Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Written In the Stars ❯ A Moment In History ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written In the Stars

Chapter 4

Amata flew over the trees of Makai, scanning the ground below for any signs of life. She was looking for someone, someone who she was very desperate to find right now. Time was of the essence and was something that Amata had very little of. That and patience

He must be here somewhere. Almost everyone I've talked to said he was in this area. I have to find him; I have too. She thought, as she continued to search the ground for him or his friend. He has to be here somewhere; he has to be.

Youko Kurama swung by the dirty youkai swiftly, killing them without any thought. He did it mindlessly. There was a certain joy though, preying on them, feeling the stop of their hearts and the blood that flowed out from fatal wounds without any inhibition.

When her eyes finally fell upon the famous thief, she sighed a bit in relief. Well, at least I found him; it's talking to him that might be tricky. She flew down and landed on the ground gracefully, now standing a few feet behind him. He can probably tell that I'm here right now.

The air suddenly smelled differently and Kurama spun around suddenly, his arm grazing the passing sword of the warriors' leader. He quickly sliced off the youkai's head and swore at his own miscalculations.

Amata took another step towards the thief, not really surprised by the sudden killing of the warrior. She knew of his cold-blooded ways, at least what she knew from his reputation. "Your hurt," she finally said, speaking to him for the very first time.

Youko Kurama glanced at the woman warily and ignored the faint stinging on his arm. "Yeah, what about it," His tone was uninviting

Amata took a few more steps towards the thief until they were merely inches apart. "Let me see," she said, gently taking his arm to inspect the cut.

The youko's eye twitched as the warm hands grazed his arm and jilted it away from the woman. But then, for some unknown reason even to himself, he relented and relaxed his body, gazing at the being from underneath his heavy lashes, waiting still cautiously for her next move.

With her free hand, she wiped the blood away from the cut until she could clearly see the wound. White light then began to form on her fingertips and she traced the cut very slowly and very carefully. When she stopped, the wound was completely healed, no scar or anything. It was if the cut had never even existed.

Kurama blinked before he slipped his arm out of the woman's grasp, rubbing the skin where the wound used to be faintly then narrowed his eyes. "Who are you...and why did you help me?"

"I am Amata. I helped you because you were hurt and I need your help," she stated, looking into the Youko's eyes.

"Well…" He suddenly was at a lost for words. No one had ever helped him for any reason and he didn't want to let his guard down so easily. He stared back into the woman's clear eyes, faltering when he fell into the deep abyss. "Thank you."

Amata smiled at him, "You're welcome. As I said before, I need your help. You are suppose to be one of the best thieves in Makai, that you can break into anything successfully. Tell me, have you ever heard of Morfran, the infamous Angel Hunter?"

"Well, yes." So she did want something.

Amata let out a small, sarcastic laugh, "The only reason he hunts them is because of our healing abilities and because of these," she unfolded her wings, revealing long white feathers that each had a row of gold and silver tips on them, "Because of our wings. Because of him, we are nearly extinct; there are few of us left. He has more of us, locked up in a prison in his fortress. They say that it's impossible to break into," Amata looked back at the youko, her purple-blue eyes shining, "This is where I need your help. Help me get into and out of his fortress undetected and unseen. I will pay you anything you want if you dothis for me."

Kurama snorted, finding his comfort zone again, waking up from his former dazed state. "You Angels are so weak, always needing someone's help. Maybe it's because you're all too trusting that you get yourselves into these situations." A feral grin spread across his handsome features and canines peeked out of smooth lips. "I'll take your case if what you're offering is worth my time. What could you possibly have that I want?"

Amata reached into her pouch and pulled out a small stone that was as blue as the night. It also had tiny diamond specks in them that shinned almost like little stars. "Makai Sapphires are suppose to be very rare and very valuable. You're the expert thief; tell me how much you think a small piece like this would be? And then tell me what you would say to very large Makai Sapphire."

Youko Kurama took the gem from her hand and peered at it closely. Yes, she was right, the stone was indeed precious and rare and was probably worth more than 3 regular cases. "I'm thinking about it."

Amata grinned at the youko's reaction, "Well, I suggest that you think fast, the sooner we can get this done, the better. I can't risk letting the ones that have already been captured sit by and wait for my team and I to come."

Kurama raised a slim silver eyebrow. "Impatient little thing aren't you?" He weighed the stone in his hand thoughtfully. After all, he had full confidence that he would succeed on this mission, as he had many times before. "I'll accept your offer."

A smile spread across Amata's face at hearing those words, "Thank you. Meet me tomorrow at the edge of the woods where Morfran's castle is. My team will be there with me."

"I see that you're desperate enough so that I won't need a promise that you'll show up." Kurama's eyes narrowed with a mirthless chuckle. "Wait for me there. If I don't show up in less than a minute, then I'm probably a carcass lying around somewhere." And with this, he turned to leave.

Amata simply nodded, "Thank you again, Youko Kurama," and with that said, took to the air and flew away.