so are you.” He said. “I can restore the memory you once had. That is if you want me to kitsune.” He stated. She stared blankly at him before answering. “Hiei I want my memories I want to remember ever since I came back here its felt like something has been missing. So please give me back my memories. Please.” She asked. Hiei smiled slightly and placed his forehead against hers. “Alright you win.” He stated and as his Jagan glowed he captured her lips in a sweet kiss.
 
Memories of the past flowed thought her mind. Flashes of people she knew returned to her. She opened her eyes and looked at him. She smiled and hugged him close. “Hiei I…I….” She said. “What?” He inquired. She looked at the ground. “Its just when I was there the guy said everyone around me would die because I was the forbidden fox. And I would be the one who would kill them.” She said as she hide her face in his chest. Hiei looked at her with softened eyes. He held her. “You are Kitsune not the forbidden fox. You won't kill any of your friends you love them you much.” He said as he tightened his hold on her. She smiled. “It's really good to be back.” She stated and smiled and hugged him close.
 
 
“Are you sure you can't come?” Hiei asked. LK smiled. “Yeah mum wants me to stay for a few more days. Don't worry I'll be there in like three days alright?” LK inquired as she looked at Hiei. He nodded and picked up his bags and walked through a portal. “Hiei I love you.” LK mumbled as he was out of earshot. She just blushed and walked back into the house. She had to help clean up. She was unaware of two pairs of green eyes watching her intently before disappearing into the shadows, to devise a way of getting rid of the little kitsune once and for all.
 
 
Ok that's all for now. Wow two days written. Anways next chappie. LK's back and ready to reveal her feelings for Hiei. But who's this new girl that's come and what? She has a thing for Hiei. But how come LK says she's a demon. Why does no one believe her? And whats going to happen next? Something bad. Ohh. That's on the next issue of `White Ribbons.' See ya idea's are always welcome