Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Universe ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The third round.
 
The time spent outside of the arena slowly became unbearable for many of the members of Team Hume especially the usual battle ready Lance. With Zeig badly cut up from his first tournament fight and Seth still bedridden from the demon venom that he allowed to enter his blood stream to with his first and second fight.
Whether it was luck or not the first round ended the same day it began simply because the fights were stacked leaving one team with no members surviving because the opposing team's flawless victory.
The next day as Lance slowly awoke to the sound on a knocking on the door to Team Hume's room, the outcome of the next fight they would be in was reported just an hour before the fight is scheduled to be fought.
The pale blue demon smiles as he gives Lance a small envelope and then he further smiles as Lance opens the envelope to find it not the actually schedule for the next round but an invitation to their own funeral sent by their next opponent.
Lance quickly wakes up the remaining members of his team minus Drew who didn't return after the trip to the hospital. For any kind of person an hour would be enough time to prepare a good amount for what they were about to do but not fighters.
After realizing what time it is after finally getting half way prepared to fight for their lives they are already late and arrive at the ring just as Cammi counts nine on a disqualification count to ten.
“It seems that Team Hume just wanted to make us wait for a more dramatic entrance.”
The crowd with the usual cheers for the team about to win turned into ear shattering boos that the human team that showed up just in the nick of time. Sense everyone from their team went to the hospital to check on Seth and Zeig none of them know anything about the group of humanoid demons across the ring from them.
“Well here we go folks Team Hume Vs this year's second seed to win it all Team Shinokai!”
The whole arena begins to chant “Shino-Kai” in unison.
The first of Team Shinokai jumps into the air and does two front flips landing on the ring floor with a soft thud. A medium height dark skinned human looking demon with short buzzed dark red hair.
Lance gets up into the ring with a simple hop silently mocking how easy it is to get in the ring to his black rival.
Lance drops a little into a stance he made himself to better fit his fighting style while the dark skinned man on the other side of the ring crosses his arms and stands with perfect posture.
“I've seen your best.” The statement didn't seem like he was mocking Lance but he just simply wanted to tell him. “You will need more than that to beet me you know?”
Lance stood back up, “You don't know my best until you've been fighting against it. You will see my best because I will give it to you.” Lance once again dropped into his fighting pose.
“What's your name again?”
He takes a deep calming breath, “My name is”
Lance suddenly flies out of the ring and into the wall for the fans and imbedded in it. “Lance”
Lance reaches up and grabs the top of the wall and pulls himself up on top of it and jumps back into the ring and takes off towards his unnamed opponent on the other side with more speed than the man expected and Lance ducks under the jab that is thrown at his head and jumps slamming his fist into the black man's jaw sending him into the air.
While in the air he regains his composure and spins to avoid a straight punch Lance carelessly throws at his face and with the created momentum slams his foot into Lance's ribs and he goes back to the ground at an startling speed. Lance puts out his arms and uses the momentum of his falling to summersault instead of just crash down into the ground.
As Lance gets back to his feet he just notices his opponent out of the corner of his eye and dodges a punch that would have broken his jaw. Before the man can bring his arm back Lance takes hold of his wrist and swings with his free hand. Unlike Lance the man catches the fist and now they are in a power struggle.
“You haven't told me you name yet,” Lance says through gritted teeth at his rival.
“Gage.”
He suddenly does a backflip and kicks Lance right in the jaw making him release his grip on him and Gage jumps a little and does and spiraling front flip and connects his foot to Lance's chest drives him down into the ground and even breaking into it a little.
Gage lands on the ground again with a soft thud and Lance slowly gets up blood runs down his chin from the corner of his mouth from blood he coughed up or the back flip kick he received.
“You see with your best you still won't win.”
“My best `spit' that wasn't my best.”
“You lie!”
Lance chuckles and crouches bringing his arms up slightly and Gage becomes wide eyed as Lance begins to accumulate energy from what seems like no where.
“I figured this might help if I learned how to do it, and when Cail said in this world just about everything has spirit energy to a certain degree I knew this would help.”
Lance charges towards Gage kicking up a little dust behind him and begins to strike him with ever increasing speed. Gage finally manages to block an attack and sweeps Lance's legs then connects with a spin kick all in one fluent motion sending Lance a good distance away.
Lance gets up and Gage is already on him with a spins kick Lance barely dodges and then pushes him back a little so he can get ready again Lance tries to kicks him in the side but even with his new strength Gage traps his legs to his side and with is free arm slams his elbow down on his leg. Lance yells in pain and down and spinning back kick to release his foot and hit Gage.
Lance quickly scrambles to his feet and does a summersault under a round house kick and he catches Gage's left leg from behind and flips him. Gage being an expert fight while flipping forward slugs Lance across the face before landing hard on his back and then hand springs back to his feet as does Lance.
They both stare each other down both breathing to heavily to stop their shaking bodies. Lance brings his right arm to his side and crouches bringing all his spirit energy into his fist as does Gage realizing this would be the last attack. They charge at each other screaming the whole way and a bright flash brings everyone's eyes away from the ring and as the light goes away both Lance and Gage are outside of the very large ring.
“It's a tie” whispers the until just now awe struck Cammi. She shakes her head like she is getting rid of her cobwebs in that thing called a brain and finally screams in the microphone attached to her head, “IT'S A TIE!!!”
Cammi runs into the ring as the picture of Lance and Gage both darken on the screen high above the fans, “Wow if that was the first fight I can't wait for the rest of this round between Team Hume and Team Shinokai!”