Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Continue
 
Seth paces back and forth a few times before taking a deep breath and grabbing the handle on the door, “Okay.”
Seth pulls over the door and sees.
 
 
“Nothing, huh......” A cold, sad feeling comes over Seth and he falls to his knees. His head becomes heavy for him to hold up and anguish falls upon him again. The pain of his hopes being crushed once again seems too much for him to take, “I should have known.” Seth closes his eyes and just sits on the floor of his home. Seth's mind drifts into fond memories he had with his wife before she was died.
After the battle with Ryu and the Dark Army, Seth continued to lead his group of friends on various missions for the Queen of Tristain judging that she was the only country leader with the greater good in mind. Not all the missions where dangerous and many didn't require Seth since they where more negotiation related. For those missions Seth and Rain would stay behind and those where the days Seth truly loved. Most nights where spent outside of their home in front of a fire. Rain would sit behind him and pull him back against her. She would hold him against her body until he'd fall asleep. The feeling of her warm breath on his neck and her embrace, he could almost feel it again.
Seth opens his eyes and like a dream he can see her again. The warmth. Her breath on his neck. The tight embrace.
“Seth,” her voice just like a sweet dream that has become too good and will end soon, “Seth?”
Seth leans back without think but something stops him from fall backwards. Seth looks up and he suddenly can't move. Long hair covers the face but he knows who it is.
“Seth, what's wrong? Seth can't believe his eyes, his wife, his love, the reason for Seth even being in this world.
“Rain?”
She looks at him like he is losing his mind, “Seth what's wrong? Are you okay?”
Seth can't get anymore words to come. He fumbles forward and almost falls flat on his face. Once he finally gets himself back to his feet he spins around and just stares at Rain. Her face turns red as Seth's staring becomes more intense, “Stop staring like that.”
Seth stumbles forward and falls to his knees in front of Rain. He clutches at her shirt and rests his forehead against her.
Rain kneels down and takes Seth by the chin. She lifts his head so that he looking at her again. Seth takes her by the shoulders and pulls her against him holding her tightly against his body, “Rain is this just a dream?”
“Seth?”
“If it is, then at least it is a good dream.”
Rain pulls away from his embrace, “This isn't a dream Seth. What is wrong with you?”
“If this truly isn't a dream then, I have somethings I need to tell you.”
 
 
Seth explains everything that has happened. Rain just sits on the bed and takes in all the information that Seth has to offer from Stephan being taken away all the way up until what has had happened is the last couple of days. She doesn't seem to find any of the things that he is saying unbelievable. After Seth stops he sits down next to her and holds her as she rests her head on his chest.
“There is one thing I'd like you to do for me Seth.”
“Yea what is it?”
“I'd like you to take me to our son.”