Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rain and Wind
 
After the crowd leaves Tristin walks up to Gen and Seth with his familiar standing securely on his shoulder. He hands the note to Gen and he hands it to Seth.
The boy mentioned is my familiar. He was taken by bandits that came to our village to take our money and crops. I am on my way to your town and should be there within three days.
 
~ Rain Strine
 
Seth puts the note in his pocket and breathes a sigh of relief though he quickly thinks about his new situation. In Strongest Town all he did was train for a month straight he didn't have a job and didn't really have anything to worry about, it was a refreshing change of pace. When Rain comes and takes him back home he will have to deal with Cloud and the rest of the town.
Gen bends so he can see Seth's face, “Hey, are you okay you are acting kind of strange for someone who is about to be taken back to their hometown.”
Seth looks at Gen and Tristin, “It isn't my hometown, when I said I'm not from around here I mean that I'm not from this world, this planet. I was sucked into this world by a portal and I fell from the sky and crashed through a house roof at the village that Rain is from.” Tristin scoffs, “IT'S THE TRUTH!”
Gen finds the information hard to believe but then thinks about the note, “You are a familiar?”
Seth shakes his head, “I don't even know what a familiar is, I don't understand and you never told me anything about it cause I never asked.” Seth points at Tristin's hawk, “That bird is your familiar right, well I'm not a bird I am a human, are all familiars supposed to be animals?”
Gen shrugs, “I am not a noble, I have no familiar.”
Tristin crosses his arms and raises his eyebrow, “I don't see how you can be a familiar I have never heard of a human being summoned in the summoning spell.”
Seth looks at his marking on his shoulder, “Well I was sucked into a green light and the next thing I knee I was falling like I had jumped out of a plane.”
“Plane?”
“Never mind....This girl was saying things that I couldn't understand....she kissed me! My arm started to burn like it was put inside of a fire and then she pointed a wand at me and I could understand what everyone was saying.”
Tristin nods, “Well other than the understanding spell that sounds like normal summoning ceremony and if you have those marks after she kissed you, then you must be a familiar.”
“But what is a familiar exactly, what am I supposed to do?”
“A familiar is supposed to follow the orders of their mage, be as useful as they can in any situation, and protect them with their life.” Seth doesn't like the sound of the first part.
“So whatever Rain says I have to obey her, no matter how stupid?” Tristin nods and Seth kicks a rock, “That sucks.......”
 
 
A few days later a lone horse and rider comes into town The person gets off the horse and pulls back the hood on the cloak, “Seth?” Rain calls for him as there are only a few people on the streets at the moment. Rain starts walking down the main road looking around trying to locate someone who sticks out like a sore thumb.
Gen connects with a strong kick and Seth goes flying off the roof of the house. As he is falling he flips backwards and as he hits the ground he tucks and rolls to soften the impact. Seth stands up and wipes some sweat from his brow.
“Seth?”
Seth spins around and finds himself standing in front of Rain, shirtless. Seth's face turns red and he jumps onto the overhang above the front door to the house and then the roof. Before Rain can follow Seth flips off the roof and lands in front of her again this time, with a shirt, “Uh....hi, Rain.”
Silence ensues and Seth doesn't know what to do. Rain suddenly steps forward and wraps her arms around him, “Thank goodness your okay, I was worried.”
“You worried about me?”
She moves back, “Of course I worried about you, you are my familiar and I don't want bad things happening to you.”
“…......Thank you...”
Gen comes out of the house instead of jumping off the roof, “You must be Seth's mage.” Gen does a small bow, “I am Gen the leader of this town. You don't need to worry, I've trained him so that he can defend himself now.”
Seth pokes at Gen with his elbow, “So I am strong enough now?”
Gen chuckles, “You still can't beat me so I'd watch yourself.”
Seth steps away from Gen and looks at Rain, “So are we gonna head back right now?”
Rain nods, “We should, my brother will worry if we take too long.”
Seth walks back into the house and comes out with a pack, “I am ready.”
Only a few random people see Seth off not including Tristin, though that doesn't really surprise Seth.
As they walk from the town Rain looks at Seth's new outfit, “It's nice to see you have started dressing a little more normally.” She mentally notes the lack of sleeves on his shirt, “Why do you have that cloth covering your left arm?”
Seth smiles at her, “Where I come from people where these to hide things that they don't want people to see because they might be afforded.” Seth rolls the top of it down a little bit so the symbols are uncovered, “I started wearing this because these marks made people uncomfortable in that town.”
She nods in understanding and looks at the horse, “I think we are going to have to just set up camp because the horse is too tired to carry us both back to the village.”
The sun had already began to set anyhow so Seth doesn't protest and he takes the reigns from Rain and ties the horse to a nearby tree, “Do you want me to get some firewood or something.”
Rain is sitting against a tree hugging her knees to her chest, “No we should just go to sleep so we can get back to the village by nightfall tomorrow.”
“Ah, okay, well I am going to find a river.” Seth starts to walk away.
Rain stands up, “Wait you'll get lost again. You shouldn't go alone.”
Seth smiles and scratches at the back of his head, “I am going to find a river so I can wash up. We left the village kinda abruptly and I'd like to take a bath. Don't worry it is easier to get un-lost if you are awake to see where you went.”
Seth smirks and walks into the darkness leaving Rain alone.
'At least he has finally accepted he isn't in some fairy tale dream'
A rustling in a nearby tree makes Rain begin to panic a little, “Seth?”
A body comes out of the tree and pins Rain to the tree behind her.
“Get off me!”
The voice is cautious and nervous, “Please just give me some money, I need some money.”
“SSSEEETTTHHHHH!!!!!”
 
 
Rain's voice echoes from behind him and Seth sprints back to her. Seth finally gets back to the camp and finds Rain pinned to a tree by someone. Seth runs and tackles the figure to the ground forcing open the cloak covering his head. Oliver hair falls out from inside the hood and covers the assailants face.