Zatch Bell Fan Fiction ❯ The mamodo that controls time and the hidden spell ❯ Hirosha falls ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 8: Hirosha Falls

The lightning bolts disappeared, and the fog of time began to fade away; time was beginning to start anew. Everyone in the classroom stared from Kiyo to Megumi, to Suzy to Hirosha, then to the burning book in the centre of the room. Hirosha was still unconscious, unaware of anything that was happening. Suzy was still lying on the floor, recuperating from her injury, as a lightning bolt had hit her in the ankle. Kiyo stood there and watched the book burn, as did Megumi behind him. They watched the flames with a sense of accomplishment.
“The fire! Put it out!” Suzy screamed, “He said if it burnt he would disappear! Do something! Please!”
Megumi began to feel slightly guilty, but Kiyo did not move.
“He didn't lie!” Suzy said. “He didn't lie! You really did want to kill him!”
“No, Suzy,” Kiyo said, “We wanted to save him. Save his entire race. He could not rule them, and there are other much more powerful then us who would kill him with no mercy, and feel no remorse.”
Suzy began to cry.
“Please don't cry…” Megumi said trying to console her.
The flames rose, as the book was beginning to shrivel and burn away.
“He told me to say something if the book caught fire…just in case…” Suzy began.
Kiyo raised an eyebrow. Suzie's tears began to shed like fountains.
The entire classroom still stared, as if they were all petrified, and could not say a word.
Suzy began to speak; she tried to yell:
“Boa Ma Foroshima!”
The burning pieces of ash began to glow, until suddenly all that could be seen was white, Kiyo closed his eyes.
He opened them anew to find himself sitting beside Suzy in the classroom, and his arm was reaching over to grab something, a math book, he knocked a book over, to find the math book sitting on top of the pile. He stared at it.
“Wait…I've seen this before…this isn't right…”
“What?” Suzy asked, in her usual high-pitched tone.
Kiyo shook his head.
“Oh…never mind…”

Kiyo got home later that day. He went into his room; Zatch was jumping on the bed, praising his return.
“Zatch, do you feel like something's…wrong?” he asked the mamodo.
Zatch stopped jumping, and tilted his head.
“No, why?”
“I don't know…” Kiyo said, “I just…feel like I've done this before…but differently!”
“Well Kiyo, I really doubt you can go forward in time!”
Kiyo laughed. It was true, he couldn't. But was it possible he had gone backward?