Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Written In the Stars ❯ Rescue and Lies ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written In the Stars

Chapter 6

Thankfully, the weekend came quickly and Arella was now enjoying a pleasant walk outside by a park. Her aunt and cousins had supposedly gone shopping, so she didn't feel the need to dress herself up too heavily. She wore a pair of white sneakers, navy blue shorts, a navy blue tank top with spaghetti straps and matching lace trim on the top. The bruises on her neck had faded, so she had covered them up a small touch of make up, making it almost impossible to see them.

As she walked from the park and into the woods, Shuuichi entered her mind as she walked by a familiar spot. She stopped for a moment, looking over at the trees and remembering when he had approached her and tried to get her to say she was not normal.

I knew I should have been more careful! Arella thought.

Just then, six very familiar faces walked into the small spot. Adara, Tamma, and Aulii along with their boyfriends, Adara holding a pink gym back. Arella quickly hid herself behind a bush, waiting to see what they would do.

"Get out here you little freak!" Tamma called out to the trees.

Don't these people have lives? Arella thought, raising an eyebrow. Is their purpose in life just to torture me every waking moment? I thought they went shopping with Aunt Maura.

Adara raised her hand and silenced Tamma. As she looked around, she called out, "Well, if you won't come out on your own then, I guess we'll have to make you come out." Adara then opened up the gym bag and pulled something out.

Arella held back a cry of horror at what she saw. In Adara's hand was her little fox, Kin, struggling to get free from Adara's hold on the scruff of his neck.

"Now then, freak, I suggest you get out here right now and face us, or else I'll have your precious little pet here turned into a pair of winter gloves for myself," Adara said, an evil grin spreading across her face.

Arella was shaking violently, almost afraid to move. She knew Adara would go by her word. If she said she would have Kin killed and turned into a pair of gloves, then it would be done. I hate her, Arella thought, I hate them all! How can they be so cruel! I don't have a choice though. I can either come out and take their beating on me, or I can just sit here and watch them kill my only friend and companion.

Picking the obvious choice. Arella stood up and slowly walked over to where her cousins stood, waiting. They watched her come out from her hiding spot and grinned. The looks on their faces told Arella that they finally had gotten what they wanted. Her trapped and completely helpless. She didn't care now though, all that mattered was that Kin was safe.

"Keiji, Jiro, Takeo, grab her," Adara ordered. The three boys did as she said and grabbed Arella by the arms, dragging her to where their girlfriends stood. The three boys then shoved Arella to her knees, Arella forcing herself to look up at her cousins. They looked down at her with a look of triumph written across their faces; as if they had they had found the key to some dark secret.

"Your really pathetic," Aulii spat, kicking Arella in the stomach. She gasped out in pain, but said and did nothing. There was one thing Arella had sworn she would never do and that was scream out in pain when her cousins and aunt hit her. She refused to let them hear her agony.

"Giving up over some stupid animal that can be turned into a scarf or a pair of gloves," Tamma said, hitting her in the stomach as well, only she threw a punch instead of a kick. Arella merely clenched her teeth and looked up at Adara.

"I did what you want, now let him go," Arella said.

Adara just looked down at Arella and shook her head. "Now, now, freak, I don't remember saying that I would let him go once you came out. Did I say anything of the sort, Aulii?"

Aulii shook her head, grinning, "Why no sister, I don't remember you saying such a thing. What about you Tamma? Do you remember her say anything like that?"

Tamma gave a cruel smiled to Arella before she spoke, "No, I don't recall Adara saying anything of the sort."

With that said, the three sisters started their beating on Arella.

"Six against one, are not very fair odds," came a voice. The sisters and their boyfriends began to look around. Suddenly, Ciaran stepped into view. He saw Arella slumped over in front of them. She was now holding her ribs, and even had a few cuts and bruises on her arm. Ciaran walked towards her and looked into the sisters' eyes. "This... is over."

Adara looked at him. "Just who are you supposed to be?" she asked, putting her free hand on her hip.

Ciaran smiled. "You can think of me, as the Sandman," he said "Good night!" Ciaran raised his hand quickly and swung it at the girls. Out of it flew sand landing in the girls' eyes. He reached over and pushed Aulii and Tamma. The girls stumbled back and finally fell onto the ground wiping their eyes.

"I can't see!" cried Tamma.

"My eyes!" sobbed Aulii as she tried to get the sand out of her eyes.

One of the boyfriends, Jiro, ran at Ciarin. He ducked and the teen went soaring over his head tackling Adara, who had still been wiping sand from her eyes. Kin flew from Adara's hand into the air. Ciaran reached out and grabbed the fox before it hit the ground. He then turned around just in time to see Keiji and Takeo coming at him.

Ciaran delivered a roundhouse into Keiji's stomach, which caused the boy to keel over. He flipped over his back and drove his head forehead into Takeo's nose. Takeo, who had been right behind Keiji, snapped his head back grasping his nose.

Ciaran delivered a chop to Keiji's neck, which left him unconscious as he fell to the ground. He side kicked Takeo and the stomach and drove the back of his fist across the boy's jaw sending him to the ground as well. Jiro stood up and saw that his friends had been taken out. He studied Ciaran and decided it wasn't worth it.

Jiro began to flee, but Ciaran wouldn't have it. He noticed the gym bag on the ground. He stuck his foot in it, and kicked the bag into the air. He then jumped into the air, and kicked the bag. It went soaring into the air and landed on Jiro's head. Unable to see the boy kept running until he collided with into a tree. Jiro then fell onto his back, unconscious as well.

With Kin still cradled in his hand, Ciaran moved towards Arella. He kneeled next to her. Kin leapt from Ciaran's arms and into Arella's lap. Ciaran pushed some of Arella's hair away from her face, and noticed a heavy bruise on her cheek. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Arella nodded slowly, "Yes, I'm fine, thank you," she said, hugging Kin tightly. The small fox started sniffing and licking her face affectionately.

"Who were those awful people?" Ciaran asked, cupping her face with his hand, a concerned look on his face.

"My cousins and their boyfriends," Arella said bitterly, "Please, don't tell anyone, please! I hate living with them, yes, but I don't want to be pitied! I can handle it. In a few more years, I'll be legal age and I can move out."

"If you hate it there, why don't you move in with me?" Ciaran offered.

"Are you serious?!" Arella asked, shocked.

"Yes. I know we only met yesterday, but I swear to you I will never hurt you. No one deserves to be treated that way."

"I don't know.....I mean, this is all so sudden and like you said, we barely know each other. It seems kind of strange. How do I know you're not up to something?" Arella asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because if I were up to something, I would not have saved you from that beating," Ciaran said.

He's got a point there. Arella thought.

It was just then that Kin looked over at Ciaran and started growling at him. Arella looked down at the little fox.

"Sorry about that," she said, "he's probably still upset about what just happened. I am to."

Ciaran nodded, "I understand. Besides, I have something I need to tell you, it's about Shuuichi."

"What about him?"

"He and his friends, their going to try and play a cruel prank on you, I over heard them talking about it today, as I was walking past the arcade."

Arella looked at Ciaran, interested in his discovery. "What did they say?" she asked.

Ciaran sighed before he continued. "He and his friends were going to try to convince you to follow them to some temple, claiming they could help you," Ciaran swallowed, as if the next words were difficult. "And then they were going to attempt something very similar to what your cousins just tried to pull."

Arella gasped. She couldn't believe that Shuuichi would do such a thing. Still, she always had this strange vibe around him. Perhaps Ciaran wasn't mistaken.

"Arella!" She turned to see Shuuichi running towards her, with a friend. She backed away suddenly, until she was next to Ciaran and almost behind him. "Arella, listen we…" began Kurama.

"Leave me alone, Shuuichi!" snapped Arella. "I know all about your little prank! Ciaran told me!"

Kurama's eyes widened in surprise, "Prank?! What are you talking about?"

"You were going to try to convince me to go to some temple, weren't you?" she asked. Kurama looked at Yusuke and then nodded. "And you had some friends there waiting for me as well, didn't you?"

"Arella," began Kurama, "I don't know what Ciaran has told you, but it's not true. Please, just.…"

Arella turned her head away, not wanting to face Kurama. Kurama sighed as he saw his voice fall on deaf ears. Yusuke growled and took a step forward. "Oh, this is all your fault! I oughta kick your ass!" said Yusuke.

Arella turned her head back, shocked. Yusuke saw the look of surprise on her face and shook his head. "Wait a minute! I didn't mean you!" he tried to explain. Arella still gazed at him in horror until she felt Ciaran's hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, Arella," he said. "I won't let them hurt you. Why don't you run along home and get packed. Here's my address, you can meet me there," Ciaran handed Arella a small slip of paper with his address scribbled on it. As he did so, Kin snapped at his hand. "Will you need any help with your things?"

"No, I'll be fine. And I'm sorry," apologized Arella as she rub Kin's fur. "And thank you, again," Arella looked towards Kurama and Yusuke again as she began to back away and head home, leaving Ciaran, Kurama and Yusuke behind.

Ciaran smiled as he turned to face the two. "It's over, Kurama," said Ciaran. "The girl is as good as mine. There's nothing you can do about, now. Have some pride and accept your loss."

Kurama took a step forward. "She will see through your deception. You cannot fool her forever."

Ciaran chuckled. "I don't need to fool her forever. Just for now," he said.

"You bastard! I've got half a mind to kick your ass right now!" Yusuke started towards Ciaran, but was halted by Kurama's hand on his shoulder.

"It would be unwise to face him now, Yusuke," said Kurama. Yusuke reluctantly backed down. Kurama turned to face Ciaran. The two stared each other in the eyes for a few seconds silently. "This isn't over, Ciaran. We will meet again. And when we do... it will be for the last time."

Ciaran smiled. "I look forward to it, Kurama," he said. Ciaran then turned and began walking away from the two Spirit Detectives.

Yusuke grunted as he drove his fist into the palm of his hand, and turned to Kurama. "What now?" he asked.

Kurama, still watching the direction Ciaran had left in, simply said. "We prepare. Come, there is much to do."