Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Universe ❯ Chapter 26

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Light Vs Dark
 
Daisuke and Togoro just stare at each other. The crowd dead silent, awaiting the unforeseen. As a cloud passes in front of the sun covering the arena in a fading light Togoro breaks the silence.
“This is no different from before only this time I will kill you.” Lance can't figure out what is making Togoro speak so confidently to an opponent who has clearly ascended to a higher power.
“No this is different, the person you beat the last time is no longer here, no has beaten me.” Daisuke's voice is calm and dry, no hint of confidence or conceit.
As the cloud leaves the sun Togoro takes off towards Daisuke and like a thunder clap Daisuke actually catches Togoro's fist mid-swing. Then Togoro does the same thing as Daisuke tries to punch him. They begin to struggle against the other, their energy beginning to create a small crater below their feet. With a loud grunt Daisuke shoves Togoro back and kicks him in the gut then slams his forearm into Togoro's chest. Togoro doesn't stumble or even moves.
With surprising speed Togoro slams his fist into Daisuke's temple then knees him, lifting Daisuke off the ground. Togoro slams his fist into Daisuke's gut driving him back some fifty feet to the edge of the ring. Before Daisuke can recover Togoro is already beginning a spin kick.
Daisuke moves to the side and catches the leg between his arm and his side, and with a powerful forearm smash Daisuke slips his leg behind Togoro's and trips him. While Togoro is on the ground Daisuke jumps high into the air and connects with a flipping heel smash to Togoro's stomach. As Daisuke moves for another attack he is engulfed in an energy blast sending him back to the center of the ring landing hard on his back. He slowly climbs to his feet and charges back at Togoro. He ducks under a elbow attack and jumps upper cutting Togoro in the jaw. Daisuke begins to move extremely fast making it appear he is teleporting around Togoro striking him.
Togoro doesn't move for a moment then quickly reaches out his arm and captures Daisuke by the neck suspending him above the ground. Togoro releases and slams his fist into Daisuke's cheek sending him skidding again to the edge of the ring.
Daisuke slowly gets to his knees and cups his hands together at his side and harnesses his power. Togoro charges at Daisuke just as he releases the energy in a concentrated stream right at Togoro. As Togoro charges he runs right into the blast but it doesn't even slow him down. He emerges from the blast a few feet from Daisuke and slams the bottom of his foot right into the center of Daisuke's face launching him another fifty feet into the barrier wall that separates the crowd from the warriors below.
Togoro turns around and walks back to the center of the ring as Daisuke slowly falls from the indent in the wall he made with his body. Daisuke jumps from the wall back to the ring and charges at Togoro. With another teleport style move Daisuke is right in front of Togoro and slams his fist into Togoro's gut making him skid back a few yards.
Daisuke takes in a few laboring breathes just as Togoro lifts his hand and launches a blast that spreads out over the whole ring. The light is blinding and as it dies out there is nothing left of the ring.
Lance quickly scans the now barren land and finally finds Daisuke sitting against the wall his head down, `Oh no did he'
Togoro suddenly appears over Daisuke and picks him up by his wrists holding him as high as he can, “I told you what was going to happen, you are just too weak!”
Togoro spins and throws Daisuke through the wall at the other end of the arena some four hundred feet away. Daisuke slowly emerges from the wall is struck again by Togoro as he rams into him. The blow sends Daisuke up the arena steps to the very top level of the stands into the back wall.
Daisuke slowly stands as members of the crowd begin to run at him. A loud rumbling gets the crowds attention as Daisuke runs to the next section a blast destroys that whole area and everyone in it.
Togoro looks over the area and finds Daisuke hanging from a piece of the stands and he pulls himself back up. Just as Daisuke makes it to his feet Togoro has him by his neck again. Togoro slams his fist into Daisuke's gut sending him flying back down the stands and through another part of the barrier wall.
Daisuke doesn't get up this time and Togoro takes his time getting back to him. Just as Daisuke begins to try and move Togoro starts stomping on his back trying to smash the life out of him. With every stomp Daisuke releases a loud painful scream. Togoro stops and lifts Daisuke's limp body and throws it into the air.
Daisuke suddenly flips and fires a two handed spirit blast that slams against Togoro's body. Daisuke lands and charges at Togoro. He lands a heavy combo of strikes to the face and finishes his attack with a spirit blast right into Togoro's stomach at close range. After that Daisuke flips backwards a few time to create some space between him and Togoro.
Togoro suddenly explodes forward and punches Daisuke right in the face lifting him high into the air. Togoro jumps up after him and kicks him higher into the air. As Daisuke reaches the peak of his rise Togoro appears above him and axe handle smashes him in the gut launching him down to the ground at suicidal speeds.
Daisuke hits the ground with so much force it lifts up all the loose dirt and makes a large blast of dirt flying out from where he landed. Miraculously Daisuke gets back to his feet again.
Daisuke charges at Togoro and lands a spin kick into a spinning jump kick. With the momentum from the spinning kick Togoro also spins and slams his fist into Daisuke's back making him skid forward a little. Daisuke turns and dodges a punch and lands back flip kick to Togoro's jaw. Togoro charges forward and lands a devastating knee strike to Daisuke's gut. Daisuke skids far back and as he stops his falls to the ground shuddering in pain.
Before Togoro gets another chance to stomp him out Daisuke gets to his feet and dodges a kick. This time Daisuke jumps behind Togoro and punches him in the neck. Togoro spins trying to kick Daisuke. Daisuke dodges the attack and jumps slamming his knee into Togoro's gut and at the same time slams his palms into Togoro's temples. Daisuke lands and punches Togoro in the face as hard as he can.
Togoro stumbles back his nose now bleeding. Daisuke keeps up his attack realizing this is a perfect and rare opportunity. Daisuke kicks Togoro in the gut twice then rolls under a punch and strikes him in the chest with a jumping spin kick. Daisuke keeps his momentum as he swings forward but Togoro catches his fist. With completely no deffence against it Togoro whips his head forward and slams it into Daisuke's. Togoro then slams his foot straight into Daisuke's gut shooting him backwards onto his back.
Daisuke looks back at his teammates and flexes his arms at his sides and begins to roar as his energy begins to grow thick as the air around him seems to grow dense with the energy. Togoro smirks and charges forward. Daisuke keeps charging even as Togoro slugs him in the face then kicks him in the gut. Togoro begins to pummel Daisuke uncontested.
Lance turns to his teammates, “We have to do something, he is getting killed!”
Cail grabs Lance's shoulder, “There is nothing we can do, this is his fight not ours.”
Daisuke keeps his energy up as Togoro grabs him by the throat and begins to the crush the air out of him. Daisuke brings up both his feet and slams them into Togoro's chest thrusting him back and making him release Daisuke's neck.
Daisuke flips and lands on his feet, his energy still growing making it look like he has floating flames around him. Togoro appears behind him and as Daisuke turns Togoro catches him in a bear hug.
“I know what you're thinking and now how will you launch that blast with your hands stuck to your sides!?”
Daisuke scowls at and lifts his head to look directly into Togoro's eyes, “Who said I need hands!”
Daisuke opens his mouth and releases and blast of white that illuminates the whole arena making it impossible to see. As the light dies Daisuke is on his hands and knees and Togoro is gone.
Lance gets ready to run out to him but the sound of clapping begins to echo around the arena.
“That……was impressive.”
Daisuke turns around and Togoro is standing on the barrier wall, an amused smile on his lips.
Togoro jumps down and crosses his arms, “That was very creative Daisuke, you expected I'd do that so that energy around your body was just a show. Very……amusing”
Daisuke gets back to his feet and smirks, “Wait till you see the next act.”
Daisuke charges at Togoro and swings with a lot less speed compared to before. Togoro easily dodges the attack and drives his fist up into Daisuke's gut then spins back handing Daisuke in the side of the head dropping him. Togoro kicks Daisuke in the gut rolling him on the ground. Togoro keeps doing the same thing toying with Daisuke.
Daisuke quickly turns and boots Togoro's ankle making him stumble and Daisuke quickly rises and connects with a spinning kick turning Togoro a little. Daisuke jumps and slams his foot into Togoro's ribs making him stumble even more. With Togoro stumbling Daisuke flips backwards and lands a powerful kick knocking Togoro off his feet.
Togoro quickly gets back to his feet and with a sudden burst of speed connects with clothesline making Daisuke flip backwards onto his face. Togoro tries to stomp on Daisuke again but he quickly rolls away from another painful stomping. Daisuke gets back to his feet and blocks a punch using both his arms leaving the rest of his body open. Togoro kicks Daisuke in the gut lifting him then connects to a powerful spiral uppercut making Daisuke fly back uncontrollably.
Daisuke slams into the ground completely distorted and begins to cough up blood making a small trail of blood run from his mouth to his jaw. He slowly gets to his feet. Togoro swings at Daisuke and he just move enough for the attack to his shoulder. The hit makes him spin so he quickly lowers himself and sweeps Togoro's feet making him fall.
In an attack of desperation he begins to stomp on Togoro's right leg trying to slow Togoro down. Togoro catches Daisuke foot and lifts it throwing Daisuke off balance giving Togoro enough time to stand. Daisuke runs back at Togoro, and without and chance for defense Togoro quickly slams his fist into Daisuke's solar plexus making him temporarily paralyzed. Togoro jumps and hits Daisuke in the forehead with a back kick knocking Daisuke back to the ground, but it knocks him out of his stupor and he flips back to his feet.
Daisuke and Togoro stare at each other again both injured from the long hard battle. In any other circumstance this would be a great achievement that he has actually hurt Togoro.
“You know there's a huge difference between us that I never really took the time to notice before now.”
Togoro seems intrigued by Daisuke's statement, “How so?”
“You are fighting for the betterment of yourself and your own self preservation. You don't care if your comrades die just so long as you win.”
Togoro almost looks like he's going to laugh, “You speak as if self preservation is a bad thing.”
Daisuke shakes his head, “You just don't get it at all. I would die for my comrades just to have them survive it isn't about you don't you hold anything above yourself!?”
“No”
Daisuke stands straight, “Then I have no remorse for you.”
Daisuke raises his arms to the side and closes his eyes.
Cail quickly realizes what that stance means, “We have to stop him, he's using his own life energy now!”
Before anyone can stop him Daisuke calls forth the Immortal Soul Attack. His whole body glows a bright white and energy launches from him and takes hold of Togoro's arms and legs.
“What is this?!” Togoro tries to move but he can't.
“This is the end of you.”
The light covers both Daisuke and Togoro and suddenly the light is gone as well as Togoro. Daisuke is still standing and looks at his teammates.
His eyes fade and his body goes limp as he falls back.
Hinata not wanting anything to do with what just happened stays hidden in the crowd and makes the original announcer Cammi go check Daisuke's pulse.
After a moment she almost looks like she could cry as she announces that Daisuke is dead and Togoro is nowhere so the match is a tie making team Hume the winning.
Lance quickly runs out and grabs Daisuke's lifeless body and they leave before the crowd actually grasps the fact that Togoro was defeated by Daisuke.