Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho and the Witch ❯ Akiko meets Youko ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was now night fall and time to go to bed. We all had to wake up early to get to Makai without letting anyone see us. We each had our separate rooms. I sat in the room Genkai let me sleep in for the night with Koji curled up on the end of the bed. I thought about Toyo and how I never knew about him or my mother having another child. I sat there in silence writing something down (hehe… you will have to wait for that story) until I heard the sliding door open. I it tucked it under my pillow and looked up to see Kurama standing there. Smiling I stood up and walked towards him to greet him.

"Kurama you should be a sleep," I whispered to him knowing we were the only ones up during the hour in the night.

"I know but I just needed to see you again before I went to bed," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"You see. I'm not any demon. I'm an ancient demon thief known throughout Makai," he whispered to me.

I think I knew who he was talking about. The only thief I truly knew was Youko. He was a legendary thief in Makai and stole from just about anywhere that had value. One day he mysteriously disappeared in the human world. They say he was shot by a hunter and dead but others thought he was a live. I had to ask.

"You're Youko aren't you?" I whispered to him.

He nodded, "Yes I am the legendary thief Youko and he has wanted to meet you for sometime. Will you please come with me?"

He held out his hand towards me. I was hesitant but knew that as long as Kurama was there everything would have been ok. I took his hand and he held me close as we walked outside to the woods.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We were now in a concealed part of the woods. There was a lake in the center and bamboo grew all around us. It was beautiful especially with the stars and moon out at night. I stood there for a moment and looked into the sky as Kurama pulled the bamboo shoots up. I looked and saw that there was no way for anyone to come in…or out. He looked at me.

"No one will be able to disturb us now," he said quietly.

I was a bit apprehensive. Never has a witch or warlock seen a demon in full form and lived to tell especially Youko. Kurama has sensed it though and wrapped his arms around me protectively.

"If you don't want to go through this then you don't have to," he said resting his head on my shoulder.

I shook my head, "No you said he wanted to meet me so I think it would be rude of me to make him wait."

Kurama stepped back from me smiling and transformed. His once red hair turned to silver, his soft emerald eyes to gold. Fox ears come out of his head as well as a fox tail near his butt. He grew taller and wore different clothes. I was a bit scared even though everything would be fine…or at least that is what I hoped for.

Youko the thief of Makai was now looking down at me. His eyes were cold at first but slowly softened as he walked towards me. I was a bit tense but stood my ground. He stood in front of me and smiled.

"So you are the girl who has stolen Shuichi's heart," he stated circling me.

My body stiffened, "Yes."

Youko came from behind me and pressed his body against mine. His head lowered to my shoulder.

"You are quite charming, and it seems that you know how to defend yourself well in battle."

His arms wrapped around my waist firmly. I gulped and nodded. In one movement he spun me around so I was now facing him and he kissed me. I was shocked at first because it was sudden and hard. I finally gave in and kissed him back. After a while we both stood there and stared at each other. Finally he smiled.

"Nice meeting you," he said and turned back to his human form.

Kurama smiled at me and then kissed me softly. We parted and stared at each other under the light of the crescent moon and stars.

"I think we should be getting back," I said.

Kurama smiled, and scooped me up in his arms. In a matter of seconds we were back at the dojo. We both entered the room Genkai let me sleep and in both sat on the bed. We kissed and then lay down on the bed in one another's arms.