Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho and the Witch ❯ When they met ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rain came down harder as I ran downs the streets at night. Something was chasing me and I didn't know what it was. I didn't want to look back afraid I would slow down. As I continued running the creature came up faster and faster.
"PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" I shouted but it just kept chasing me.
I stuck my hand inside my cloak trying to grab something when I heard someone yell.
"SPIRIT GUN," the person shouted.
I stopped in my tracks and put my hands at my side. The creature that was chasing me was now unconscious in front of my eyes. Just then someone jumped in front of me. Stepping back I put my hand back inside my cloak taking hold of my weapon. The person turned to face me. I crouched down ready to fight him when I heard someone else yell.
"Hey Urameshi next time you should save some of the action for the others!!!" a person behind me shouted.
"Yeah, yeah!" the person who shot the beast replied.
He looked down at me and when the street light came on I saw him smile. His hair was black and gelled back while his eyes were brown. He was wearing a green jumper obviously a school uniform and black shoes. I put my hand at my side.
"You ok?" he asked me as other people came up.
I nodded. Just then the other people stopped behind me. There were three of them. One was tall and ugly with red-orange hair and black eyes. He was wearing a blue jumper and wore black shoes also. Another person next to the ugly one was just as tall only looked much more handsome then he did. He had long red hair that I wanted to braid badly and green eyes. He was wearing a red jumper and black shoes also. The last person was extremely short. I mean...wow he might get lost or something. Anyways he has spiky hair that probably gave him a foot of height and wore a black cloak with black boots. It was at that point that I saw a sword in the short guy's hands, a glowing sword in the ugly guy's hand, and a whip in the tall, handsome guy's hand.
I looked at them oddly. Looking at them I was wondering how they found me and why they were out here in the rain. They looked at me.
"Hey what's up with you?" the ugly one asked.
I couldn't answer.
"I found her being chased by the demon thing Koenma wanted us to catch," the one ugly called Urameshi said.
"So what's your name?" the handsome one asked me.
"Ah A - Akiko," I spat out.
"Hello my name is Kurama," stated the handsome one.
He extended his hand and in return I shook it.
"Hey the name's Yusuke," stated the one called Urameshi.
"I thought your name was Urameshi?" I asked confused.
"Nah that guy over there calls me by my last name because he's too stupid to call me by my first," Yusuke laughed.
"Hey Urameshi watch it!" the ugly one said, "By the way my name is Kazuma."
"But everyone calls him Kuwabara," Yusuke interjected.
I looked over at the short guy.
"Who's the kid's name?" I asked.
Everyone but the short guy and me laughed.
"He's not a kid," laughed Yusuke.
"Even though he could pass as one," added Kuwabara.
"His name is Hiei," stated Kurama calming down a bit.
I walked over to him and knelt down so I could stare at him in the eyes.
"He's a kid. Look at, he's at least eight or something," I said looking back at the others.
"Watch what you say girl," Hiei said putting his sword pointed at my stomach.
I backed off.
"Ok, ok yeesh," I said walking away from him.
"Don't mind him, he's just not the kind of person you can get close to quickly," Kurama said comforting me slightly.
"Glad to know I'm loved," I said sarcastically.
Kurama chuckled getting the joke while Yusuke and Kuwabara stared at me oddly.
"Sarcasm," I stated and walked away.
They both got it but didn't laugh. I walked over to the creature that was chasing me before. Its body was mangled and slightly bleeding.
"What is this thing?" I asked them.
"Oh it's just a demon from Makia," Kuwabara stated.
I looked at him oddly.
"Makia?" I repeated.
Yusuke slapped him upside the head and then covered his mouth.
"Idiot!" he shouted at him.
"There's no such thing as Makia so just ignore what he said," stated Kurama smiling, "Kuwabara says odd things at points."
I raised an eyebrow at them.
"Who are you kidding? I know about Makia, demons, and Spirit world. That includes you Spirit Detective Yusuke. Koenma seems to talk about you a lot."
"Really?" Yusuke said surprised, "What does he say?"
"Well at points he talks about how you call him a toddler and at other points he's saying it was a mistake making you Spirit Detective. But then there's Botan and she's actually happy you became Spirit Detective," I said smiling.
"Well can always depend on Botan giving me support," he said.
I giggled and then a flash of lightning came. After the lightning I heard people talking in the distance.
"She went this way!" one of the people shouted.
"Let's get her!" another one shouted.
"Uh-oh," I whispered and stepped back.
"What are these people giving you a hard time?" Yusuke asked cracking his knuckles.
I gasped and stepped out in front of him spreading my arms.
"You mustn't fight them," I said to him.
"Why not?" asked Kuwabara.
"If you fight you will die and it will be my fault," I said to them.
Their foot steps became louder.
"Look there she is!" one of them yelled.
I looked back and gasped. There I saw four men running with an animal on a leash. I turned back to face Yusuke and the others.
"Just don't fight them and say you never saw me ok?" I quickly said.
They looked at me oddly and then nodded.
"Yeah ok," said Yusuke.
I bowed and then ran off. The people saw me run off but first stopped by Yusuke and the others. I turned into an ally and got out a broom. I hopped on it making my feet swing off the side and levitated in the air for a while and then shot up into the sky. I hovered above Yusuke and the others for a while. I wasn't able to hear so I tried to get as close as I can to hear what was going on.
"Did the girl that you just see say anything to you?" the person asked.
Yusuke shook his head.
"Nope just passing through."
The dog-like thing they had on a leash started barking a Kurama. The people looked at him.
"It seems that you made contact with the girl. Tell me what you did?" the man demanded.
Kurama just looked at them.
"My hand brushed against her cloak," he said calmly.
They glared at him. Just then the dog sniffed the air and then barked at the sky. I quickly jetted down towards them.
"I have to get them away from the others or else they might get hurt," I thought as I came down on my broom.
When I narrowly reached the ground I pulled up and skimmed over the empty streets.
"THERE SHE GOES!!!" one of the people shouted and chased after me.
They all chased after me including Yusuke and the others. I looked back and saw Kurama run a head of everyone.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! TURN BACK!!" I shouted at Kurama.
He just kept running.
"Please I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me again," I thought as I kept flying.
I narrowed my eyes, stopped flying, and faced the people chasing after me. I grabbed something out of my cloak. It was a stick to some people but to me it was a deadly weapon. I pointed it at the people and glared at them. They pointed a type of gun or something at me.
"Surrender witch or be killed!" one of them shouted.
I closed my eyes and muttered a few words. With the right motions to the words I was able to petrify them. Kurama ran up to me and stopped when he saw the people on the ground frozen.
"What did you do to them?" he asked.
"Never mind that just get out of here before it's too late," I said.
I got on my broom and just when I was about to fly off, Kurama grabs my arm.
"Akiko what's going on?"
I lowered my head.
"If you really want to find out fine, but I can't tell you here. Is there a safe place where we can go?" I asked him.
He thought for a while and that's when Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara came.
"Man Hiei and I thought you might be able to keep up with him," Yusuke said.
Hiei just looked away.
"We're going to my house," Kurama said.
"But we just got here," stated Kuwabara.
"All right but we have to hurry and I can't run or else they will find me again," I said hopping on my broom.
"How the hell are you able to ride that thing?" Yusuke asked.
"I can tell you a Kurama's house but we have to hurry, the spell is wearing off," I said.
Kurama nodded and ran towards his house with Hiei in close pursuit. Yusuke and Kuwabara were wondering what spell I was talking about and then noticed the bodies on the ground. They quickly ran after us after they saw the bodies.