Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yukenia's Friend ❯ Another Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Yukina's Friend (title may change.)
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
Chapter 1/10
Another Mission
* * *
Yusuke walked out of school, it was the first time he'd been to school in about four weeks.
Keiko came running after him with Puu in her arms. “Yusuke!” she called.
He stopped and waited for her to catch up with him. She smiled “Hey Yusuke, how was the last mission?”
“Just great Keiko. Just great if you like monsters trying to make you their dinner.”
“Here's Puu,” she handed him the blue teddy bear with a beak.
“Come on Keiko I told you…” Yusuke begin.
“Kurama!” Keiko pushed Puu into Yusuke's arms and ran past him.
Yusuke walked out of the school gates to where Keiko and Kurama were talking. As Yusuke walked up he heard Keiko ask Kurama about the mission they just got back from. Why couldn't she ask him? He was the one who was going out with her, wasn't he? Since he got back she's been with him every minute she can. It was like she thought he was leaving again but this time for good.
“Yusuke,” Kurama said his name and break his thought.
“Yo, Kurama, what brings you here?” Yusuke said eyeing Keiko. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.
“Well Yusuke, we have another mission.” Kurama answered.
“What? Why is Boton not here?” He yelled he could see the tears coming to Keiko's eyes.
“Sorry Yusuke, Boton is not going with us this time.” Kurama said. “This time we have to go by ourselves.” Yusuke just stared.
“Koenma wants Boton here, Yusuke.” Kurama said.
“Where are we going?” Yusuke asked.
“A world that is almost gone.”
“Gone?”
“Yes it's disappearing as we speak.”
“If it's disappearing then why are you guys going.” Keiko spoke for the first time in a while.
“A friend of Yukina left the ice realm to go back to her land. Her land is the world that is almost gone by Koenma information. When Yukina heard she went to Koema and asked him if she could go and bring her back.” Kurama said.
“Yukina, no, is she okay?” Keiko asked.
“Don't worry Keiko the pastier junky wouldn't let her go unless he wants a death wish.” Yusuke answered.
“Yeah…” Kurama agreed. “And Koenma said her friend has nothing to do with the spirit world so he couldn't do anything.” Kurama sighed. “Yukina cried and Hiei was watching everything.”
“So the junky cracked and changed his mind?” Yusuke asked.
“Well after Hiei threatened him who wouldn't?” Kurama asked.
“Good point,” Yusuke said. “I'll go get Kuwabara.”
“No, Hiei wants him to stay at Genkei's temple.” Kurama said.
“What? Why?” Yusuke asked a little confused; Kuwabara always went on missions with them, with out him it wasn't the same.
“Yukina will be at the temple, she might go after her friend herself. That's why Koenma said he should stay behind.” Kurama answered.
“But you just said Hiei doesn't know about the whole Yukina thing yet,” Kurama said with a smile.
“Oh, I get it but when he finds out he won't be happy.” Yusuke said.
“Yusuke is Hiei ever happy?”
“Good point, Well I'm walking Keiko home now. See you later man. Yusuke put an arm around his girlfriend and handed her Puu. They both walked away.
They walked in silence for about an hour neither of them looking at each other. Keiko had hurried her face in Puu before they were out of Kurama's sight. Yusuke still had his arm around her
“Yusuke…I knew,” Keiko finally broke the silence.
“I guessed that.” Yusuke said. He stopped and pulled Keiko to a stop with him. Keiko turned and looked at Yusuke.
“Yusuke are you mad at me?” Keiko asked looking up at him. He could tell that she'd been hiding her tears in Puu after all. Her eyes were still red would start to cry again.
“No Keiko, no I'm not mad.” Yusuke hugged her and pulled her to him, letting her cry again into his chest. “I love you, Keiko.”