Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ The Holy Knights ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Holy Knights

The magic academy is shaken by a sudden explosion but strangely no one reacts beyond taking a deep breath and letting out a heavy sigh.
"Saito you dog what are you doing with the maid!?" Louise as usual has found Saito in a very bad situation with Siesta. "You horny dog! Explosion!" Louise's wand glows blue and another explosion rocks the academy.
"Louise nothing happened she tripped and fall on top of me I swear."
"You are just a dog no you are lower than a dog, you are back to being a water flea," Louise turns around and begins to stomp away mumbling under her breathe about how much she hates Saito.
"Saito I should be going I have more things to do." Siesta bows and and Saito just nods from his newly acquire position on the ground after the last explosion.
"Man why does this always seem to happen I am just minding my own business and something always happens that puts me in a bad situation just as Louise finds me," he takes a deep breath and hangs his head, "Doesn't she know how I feel by now?"
As Saito begins to slowly fall into a depressing state Guiche finds him, "You know every time I see you you are like this," Before Saito can explain the situation to him Guiche continues, "But that doesn't really matter right now you need to come with me, its time for the knights to train.
"Yeah......"
The Undine Knights, a rag tag bunch of mages that would like to become knights are all waiting for Saito and Guiche, once they arrive the knights begin the usual training which usually consists of simply sparring matches with no magic, Saito leisurely watches and sometimes joins in a match using a wood sword so that his power doesn't activate.
After about an hour a scream is heard from the far side of the quad where the knights have been practicing, "SAITO!!"
Without looking Saito instantly knows he's in trouble, "Looks like we are done for today Guiche......Guiche?"
Saito spins around and finds all the Undine Knights include Guiche has been knocked down, a few unconscious, and someone is holding Louise hostage with a blade to her throat."
"Louise! Let her go!"
The person behind Louise chuckles, "You better go get Derflinger, other wise you won't be able to save her."
"How does he know about Derflinger,"
"Louise hold on I'll-"
Guiche limps over to Saito, Derflinger in hand, "Better hurry up and be the hero,"
"Thanks Guiche, let's go Derflinger!" Saito draws his sword his left hand glows as the runes activate."
As Saito charges at the man holding Louise he whispers, "I'm sorry Void Mage," as lets go of her and pulls metal gauntlets on.
Saito jumps into the air and brings Derflinger down upon the man's gauntlets with full force. The impact causes an explosion of energy that separates the two of them.
"You are powerful God's Left Hand."
The man charges at Saito and begins trying to connect with his fists.
Partner he's too close you won't be able to use me unless you create some space!
"Louise use explosion!"
"Why Saito-"
"Just do it!"
Louise points her wand at Saito and the attacker, "EXPLOSION!"
The blast knocks both combatants to the ground and creates the space need for Saito to run up the attacker and put the tip of Derflinger to his throat.
"Who are you, who sent you, was it Tabitha's uncle!?"
The man stands up even with the blade still close to his throat, "You ask to many questions and you don't wait for them to be answered, you are very impatient Saito, the left hand of God."
"Fine then, who are you."
"Before I answer will you please move Derflinger from my neck," Saito doesn't move, "Airo," A gust of wind goes past Saito and suddenly Louise is being held captive again this time by a man with short olive colored hair. "Saito please remove the sword from my throat"
As the blade lowers the man, Airo, moves away from Louise.
"Thank you Saito," The brown haired man clears his throat and takes off the gauntlets that he was wearing, "My name is Seth and though you might have trouble believing it I'm from the United States."
Saito's eyes go wide at the very mention of a place from earth, "You said the United States, like the United States of America?"
"Yup, Why do you think I look like this," Saito didn't take the time before but now notices that he is wearing a blue tee shirt with the NIKE logo on the sleeve and light cacao jean shorts, with a belt to hold the gauntlets. "Besides didn't you think it was strange to be fighting someone with brown hair and green eyes, Louise over there has pink hair for crying out loud."
Saito puts his sword back, "I guess I didn't really think about it, I was a little pre-occupied to notice your 'earthly' traits."
Louise stomps over, her face a rather unpleasant shade of red, "Saito why are you two just talking now, what happened ,who is this guy!?"
Seth turns to her and does a very small bow, "My name is Seth, I'm sorry about before but we had to be sure he was the left hand of God. I know you have a lot of questions so perhaps I should just explain our situation first and I'll answer any questions after, okay?"
Louise, slightly less red faced nods and crosses her arms.
Airo walks over and joins the group as well as Guiche very cautiously does. They all sit down in the grass and Seth scratches his head as if trying to find a good way to start, "Oh yeah this is Airo, he's from west Gallia." Airo smiles and bows as best he can from a seated position. "And that guy over there is Zion." Saito and Louise look over by a tree and find another man with platinum colored hair reading a book, strangely in close proximity is Tabitha, who is also reading a book.
"Now that we are all introduced I can start, me, Airo, Zion and another one of us are called the Holy Knights, though I am sure you never heard of us. We are what I guess you could say are 'preventers' we try our best to stop bad people from doing bad things before anyone in general public and more importantly leaders of other nations know about it. We also have a very deep rooted connection to Saito, the left hand of God."
"Why do you keep saying that, what is that name for." Guiche looks at Saito's left hand, "Is it because of the runes on it?"
"Beyond the obvious facts we can't really say, because........we don't know." Louise and Guiche both suddenly have sarcastic looks on their faces. "Every weapon he touches that was meant for battle he instantly knows how to use to its full potential, no one else can do that."
"Does the fact that I came form Earth have anything to do with it?"
Seth looks over at Saito, "That will come later in my story."
"This may comes as a surprise to you but you aren't the only special one." Everyone gets a confused look on their face. Seth rolls up the sleeve the cover he left arm and only Louise can see because she is next to him on that side, her eyes grow wide and then she looks at Saito's left hand. "On my left arm is the same rune that is on Saito's left hand. I am the left arm of God." Airo rolls up his pant leg and reveals that he also has the rune on his left knee, "Airo is the left leg of God. So you see we are all special, just like you Saito."
Saito looks down at his hand and at Seth's arm and Airo's knee, "All the same...."
Louise points over to Zion who is still under the tree reading, still in proximity to Tabitha, who doesn't seem to even notice his presence, "What about him," Louise takes a sarcastic tone like she is speaking down on Seth, "What is he, the left ear, or the left foot!"
"Louise, I'm not playing a practical joke on you, that would just be a dumb waste of time, Zion has the left eye of God, if you don't believe me look at his left eye the runes are there."
Louise gets up and walks over to Zion
What is going on, I thought Saito and I where special if there are more people like Saito then there might be more mages like me, what if Saito wasn't meant to be with me but one of them, this is so infuriating!
Louise enters the shade of the tree and looks down at the platinum hair of Zion, who is still reading his book. "Well look at me," Zion keeps reading his book which makes Louise even more annoyed than before, "As a noble I order you to look at me!"
Zion reaches the last page of his book and closes it, "I'm sorry I was lost in the story I guess." Zion looks up at her but she can't see the runes inside his eye.
Louise turns around, "I don't see anything in his eye!"
Seth shouts back, "Zion let those students wake up they have been asleep long enough."
Zion scratches his head and laughs, "Woops, I forgot about them," Zion closes his eyes and chants a short phrase and then opens his eyes back up, "Awaken."
As his magic begins to work his left eye begins to glow until the runes are clear in his left eye. As the magic fades and the students wake up the rune fades and his eye looks normal again.
Louise stand speechless as the Undine Knights begin to wake up from their naps.
As Louise walks back to the circle where everyone is sitting Zion notices Tabitha sitting under another tree and walks over, "Hi, my name is Zion."
Back at the circle Seth continues his story, "So now you believe us Louise," she nods but avoids his eyes, "Since we are on the subject I guess I should tell you about the last of us he doesn't like to travel with us so you probably will not meet him any time soon but his name is Kai, Tutor."
The name's familiarity makes Saito try to remember, but the name makes Louise begin to shiver. Saito looks over at Louise as a tear falls from her cheek, "Prince Wales last name was Tutor."
Seth's expression changes slightly but he continues, Kai is Wales half-brother, his father's illegitimate son. We don't know his last name but as far as I know Kai uses it to honor his half brother, he seemed to care deeply for him. I don't think Wales knew the truth about Kai."
Louise wipes the tears from her face, "Could Kai take the throne then?"
Seth shrugs, "I don't know much about this cause I'm like Saito I'm not from here, Airo what about it?"
Airo thinks about it for a moment, "I don't think he really could, it would seem too simple for someone to just say they are of royal blood, it would start a civil war if he did get any support from the nobles."
"So what is he then, there can only be so many things left since leg, arm, hand, and eye are already taken?" Saito looks back down at his hand trying to think of somthing the body has two of.
Seth smirk, "To be honest we aren't entirely sure, his rune is on his chest but it is right over his heart, when he used to be with us we'd joke with him and call him the left breast of God, but in all honesty he could be the heart. His skills are like all of ours combined but to a lesser extent, I guess as a way of balancing us all out."
Guiche looks at his wand and then at Saito's sword, "When you say skills what do you mean, like magic types?"
Seth looks at Guiche and gets kind of a uncertain look on his face, "uhhh well.......Not magic per-say, like Saito's skills are with all weapons meant for fighting, he has increase endurance, speed, strength, and even better tactical reasoning when he is using his powers. That's what I meant by skills. Me being the left arm of god, I have much more strength than Saito but I'm not as quick and I don't have that handy weapon power he does. I also have some magic skill but mine is kinda like.....Saito its like manga right, you know energy blasts?"
Saito gets a kind of an excited look on his face at the sound of some one using a Hadoken or a Kameha blast.
"Its more magic based but I can release it from my hand instead of a wand like Louise and other mages. If you couldn't tell from the last time you saw Airo move his skills are more movement based, he can run much faster than Saito and a lot faster than me, and he can jump higher, and make his steps soundless. He would be an ultimate assassin should he want to be. Zion's is strange because they don't really seem to match up."
The group look over to where Zion was and now he is sitting right next to Tabitha reading her book at the same time as her, she still doesn't seem to care but Louise notices that her face is a little flush.
Seth looks very confused, "Uh, he is a very talented mage if the highest class of mage is a square which is four lines he would be a hexagon, a six lined mage. He has the normal four class magic, wind, fire, earth, and water, then he also has what I would guess is Elven magic and a magic that only he has which is very hard for me to explain and he seems a little busy over there so that is that."
Saito crosses his eyes and look up at the academy, "So Kai has all our abilitys but not as powerful, I don't know if that sound like balance or over kill."
"Well that's just the way it is, he is the center of our powers so I guess it makes sense that he would have a bit of everything."
Airo stands up and walk over to Seth and kneels down right behind him, "Our partners,"
Seth face goes white as a ghost and he turns his head to Airo and nods, "Yeah, you better hurry or we'll be one less than we are now, she'll kill me."
"Who will kill you?"
Seth's face begins to regain some of its color, "my wife......"
Louise looks at him, "You have a wife!?"
Seth's expression changes from fear to confused, "Yeah, me and Airo both are married, to our mages. Aren't you and Saito married yet?"
"M-M-M-M-M married to Saito?"
"Yeah once we find or are summoned by our mage we usually fall in love with them, don't you two love each other?" Seth raises his eye brows in a suggestive way that makes Louise blush again and Saito begins nervously laughing."
we almost were married before the ceremony was complete I gave Louise that sleeping potion, we never finished. I also tell her that I love her but it rarely goes further than that thanks to all the random stuff that always happens to me.
Seth looks kinda disappointed, "I see, that's.....too bad."
Louise fights back her embarrassment, "S-So you where s-summoned too then?"
Seth demeanor changes, "Yeah since I'm from earth like Saito, though not the same place, I was summoned by my mage, Rain."
Guiche stands up in the middle of Seth explaining and dusts himself off, "So how old are you?"
Seth smiles, "I'm eighteen, Airo is eighteen, and Zion is sixteen. Are you leaving now Guiche?"
Guiche pulls out his rose stem wand and breathes in, " Yes, I should see how my beautiful Montmorency is."
Saito smiles and looks up at Guiche, "Sure you are."
Seth looks at Saito and then Louise, "Well I think I should probably get to work, before I get killed."
Seth gets up and walks over to Zion, and strangely enough still, Tabitha.
"What is it Seth?"
"We should probably set up camp outside of the academy before the wives get here other wise you will have to find your 'one' on your own."
Zion shrugs and points at Tabitha, "Maybe I did."
Seth looks down at Tabitha and she looks up at him, "Hello."
Seth smiles, "Hi, nice to meet you."
Seth puts his arm around Zion and walks away with him quietly whispering about his great taste.
Louise and Saito both get up and for the first time in a long time they walk back into the academy, without fighting.
Saito looks back at Seth and Zion walking away.
Seth never said why he's even here!