Zatch Bell Fan Fiction ❯ The mamodo that controls time and the hidden spell ❯ The spell in green writing ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: The spell in green writing
 
When Kiyo got home, Zatch ran through the hallway to greet him.
“Kiyo!” He shouted.
“Shh!” Kiyo said, grabbing Zatch by the arm and taking him upstairs to his room.
Kiyo picked the spell book upon entry, and flung Zatch onto the bed.
“What's this all about Kiyo!” Zatch said with a smile, as he began to jump up and down on the bed.
“Suzy has one of them, I mean one of you!” Kiyo said, fumbling his words.
“One of me? There's only one of me!” Zatch replied.
Kiyo shook his head in frustration
“No! One of your kind! A…Mamodo!” Kiyo said.
“Uh oh…” Zatch said in response to Kiyo's announcement, “That means I might have to fight Suzy, doesn't it?”
Kiyo nodded.
“What's his name?” Zatch asked.
“I doubt you'll remember, Zatch,” Kiyo said in a sarcastic laugh.
“I know, but I can ask Tia!”
Kiyo opened his mouth to speak, but then stopped, nodding once more.
 
The two went to bed, Zatch fell asleep immediately, but Kiyo lay awake. He kept seeing those cold, evil, and red eyes that Hirosha bore. He wished Suzy had just torched the book where it stood, and save her the trouble of losing the momodo later on after getting too attached. He remembered the night Sherry came and told him the huge speech about how he should burn his book, and hoped she was telling Suzy the same thing about now. Kiyo couldn't stand the sight of Zatch fighting Hirosha, he didn't want to see Suzy suffer like that. But like all mamodo, they all have the desire to win, and a fight was always inevitable. He shut his eyes in frustration.
Suddenly the spell book began to glow. Kiyo got up and opened it to examine if a new spell was legible. He flipped through the pages of blue ink, passing the few red sentences he had memorized. He stopped upon finding a page in green ink.
“I…can read it,” he mumbled, “Icar…Incarus…Incarus!”
He smiled, then closed the book and went back to sleep.
 
The next day, Kiyo brought Zatch to the park where they found Tia on the swings.
“Zatch!” She called to him.
Zatch smiled and laugh as he ran up to her, Kiyo followed.
“Hiya, Tia!” He said jumping around.
“Tia, we have a question for you,” Kiyo explained.
“Oh?” Tia said, playing with her hair.
“Do you know the mamodo Hirosha?” Kiyo asked.
Tia's smile faded away, as she nodded in shame.
“Do I ever!” She shouted, “Back in our world, he and Zatch used to be mortal enemies.”
“Great…” Kiyo said.
Zatch stared, confused and perplexed. He sat down on the swing, waving his legs back and forth, listening to the conversation.
“Hey where's Megumi,” He asked, to get his voice heard.
“Not the time, Zatch!” Kiyo snapped.
“Playing a concert,” Tia explained.
Zatch sighed.
“Anyway, Hirosha…I remember he used to control time. He used to hate Zatch because he always wanted his powers. He thought it was unfair that Zatch was appointed with the lightning spell book, and lightning abilities, when he was given the ability to stop, fast forward, and rewind time. I don't know what he's complaining about though, I would love that power!” Tia said.
“Well he's become partners with my best friend,” Kiyo said.
“Oh my…” Tia replied, “That's not to good now is it…”
“Well, now that that's out of the way…do you know if Megumi has any spells in green ink in her spell book?” Kiyo asked.
Zatch tilted his head in confusion.
“I don't know, why do you?” Tia asked.
Kiyo nodded.
“Strange, well try it out, maybe green means super powerful!” She said, cheerfully.
“Yeah!” Zatch shouted in agreement.
Kiyo sighed, and then watched as the two friends laughed and played with each other.