Zatch Bell Fan Fiction ❯ The mamodo that controls time and the hidden spell ❯ Round Three – The Swords Amidst the Fog of Time ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7: Round Three - The Swords Amidst the Fog of Time

Kiyo had nearly memorized all the spells in green writing that were compatible for his sword. He wondered if Megumi had done the same. He went to school the next day, leaving Zatch, and his book at home.
As he anticipated, Suzy had brought Hirosha with her. Not as soon as Kiyo had stepped foot in the classroom, Suzy grabbed his arm and issued the Chronoshi spell. The familiar fog rolled in, and time itself froze. But this time, Kiyo was not frozen.
“We need to talk…” Hirosha said as he strolled in.
“About what?” Kiyo snapped.
“About your book of course, and why it isn't burnt yet!”
Kiyo took a step back; he dropped his right arm and opened his palm.
“I don't want to hurt you, Hirosha, go back to the mamodo world in peace,” Kiyo said.
Hirosha forced a cold laughter.
“Suzy,” he commanded, “Time to read the new spell.”
Kiyo's eyes burst open. He clenched a fist and stood prepared.
“GIGANO AKARUK!” Suzy shouted. This time those amber coloured lines were appearing everywhere. They were coming from those frozen in time, Kiyo, and even Suzy.
Kiyo looked around, he could see everyone rapidly aging, and he too could feel weak. He raised his hand to feel his face…he could feel wrinkles. He looked at his hands; he was growing feeble and weak. All these lines emerging from everybody in the room all came together and joined at where Hirosha stood. The mamodo's eyes lit up a dark red, as suddenly he came charging at Kiyo. Kiyo took several blows to the chest, as well as the stomach. He fell to the ground.
Kiyo expected this spell to be just a more powerful version of the one that had occurred to Zatch and Tia, and that he would regain his strength momentarily as they didl, but no such happenings occurred. Here Kiyo lay motionless on the floor.
“Suzy, you know what to do.”
“FOROSHI!”
This time Hirosha moved much quicker, he sped towards Kiyo, and launched the same strikes as previously, but this time they were much swifter and much harder. Kiyo could do nothing but take the pain.
“I wonder what this one does…” Suzy said as she flipped through the pages.
Hirosha looked back.
“MA-“
“NO!” Hirosha shouted, as if he knew what was going to occur.
“MA FOROSHI!” she concluded.
Suddenly, all the blows given to Kiyo were being rewound, and Hirosha sped back to where he originally was, as if nothing happened. He spun around quickly to his partner, and then suddenly exasperated, breathing out all the lines. Eventually Kiyo regained all his power.
“FOOL!” Hirosha roared to Suzy, “Never read that spell after you've read the one that makes me move quickly! It undoes everything, making all the attacks before it useless!”
“Well I couldn't stand there and watch you hit Kiyo, and plus I wanted to try something new…”
“I told you Kiyo wants me dead! You should be proud I'm hitting him!”
Suzy and Hirosha were not watching, but as they argued, Kiyo slowly got up.
“I know he does…but the writing was so pretty and I just wanted to shout it out loud like everything else in this book!”
Kiyo started to advance.
“Well next time, do not read it! Its one of the few spells I hate activating!”
“INCARUS!” Kiyo shouted
The two turned their attention to him.
The sword appeared in his hand.
“That's…. the Sword of The Mamodo King…but how!” Hirosha said disillusioned.
Kiyo grinned.
“SPINAGARU!”
Kiyo dropped the blade before the intense heat issued, it began to spin not seconds after it at fell from his hands. He retracted his arm to his shoulder, and then launched it forward. The lightning disc attacked Hirosha.
Hirosha was hit and knocked directly backwards. The sword flung back to Kiyo's hand, returning to its original state.
“That's cheating!” Suzay interjected, “You need a book!”
“No…” Hirosha said in anger, “The Sword of The Mamodo King allows the user to use spells without a book…”
Kiyo flicked his wrist, pointing the sword at Hirosha.
“THUNDURGA!”
Lightning shot at Hirosha.
Hirosha put his hand on his chest, and grinned angrily.
“Suzy! Help me!” he demanded.
Kiyo twirled the sword in his hand, making satire of Hirosha's struggling.
“REQUIUK!” he shouted.
This time the sword's blade exploded into what seemed like yellow dragon wings, which spanned very largely overhead. Kiyo raised his arm in the air, raising the sword high above him. The wings were so large one could think Kiyo had a guardian angel hovering over top of him. Kiyo raised his other hand and placed it on the blade, then flung the sword down with the strongest might. The lightning shaped out a dragon, whose wings helped him fly out towards Hirosha, striking him immensely.
“More?” Kiyo asked in a roar.
“SUZY!” Hirosha screamed.
“FOROSHI!”
Hirosha grinned, as he disappeared once more, moving really fast, he was about to charge Kiyo when:
“BOA MA SESHIELD!”
A woman's yell penetrated the silence as somebody broke through the window of the school, a sword in their hand, the blade glowing the brightest of white.
Megumi had jumped into the school, unleashing a spell; she dove in front of Kiyo, and a large circular plate, nearly triple the size of Tia's Ma Seshield spell appeared in front of them. Hirosha ran right into the large plate, upon contact, the shield exploded, damaging greatly the mamodo. Kiyo acted quickly.
He ran and jumped onto one of the nearby desks, and then jumped into the air. Once more it seemed like slow motion.
“APPROKHEN!” he roared.
The sword began to pulsate, as Kiyo flew in the air. He turned the sword in his hand, so that blade was facing downward. As he fell, the sword was about to penetrate the floor. Hirosha was still on the ground, recuperating from his fatal hit. Kiyo landed, piercing the blade into the wooden floor, creating large sparks of lightning that emerged from it and flew everywhere.
“DIRACHI!” Megumi shouted, a force field similar with Seoshi appeared and protected her.
Suzy did not act that quickly, and her mamodo was fried by the shock. She tried to run and save him, but her foot got caught in one of the bolts of lightning, hurting her and tripping her. She let go of the spell book, as it landed on another bolt, and caught fire.