Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Who Am I ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Oooh, my head," Botan groaned as she painfully lifted her head off the pillow rubbing her temples.

She eased herself off the bed and walked to the bathroom. She washed her face staring into the mirror and noticing how pale she had become from the day before. She quickly bathed and changed into a clean pink kimono trimmed with blue at the edges. After pulling her hair into a high pony tail she quickly ran out of the room and strait into a wall without noticing it. What! That was no wall it was a person, she could feel it breathing beneath her, feel it rise up and down. She noticed a pleasant warmth radiating off it and the beautiful aroma of roses. Her eyes widened as she figured out who was under her.

She quickly jumped up bowing apologetically to him, too embarrassed to immediately look him in the face. Finally glancing up through her blue bangs surprised lilac pink met warm golden green.

When her brain finally registered who was standing in front of her, she quickly started apologizing. "Ku..Kurama I'm so so sorry oh my let me help you, I'm so sorry."

"No it's ok Botan, I should have been watching were I was going. How are you feeling this morning?" he asked pleasantly as he gave her a warm smile causing Botan's eyes to widen even more. She had never seen him smile much before and never like that at anyone!

"Fine but my head hurts a bit." Kurama smiled in relief after looking her over and making sure she was alright. Yukina sure did do a good gob, I'm glad she's ok, I was worried.

"Kurama?" he immediately looked up, amethyst meeting golden green.

"Hm…?"

"I was um…well I was wondering. What happened yesterday, I mean after we found Yuriko. For some reason I can't remember much…my memory blanks after he knocked Hiei out and came after you. I..I..don't know why but it's all blurry there's only blotches, quick scenes that flash and go." Kurama could feel his heart tighten at the helplessness of her voice as he had to struggle with himself to keep from pulling her tightly into his arms when he saw silver tears forming in her eyes.

Kurama stood in shock as he realized that Botan knew nothing of her part in Yuriko's defeat. I don't understand, does she not remember that amazing power that her body emitted! Kurama was even more shocked when he felt his demon instincts telling him to take her powers for himself, to kill her, to do something! Such power he had felt coming out of her fragile form, a power he would happily kill for. She held a power that he longed to have for himself. He quickly forced the feelings of lust and greed down as he came back to the present, remembering what Botan had just asked him.

"I'm not sure it's my place to tell you Botan, I think it's best that you ask Koenma about what happened." He stiffened for a moment when he felt a presence behind him but relaxed when he realized who it was.

"Just tell her Kitsune, I doubt the reikai prince will do much right now. If you'll not then I will…" When Kurama said nothing the fire demon continued, "apparently onna when you saw Yuriko about to blast your Kitsune," he stopped for a moment and smirked as he noticed both blushing then continued, "after he had fallen to the ground from a former attack, you stepped in and with some strange energy were able to form a large ki wave and attack Yuriko from behind immediately reducing him to ashes."

"Hiei, as I recall you were knocked out cold," Hiei glared at the kitsune as if challenging him to mention that again. Kurama stared into Hiei's ruby eyes for a moment until nodding in understanding before turning his head towards Botan who was staring at them in confusion. He led his gaze toward Hiei's third eye allowing Botan to follow. Looking back at her he saw realization emerge in her eyes.

He read Kurama's mind. If only I could do that then I could see what really happened and maybe remember some of it. Botan thought to herself lowering her head to the floor staring at it through her bangs in sadness.

Once he felt Hiei's presence disappear altogether Kurama looked over at Botan. He gazed at her in surprise as he felt sadness radiating off her small frame. He quietly walked closer and lifted her chin with his thumb and index fingers.

Feeling his hand under her chin, Botan reluctantly gazed up into Kurama's calm eyes. She noticed a hint of worry and warmth directed towards her.

"Botan?" She closed her eyes at the warmness lurking in his voice. She withdrew strength and comfort from his mere touch. His thumb began to caress the side of her face and trailed down her jaw line stopping right before her lips and retreating back.

"I..I'm alright," She stuttered as she opened her eyes slowly smiling back in reassurance, putting on her routine façade, not daring tell him her true feelings. He wouldn't care, he's only worried for me because it's his duty, I doubt he sees me more than just an ally.

Kurama knew she was lying but didn't press it and only nodded placing his hand back at his side. "Come, let's go to breakfast, everyone is waiting for you. They're all really worried." He turned and led the way to the dinning room where everyone was sitting on pillow around a long table 2 feet off the floor.

Noticing Botan in the doorway Keiko excitedly jumped up and rushed over to her pulling her into a worried embrace.

"Botan! Are you ok, what happened? None of them would tell me, they just came in like a bunch of zombies!! Then they wouldn't even let me in to look at you. Ooh how I wanted to strangle them! Did Yukina heal you, are you still in pain, do you need anything!" everyone at the table along with Botan and Kurama sweat dropped.

"Gosh Keiko! We already told you everything we remember, it's not my fault I was knocked out when Yuriko got defeated, jeez kill me why don't ya. I'd like to see you there trying fight a whole army with only 3 others on your side." Yusuke earned a glare from the raging brunette who was not happy at all with her boyfriends comment.

"Yusuke you jerk!"

"What'd I do!"

"If you explain trying to tell me while still half asleep as telling me everything that happened then you're just an idiot. For all I know you probably slept through the whole fight!" Yusuke just growled and sat there in silence. Kurama shock his head in annoyance while Botan gave a small half-hearted laugh.

"I'm fine Keiko, as for what happened I'm not too sure, I..I guess you'll have to ask Kurama for a better explanation or Hiei." Kurama looked over at Genkai who seemed to understand what he was saying.

"I will show you the events that occurred yesterday, Kurama has allowed me permission to enter his mind and give you a visual image." Botan looked over her shoulder at Kurama who stood there in indifference but offered her a comforting smile when he noticed her gaze. I'll never get used to his smiles, he doesn't seem to smile much, I wish he would, he looks so cute when he does, yet so unsure of himself, like a little child. I wonder if he ever smiles that way to anyone else, I wonder if he could ever like me more than just a friend. Botan thought to herself.

"Thank you Kurama, this means a lot to me," Botan whispered softly so only Kurama could hear. He gave her a heart warming smile that she had only seen him use a few times on his mother and once on her causing her heart to race in her chest and her checks to start burning. Does he know what he's doing to me. Kami, I just want to be wrapped in his strong arms, have him whispering loving things in my ear, love me like a true lover. I wonder what it's like to have someone you love love you back. It must be wonderful. Hiei, who was trying to figure out what Kurama was thinking stumbled across her thoughts and heard her them, smirked, Foolish kitsune, you should see her feelings for you soon or you'll lose her.

"Of course Botan, I'll do anything to help you, what are friends for," he noticed her features drop in disappointment and her smile weaken a bit but decided against asking her what was wrong at the moment.

'Foolish kitsune, don't fall for her front, you know she is unhappy, just tell her, you're just hurting both yourself and her as well,' Hiei jeered the fox demon through a mental link

'I honestly have no clue what you're talking about Hiei, and since when did you start giving advice on matters of the heart.'

'I'm afraid that you're looking too deeply into things fox, I'm only stating a fact.' Kurama's green eyes lit up with amusement. He noticed Botan's confused gaze and looked at her with an expectant gaze. She caught his gaze and looked down while blushing. Kurama silently laughed to himself.

"Kurama if you will come and sit in the center," Kurama turned at Genkai's voice and noticed that she had assembled everyone in a circle except for Hiei, Botan, and himself. Genkai gestured towards two empty spaces in the circle for Botan and Hiei.

Kurama calmly walked to the circle and stepped into the center then sat down.

"I will need you to close your eyes and concentrate on yesterday's events. Start from when you first arrived in Makai please." Kurama nodded and closed his eyes. He thought back to the events and signaled for Genkai to start. Seeing his sign Genkai raised her spirit energy and transferred it into Kurama's mind, probing though it and finding the day be fore's events. The energy surrounded the thought and began to project it for all to see by reflecting off the kitsune's spirit energy. A fuzzy image began to form and then started clearing up as Genkai focused more. Soon everyone could see Kurama, Hiei, Botan, Yusuke, and Kuwabara entering the portal to Makai from a door connected to Koenma's office in Rekai.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I updated!!!!!!!! Wow ok, if any of you have ANY suggestions please tell me, all criticism is accepted EXCEPT that against KURAMA/BOTAN fics. Thank you. And I want to ask Meiko M. to update her fic "I see no difference." And I also want to thank JDFielding and MysticBluAngel for updating their fics. They're EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!! Well until next time!

Goodbye.