Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

At Any Cost
 
Seth opens his eyes and he is looking at the back of a human with long blonde hair and a red ribbon tied at the bottom holding all the hair in the back together. Seth turns around and sees Seth sitting up and he startles her and she drops the wet rag she had in her hand.
She quickly bends down and picks up the rag, “I'm sorry you scared me.”
Seth rubs his left eye, “Who are you?”
The woman looks a little disappointed, “You don't remember me?” She quickly perks back up, “I guess it has been what four or five years,” She touches the rag to Seth side and he cringes, “Please sit back Seth, your wounds need to be taken care of. At the very least you need to have them cleaned.”
Seth grabs the rag and the girl stops, “Who are you?”
“I'm the little girl that you saved a very long time ago, my name is Sakura. You came to my bar once or twice before.” Seth thinks about it and remembers the old man and the girl with the short blonde hair, she smiles, “You remember me now?”
“Yea, how's the old man been?”
Sakura looks down at the floor and smiles a rather fake smile, “He died a year ago. He left me the place and I've been running it ever since.”
“I'm sorry, I really enjoyed talking to that old guy. He was a, different person.” Sakura starts cleaning his wounds again, “So why are you here?”
She stands up and takes the bloody rag over to a bucket and rinces it out, “Well after I heard about your wife, I decided that since you helped me, saved me, I'd come here and help you and your son as best as I can.”
Seth sits back up and rests his feet on the ground, “Sakura, I don't know what to tell you but, I can't stay here.” She rings out the rag and walks back over to him, “My son was taken, and I have to get him back.”
Sakura slides behind him on his bed and starts cleaning his back, “You can't go until I clean all of these wounds, your back is going to covered in scars for the rest of your life. If you don't let me clean them than your back will be infected and you may die.” Seth takes in a deep irritated breath and Sakura continues to dress his wounds.
 
 
A couple of hours pass and Sakura has finished not only cleaning his wounds but wrapping them. Seth stands up and looks in the full body mirror his black pants are torn at the bottom from use and his entire abdomen and half of his chest is covered in white bandage wrap. The more he looks at all the wrap on his body he more he begins to wonder how he could have lived through so much. Even the clubbing blow from the big guy didn't leave a lasting wound his ribs, besides the obvious problems he feels fine.
“So what now?”
Seth walks over to his dresser and opens up the top draw and pulls out a black zip up vest. He throws the vest on and then takes a key that is sitting on the top of the dresser and uses it to unlock the bottom drawer. Sakura peaks over his shoulder as he reaches into the drawer and pulls out a sword in a crimson colored scabbard with runes running down the length of the cover. Seth unsnaps the end of the leather belt on the other side of the scabbard and drapes it diagonally across his back. He turns and starts walking towards the door.
Sakura runs in front of Seth with her arms spread out blocking the entire doorway, “You can't!”
“Sakura, they have my son!” Seth puts his hand on her shoulder and forces her against the side of the door way as he passes by her. As Seth passes by Sakura slides down the wall and lands on the ground. She brings her knees up to her face and hides her face in her legs and begins sobbing. Seth stops walking when he hears Sakura crying.
Sakura looks up when Seth puts his hand on her shoulder, “You're going to get yourself killed!”
“Sakura I think I know why you came here, and I can't.......Sakura you are gonna have to forget about me.” Sakura's eyes start to tear up again, “I have to go rescue my son.” Seth stands up and walks away as Sakura starts to cry again.